TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake in Austin, TX

Hope this isn't a repost. I don't really know that much about Super Snakes, but isn't this thing overpriced by a factor of about two, or is there something I don't know about it?

http://www.samesrbm.com/vehicle/used-2011-ford-shelby-gt500-1046387.cfml?refby=dealersite#ar_top

The dealer that is selling this SS are the ones who had it converted into a SS so there is a good chance the car is still on MSO. And with under 1,500 miles the car should be in like new condition. The SS package with options probably ran them from $46-48k This is a 800hp SS.

What made me cringe the most was the freshly drilled front bumper.

Steve

Yep, over priced but if the seller can get that, great. I agree with Steve...........drilled bumper makes me cringe.

You mean for the license tags, right? I wonder why people do that when there are excellent alternatives. I don't think I'd have the sack to take a drill to mine.

The dealer that is selling this SS are the ones who had it converted into a SS so there is a good chance the car is still on MSO. And with under 1,500 miles the car should be in like new condition. The SS package with options probably ran them from $46-48k This is a 800hp SS.

What made me cringe the most was the freshly drilled front bumper.

Steve

Steve - A Super Snake can now be done as a "pre-title" upgrade? This car has never been titled? It is still under Manuf. Cert. of Origin and has not been titled for a "post title" Super Snake upgrade as was required a couple of years ago, even at the dealer level?

R

Steve - A Super Snake can now be done as a "pre-title" upgrade? This car has never been titled? It is still under Manuf. Cert. of Origin and has not been titled for a "post title" Super Snake upgrade as was required a couple of years ago, even at the dealer level?

R

Technically no but there have been a few dealers, like Tasca who have had cars converted while still on MSO. Let me repeat that its only a guess on my part that this SS may still be on MSO. This would need to be confirmed with the selling dealership or by running a CarFax report.

Steve

Technically no but there have been a few dealers, like Tasca who have had cars converted while still on MSO. Let me repeat that its only a guess on my part that this SS may still be on MSO. This would need to be confirmed with the selling dealership or by running a CarFax report.

Steve

Thanks Steve, and I would understand how a dealership with an authorized modification center for Super Snake upgrades like Tasca could "slip" a MSO GT500 through the Super Snake process before title.

R

Archived