TEAM SHELBY FORUM

M/M Caster Camber plate installation

Capt500

For anyone who has done this install....

I installed the FRPP lowering spring kit on my 2011 SVTPP several months back and am overall very happy with it. I installed caster/camber bolts in an effort to realign the front end, but they haven't really worked out. I've decided to install the Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates to take care of this issue. My question is: on the installation instructions, there are two ways of stacking the spacers on the strut- one for standard and one for lowered ride height....which one is better for my situation? I do 95% of my driving on the street. The stacking order for the lowered set-up is, however, only recommended for advanced/track driving and states that minimal difference would be noticed by staying with the standard set-up. I've attached a link to the installation instructions- take a look on pages 7 and 12-13. I guess I just don't want to lose any of the lowered ride height by incorrectly installing the plates.

Also, is it just me, or does the addition of this plate seem like it will raise the front end of the car, thus negating any lowered ride height I got from the springs? Thanks for your input!

Unless you have something else going on that's thrown your alignment or caster/camber settings out of spec, the 5300-L lowering springs don't affect any aspect of the front end, (toe, bump steer, caster, camber, etc.) to enough of a degree to require any kind of additional device to compensate.

I have the 5300-L springs and 5490-B sway bar kit on my '13 Coupe (phenomenal additions to it, by the way) as part of an overall suspension upgrade that's installed billet or tubular components in place of anything stamped. After a full alignment, despite the car being substantially lower, it continued to be well within spec. I DID choose to install the Shelby/MM caster/camber adjustment plates, but ONLY to allow me to selectively dial-in a couple of degrees of negative camber to gain additional front end bite on track days, not to correct or compensate for anything.

Unless you have something else going on that's thrown your alignment or caster/camber settings out of spec, the 5300-L lowering springs don't affect any aspect of the front end, (toe, bump steer, caster, camber, etc.) to enough of a degree to require any kind of additional device to compensate.

I have the 5300-L springs and 5490-B sway bar kit on my '13 Coupe (phenomenal additions to it, by the way) as part of an overall suspension upgrade that's installed billet or tubular components in place of anything stamped. After a full alignment, despite the car being substantially lower, it continued to be well within spec. I DID choose to install the Shelby/MM caster/camber adjustment plates, but ONLY to allow me to selectively dial-in a couple of degrees of negative camber to gain additional front end bite on track days, not to correct or compensate for anything.

Madlock take a look at the FRPP show happening now. Their new catalogue shows an interesting note on the sway bars are warned you about.

For anyone who has done this install....

I installed the FRPP lowering spring kit on my 2011 SVTPP several months back and am overall very happy with it. I installed caster/camber bolts in an effort to realign the front end, but they haven't really worked out. I've decided to install the Maximum Motorsport caster camber plates to take care of this issue. My question is: on the installation instructions, there are two ways of stacking the spacers on the strut- one for standard and one for lowered ride height....which one is better for my situation? I do 95% of my driving on the street. The stacking order for the lowered set-up is, however, only recommended for advanced/track driving and states that minimal difference would be noticed by staying with the standard set-up. I've attached a link to the installation instructions- take a look on pages 7 and 12-13. I guess I just don't want to lose any of the lowered ride height by incorrectly installing the plates.

Also, is it just me, or does the addition of this plate seem like it will raise the front end of the car, thus negating any lowered ride height I got from the springs? Thanks for your input!

First - the C/C doesn't raise the front end height and second - set it for the stacking order for the lowered setup to maintain the shock travel on a lowered vehicle.

• 10 months later...

This is an old thread, but I found it while searching so thought I'd resurrect. I'm installing the MM CC plates this evening and was wondering about the "Advanced Racer Installation" that was outlined in the instructions. Based on Albino's recommendation I will go ahead and install and see how it goes. This is on a '12 with "L" springs and tokico d-specs. The instructions warn about possible hood interference so hopefully that won't be an issue here.

Archived