TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Should I Sell

cleghornm

No idea of condition of your rides. Are we talking an even up trade or will it require cash as well? Everything I've read says the 302 is a great car and feels good on the street, even as a daily driver. But, it must be nice having a pair of stangs in the stable. Sorry, I'm not good at making these types of decisions, lol.

The rides are in top notch condition with about 20K in parts for each, I'll never get that back, I know that. It's just hard to make a leap form very nice cars to one that is just as nice or may be not as nice. I just need the sapce, so some more thoughts?

If it's space you need then I'd say go for Torch's idea......sell both and go 2013 GT500. Otherwise go with gt67's idea and sell the GT for the Boss.

Either way it sounds like a win-win to me.

Keep the Shelby and trade the GT for a Boss. I would make the trade before Spring because there will probably be a ADM on the Boss.

BTW: You're getting good opinions from three 40th owners......... :hysterical:

We don't get out much.

I think the Boss 302 is the best Mustang made the past couple years, if I were in the Market it would be my choice for sure. I would do my best to get both your cars to stock and sell of the parts for 50 cents on the dollar, they should sell pretty quick at that price. Trade which ever one they give you a better deal on and sell the other or maybe trade both?

I would take a Boss 302 any day over a 2008 GT500, but that is just me. Then again you have put some mods into it so maybe not yours, but a stock one for sure.

If my Shelby GT was stock I would have traded it for a Boss 302, fortunately I love every mod I have done to it and I still look at it and love what I see and I love the way it drives as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The Shelby GT500 has the torque @480 and in 3rd and 4th gear the Boss torque@ 380 just does not feel as strong as the GT500.Those are the gears most used on a race track. With a simple bolt on and tune the GT500 torque can reach over 510 like the 2008 KR.

I have a friend with a new 2013 Boss 302 that I drove a few weeks ago. It handled nicely and really wanted to rev in the 7,000 rpm plus range. If I didn't already have a 2011 Shelby GT-500 I might have thought it was the best Mustang I had ever driven; and I've owned and driven Mustangs daily since my first new one in 1970.

However, my 2011 GT-500 is a "base" model with the only extra options being the car cover that came in the trunk (never opened, still in bag). I've weighed my car and with a full tank of gas it was 3770 pounds. The boss felt much like my aluminum blocked Shelby GT-500 in handling on the street in my spirited test drive taking the curves and cloverleafs at fun speeds. It felt almost like driving my Shelby only it was about 150 hp down. I really had to "work" to get it up to speed whereas in my Shelby I only need to "breath" on the gas peddle to move out briskly. It was a fun car and I'd love to have one as a daily driver (for the increased mpg, LOL) but I wouldn't trade a 2011 and up GT-500 for one. Maybe an earlier GT-500 but not one with the aluminum block and lighter weight.

As I said, if I didn't already own a late model GT-500 I've probably think i was the best Mustang ever from Ford and the Track Apps was very cool.

Archived