TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010+ Carbon Fiber Front Splitters Now In Stock at SPP!

Jer

I've been wanting one of these forever and a day but I just WIPED OUT my stock one (don't ask, one word answer: "STOOPID"!) and I'm SOOO happy it's not a ~$800 CF version!

Lesson learned. If you want 'pretty'....THINK before you move!

Stupid stupid stOOpid,

Phill

I've been wanting one of these forever and a day but I just WIPED OUT my stock one (don't ask, one word answer: "STOOPID"!) and I'm SOOO happy it's not a ~$800 CF version!

Stupid stupid stOOpid,

Phill

Gotttaaaa be careful Phill

Stupid stupid stOOpid,

Phill

Key service note Phill - remove splitter BEFORE loading car onto hauler . :drop: This may come in handy when attending this years Bash .

Key service note Phill - remove splitter BEFORE loading car onto hauler . :drop: This may come in handy when attending this years Bash .

We transport cars with splitters a LOT (think about it), and we use wood runners at the trailer edge to get the angle we need.

Jer

We transport cars with splitters a LOT (think about it), and we use wood runners at the trailer edge to get the angle we need.

Jer

I did to. Sort of.

The first problem is, I put the 2013 additional "air dam" on my car, plus the FRPP FR-3 handling pack (1.5" lower). That's what *started* my stupidity. And yes, it started with me trying to load my car onto my hauler for a "test" load.

First I tried one 2x8...Not high enough. Then I tried 2 (in steps). Still ran the air dam into the ramps. Then 3, STILL ran the air dam into the ramps (and I have the "Texas style" Long Ramps).

I finally said "SCREW IT" and pulled the 12 bolts off that hold the air dam portion onto the OEM splitter and the air dam. Then put the 12 bolts in the plastic bag with the little clips that come with the '13 air dam and I was finally able to get the car up the ramps with ease (still using the 3 steps of 2x8). I unloaded the car and put it away for the night, brought it back out of the garage the next day and parked it at the curb so I could have room in my garage and on my driveway to make some more "permanent" and nicer wood step/ramps and fix some other small items on the hauler.

And that's when "STOOPID" kicked in. I had to run down to Lowes, about 5 miles away on a 65mph road and it was a nice day (starting to see where this is going yet?) so instead of the Raptor, I decided to take the GT500............

When I got to the 65mph portion of the road, I suddenly heard a horrendous scraping noise from under the car. There were huge tumble weeds crossing the highway so I figured I must'a hit one without seeing it coming. I started wig-wagging to try to dislodge it, then pulled to the right side of the road where they put those cuts to wake you up thinking those would SURELY dislodge the tumble weed but to no avail. So farg, I pull over to try and get this stupid tumble weed out from under my car and JUST as I'm lifting out of the car....I remember what I just did with the 12 bolts that hold the spoiler on! (I moved them from my Roll Cab tool box to a shelf with the air dam!).

Sure enough, I walk to the front of my car and the spoiler is hanging down with the nose portion against the road....with a FLAT ground out area straight across the face of it.

I was SO PISSED at myself. There are little 'clips' that hold the spoiler up but apparently at 65mph, there's enough wind resistance/force to pull them off of the front valance and allow your splitter to be pushed down into the roadway! I just happened to find a length of barbed wire that I was able to separate and wire the splitter up so I could get back home (about 2 miles at this point).

It's said "You can't fix stupid" but in my case, I can...For about $90-$125 bucks.

Like I said, stupid stOOpid STOOPID!

The first to admit his mistakes (and STUPIDITY),

Phill (learn from me, guys!)

You hit the nail on the head.......

Phill

I did to. Sort of.

The first problem is, I put the 2013 additional "air dam" on my car, plus the FRPP FR-3 handling pack (1.5" lower). That's what *started* my stupidity. And yes, it started with me trying to load my car onto my hauler for a "test" load.

First I tried one 2x8...Not high enough. Then I tried 2 (in steps). Still ran the air dam into the ramps. Then 3, STILL ran the air dam into the ramps (and I have the "Texas style" Long Ramps).

I finally said "SCREW IT" and pulled the 12 bolts off that hold the air dam portion onto the OEM splitter and the air dam. Then put the 12 bolts in the plastic bag with the little clips that come with the '13 air dam and I was finally able to get the car up the ramps with ease (still using the 3 steps of 2x8). I unloaded the car and put it away for the night, brought it back out of the garage the next day and parked it at the curb so I could have room in my garage and on my driveway to make some more "permanent" and nicer wood step/ramps and fix some other small items on the hauler.

And that's when "STOOPID" kicked in. I had to run down to Lowes, about 5 miles away on a 65mph road and it was a nice day (starting to see where this is going yet?) so instead of the Raptor, I decided to take the GT500............

When I got to the 65mph portion of the road, I suddenly heard a horrendous scraping noise from under the car. There were huge tumble weeds crossing the highway so I figured I must'a hit one without seeing it coming. I started wig-wagging to try to dislodge it, then pulled to the right side of the road where they put those cuts to wake you up thinking those would SURELY dislodge the tumble weed but to no avail. So farg, I pull over to try and get this stupid tumble weed out from under my car and JUST as I'm lifting out of the car....I remember what I just did with the 12 bolts that hold the spoiler on! (I moved them from my Roll Cab tool box to a shelf with the air dam!).

Sure enough, I walk to the front of my car and the spoiler is hanging down with the nose portion against the road....with a FLAT ground out area straight across the face of it.

I was SO PISSED at myself. There are little 'clips' that hold the spoiler up but apparently at 65mph, there's enough wind resistance/force to pull them off of the front valance and allow your splitter to be pushed down into the roadway! I just happened to find a length of barbed wire that I was able to separate and wire the splitter up so I could get back home (about 2 miles at this point).

It's said "You can't fix stupid" but in my case, I can...For about $90-$125 bucks.

Like I said, stupid stOOpid STOOPID!

The first to admit his mistakes (and STUPIDITY),

Phill (learn from me, guys!)

Phill you can buy my original lower air dame if you want lol. It has a few scuff marks on each end of it that I sanded down. Since its no longer on my car since I have the carbon fiber one you could buy it and have one that you don't care what happens to it.

Phill you can buy my original lower air dame if you want lol. It has a few scuff marks on each end of it that I sanded down. Since its no longer on my car since I have the carbon fiber one you could buy it and have one that you don't care what happens to it.

I've got that/those part(s), in GREAT condition.

It was sitting on my bench at home when my ORIGINAL splitter was dragging along the ground for about a mile!

Phill

I've got that/those part(s), in GREAT condition.

It was sitting on my bench at home when my ORIGINAL splitter was dragging along the ground for about a mile!

Phill

Ahhh I see. You want my original one then? That one has a tiny scuff mark on one side that my mod shop did and they paid dearly for it.

Ahhh I see. You want my original one then? That one has a tiny scuff mark on one side that my mod shop did and they paid dearly for it.

Your original (OEM) Splitter or Air Dam?

I'm in need of a splitter. Was gonna order it from Tousley along with a pair of Cobra Jet sidevies mirror delete covers.

HIt me by PM.

Phill

Archived