TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa caps

shelby fever

Phill,

The CS and the Shelby "racetrack" logos have been around since the beginning, pretty much. The 1965 World Champion shirts and original Cobra shirts and coats all had the two racetrack logos.

The difference between the originals and the newer versions is that they are both now "italicized". Examples below:

They are a core Shelby branding, which is why you will see me use them a LOT going forward, as opposed to the "Tiffany" snake (which we share with Ford, as currently seen on GT500s) or the "Cartoon" snake, which was used mainly on A.O. Smith Shelbys.

The CS logo has been on MANY different center caps, from Fords to Dodges to the recent Carroll Shelby Wheel Company offerings. Way too many to list. Which is why it always drove me batty that they weren't a current SPP option, and were high on my to-do list.

Jer

Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 3.16.15 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-12-24 at 3.15.58 PM.jpg

They had a brief hiatus as we started getting ready for a new center cap program. I wanted to make a bunch of different caps for different cars.

We can now do Alcoa-style caps for a few different Shelby models... SGT, GT-H, GT500KR, etc...

The "Cartoon Snake" will be phased out in the next few months, replaced by the CS cap as our "standard".

Jer

Does this list include the Super Snake and if it does are they the same that come on the Super Snake. If they are how do I go about getting a set so I can powder coat them to match the wheels. Thanks Butch

Does this list include the Super Snake and if it does are they the same that come on the Super Snake. If they are how do I go about getting a set so I can powder coat them to match the wheels. Thanks Butch

I could probably make you up a set of black Super Snake ones.

Send me an email next week.

Jer

I had a set of Cobra R caps modified to go on my Alcoas (getting tires in the spring). I contacted the gentleman who advertises on E-Bay and he agreed to modify the set if I supplied them to him. He had done so before for others as well.

I really like how the Tiffany snake and the red "R" looks against our black Red Stripe Edition.......here are some pics of how the caps look on the Alcoas currently....just an idea that I thought I would share.....

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Jer,

Are you planning on making any "Tiffany" snake caps?

Unfortunately, no, not at this time. I've been working on it, but I think that's one cap that won't make the program, I'm sorry.

Jer

Is it a contractual problem with Ford or just a lack of demand?

Somewhat contractual. Ford owns the rights to the Tiffany snake all by itself, so we never get the caps set up that way.

Jer

I had a set of Cobra R caps modified to go on my Alcoas (getting tires in the spring). I contacted the gentleman who advertises on E-Bay and he agreed to modify the set if I supplied them to him. He had done so before for others as well.

I really like how the Tiffany snake and the red "R" looks against our black Red Stripe Edition.......here are some pics of how the caps look on the Alcoas currently....just an idea that I thought I would share.....

What a neat idea! I had an extra set for my Cobra R's that I sold last year...now I wish I would have kept them.

Archived