TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa caps

shelby fever

Ok I got a set of the new 50 years and don't like that the caps are plastic. And had some ideas if the stock ones would fit.

Ok I got a set of the new 50 years and don't like that the caps are plastic. And had some ideas if the stock ones would fit.

The only ones that were available from SPP were the tiffany snake with Shelby in red across them & they stop suppling them when they quit making the Alcoas. They are also plastic made by Scott Drake. If you are thinking of getting rid of them let me know as a friend of mine is thinking of buying a set. I think the 50Th `s are made by Scott Drake.

This type of cap has always had the same plastic "carrier", just the emblems have changed (Super Snake, plain Alcoa, all of them)...

Just an FYI.

Jer

I have been running these for a couple years now. I really like them.

In another thread Jer said that they still make the original Alcoa caps.

Well, there actually was a cap that said "Alcoa" early on, and we DON'T offer that, but the caps that were previously offered (with the silver cartoon snake and the red "Shelby" lettering) are still available. They've been phased out, really, but we still make them for owners who break one or just HAVE TO have them.

BTW, a large reason why these caps are plastic is that they are a pop-in design, and having a hunk of metal that could potentially fly off your wheel would not be desirable.

Jer

Well, there actually was a cap that said "Alcoa" early on, and we DON'T offer that, but the caps that were previously offered (with the silver cartoon snake and the red "Shelby" lettering) are still available. They've been phased out, really, but we can still make them for owners who break one or just HAVE TO have them.

BTW, a large reason why these caps are plastic is that they are a pop-in design, and having a hunk of metal that could potentially fly off your wheel would not be desirable.

Jer

Can a Super Snake owner get a set of the Super Snake caps to put on these wheels since I'm removing the Super Snake stamped wheels for safe keeping and putting these on. I plan on powder coating them so I can't use the stock ones

Can a Super Snake owner get a set of the Super Snake caps to put on these wheels since I'm removing the Super Snake stamped wheels for safe keeping and putting these on. I plan on powder coating them so I can't use the stock ones

I'll check for you.

Jer

Will the stock 07-09 gt500 caps fit in the Alcoa ss rims. Does anybody know. Thanks

In short, No. However, if you have the 18" Alcoa KR rims the answer changes to Yes.

The 20" Alcoa "Super Snake" wheels and "Super Snake style" wheels both have a different sized center hole than the stock Ford products, including the GT500 and GT500KR (which uses 18" Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels).

If you have a set of the 18" Alcoa's, any Ford Motor Company and/or Ford Racing center cap will fit. The stock/OEM center caps from my 2010 GT500 fit perfectly in my 18" Alcoa Dura-Bright KR wheels.

As someone pointed out, you can buy a set of modified OEM (SVT) center caps that include a keeper ring on e-bay if you want the stock looking "SVT" caps on your 20" Alcoa wheels.

Shelby Perf. Parts has a selection of center caps that will work on the 20" Alcoa wheels so you're not 'stuck' with only using the SS or SS style center caps.

And as Jer pointed out, they ARE all plastic. I have observed some guys that have had problems with them melting under severe brake usage (i.e. track conditions) so I'd recommend you remove them if you're going to track your car or you will most likely ruin them.

HTH,

Phill

Shelby Perf. Parts has a selection of center caps that will work on the 20" Alcoa wheels so you're not 'stuck' with only using the SS or SS style center caps.

Where are the Alcoa caps listed? I can't find them on the site.

Where are the Alcoa caps listed? I can't find them on the site.

We've started doing so many different variants of these caps that we haven't had time to put them all online. Send me an email with the ones you want, or give me an idea, and I'll get that info to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jer

We've started doing so many different variants of these caps that we haven't had time to put them all online. Send me an email with the ones you want, or give me an idea, and I'll get that info to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jer

Jer, any opportunity to purchase an extra set of 4 - GT500KR/Shelby Automobiles - 18' Alcoa Wheel caps? I like the flush look of the 18's and would like to re-produce it on the Alcoa 50 Years wheels with KR Caps. I'd have to fab something up to make them fit so I don't want to chance wrecking my original caps. First 20 arrived yesterday! Beautiful! Thanks again Jer, above and beyond my expectations, and that's just the packaging I'm talking about! :) The wheel is even better in person! Did you have many of these going to Canada?

Jer, any opportunity to purchase an extra set of 4 - GT500KR/Shelby Automobiles - 18' Alcoa Wheel caps? I like the flush look of the 18's and would like to re-produce it on the Alcoa 50 Years wheels with KR Caps. I'd have to fab something up to make them fit so I don't want to chance wrecking my original caps. First 20 arrived yesterday! Beautiful! Thanks again Jer, above and beyond my expectations, and that's just the packaging I'm talking about! :) The wheel is even better in person! Did you have many of these going to Canada?

Let me check stock on those.

Jer

The bottom one isn`t available for the Alcoa wheels anymore .

It is available, it's just undergone a name change to clarify and avoid confusion:

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7s3z-1130-shlby.htm

Jer

It is available, it's just undergone a name change to clarify and avoid confusion:

http://www.shelbysto...-1130-shlby.htm

Jer

Jer,

Are there plans still in place to produce the "new" CS tribute center caps for the GP consumption? I'm waiting patiently, 'with bells on'.

I was watching the 'BJ Shelby special' the other night and I happened to notice a set of the on a classic Shelby. I can't remember if it was a GT350 or 500 (might'a even been a AC/Cobra) but seeing them on a classic car made me want a set that much more. I thought they were a new idea for the new and exclusive "Fifty Years" Alcoa wheels and liked them well enough at that. I tend to opt for a 'retro' look on my vehicles (my Harley looks iike it came right out of 1955) and the fact that the CS logo isn't something *new* but rather retro just made them that much more appealing to me.

And while I have your attention, how did the Christmas party turn out yesterday noon?

Seeing Tim dressed up in his Elf costume was kind of, uh...well, actually a little disturbing! <LOL>

I would'a stuck around longer but I had miles to put on my odometer.

Phill

Jer,

Are there plans still in place to produce the "new" CS tribute center caps for the GP consumption? I'm waiting patiently, 'with bells on'.

I was watching the 'BJ Shelby special' the other night and I happened to notice a set of the on a classic Shelby. I can't remember if it was a GT350 or 500 (might'a even been a AC/Cobra) but seeing them on a classic car made me want a set that much more. I thought they were a new idea for the new and exclusive "Fifty Years" Alcoa wheels and liked them well enough at that. I tend to opt for a 'retro' look on my vehicles (my Harley looks iike it came right out of 1955) and the fact that the CS logo isn't something *new* but rather retro just made them that much more appealing to me.

And while I have your attention, how did the Christmas party turn out yesterday noon?

Seeing Tim dressed up in his Elf costume was kind of, uh...well, actually a little disturbing! <LOL>

I would'a stuck around longer but I had miles to put on my odometer.

Phill

Yes, the caps will be available as a regular item. I'm just making sure the Fifty Years Wheel buyers get first shot.

As for the party, yes, it was very cool, thanks.

Jer

Thanks Jer all I could find in the SPP was the ones that said not for Alcoas. So where were these. ?

They had a brief hiatus as we started getting ready for a new center cap program. I wanted to make a bunch of different caps for different cars.

We can now do Alcoa-style caps for a few different Shelby models... SGT, GT-H, GT500KR, etc...

The "Cartoon Snake" will be phased out in the next few months, replaced by the CS cap as our "standard".

Jer

Oh MERRY CHRISTMAS Jer

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Jer

The "Cartoon Snake" will be phased out in the next few months, replaced by the CS cap as our "standard".

Jer,

I mentioned in another comment that I just recently saw a set of the CS center caps (EXACTLY like what you recently made) on the BJ "Shelby" edition the other night.

I don't remember what car they were on, or if it even showed the car they were on but I *did* see the caps on the show. I'm thinking it was on a Mustang and a fastback at that so my predominant thought is that it was on a '65 or '66 GT350. Might'a been a '67-ish GT500 too. Hell, might'a been a AC Cobra or that Series 1 the Playboy model sold. I just don't remember and quite honestly, it was a real quick/passing shot of them.

To be more than honest I thought the "CS" road course logo was something new to the Shelby world, or just newER (such as, since the 'new' SAI/SA was created in LV).

Do you know the history of the CS center caps and what car/s those caps previously appeared on? It might have even been on a set of 'optional' Shelby wheels someone put on any one of the above mentioned cars.

At this point I'm really just more curious than anything else. I lean heavily towards "retro" styling on my vehicles (bikes and cars) and so a set of those "Retro" CS center caps would be a nice touch to my GT500 (with the "retro" GT500 style quarter scoops, side scoops, etc.). I liked them before but now they're a "gotta have" item!

TIA,

Phill

Archived