TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Last Shelby, and My Current One

Golden-Arm

here's a pic of my last shelby (923), that i painted 1970 mopar FM3 (panther pink/moulon rouge) color. it also has a dodge demon twin snorkle hoodscoop on it. the red and white ones get boring, so i need a little something different. i have a bunch of pics, but this is my favorite. my current shelby dakota (439) is in the paint booth, getting a nice coat of PXR (black pearl metallic) which is a current chrysler color, used on the 300's. also changing the interior into a black one, and i'm taking apart the factory bench seat, and will have it resewn, using black material in place of the maroon, while keeping the shelby inserts. it has a 1969 1/2 superbee hoodscoop on it (the A12 package) and hoodpins. hood and cowl are organisol black, and everything else will be PXR. running black steel cragars, and have all windows limo tinted. makes for a very sinister looking ride :drool:

post-30941-0-96517900-1354935261_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-96517900-1354935261_thumb.jpg

thats the one, running in the 11's actually. it's for sale now, and i'm thinking about buying it back. the black one is almost done with prep, and hits the paint booth next tuesday. :drool:

i just got it home today, from the paint booth, and i'm starting to put it back together. the entire build can be found on moparts, in the truck section. i'm also changing the interior over to black, where there's maroon now, and the shelby stuff will remain. this includes taking the seat apart, and having it resewn, with new black materials. 318 getting stroked to 390, comp coming out, six pack going in. :drool:

almost done. have to put the skirt pieces back underneath, put on the new antenna and take it back for cutting and buffing next month. this is what shelby shoukd have done, instead of red. :drool:

post-30941-0-83908200-1356473320_thumb.jpg

post-30941-0-83908200-1356473320_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived