TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking about SSing my 2011

I'd have to finish a motorcycle build and sell it in order to have the cash, so I'm in no hurry.

Asking opinions, should I do it or not? Pros? Cons?

I know I can add the parts myself but it wouldn't be a true Super Snake. Also, I'd have to remove the mods I have done, I assume.

Basically asking you to talk me out of spending $40Gs+ ;)

It sounds like he is trying to be talked out of doing the SS.

Roger will with a doubt talk him into it.

If you can swing the 40K, go for it.

From what I have seen with a couple of the local guys, you won't regret it.

Plus you get the coveted CSM #.

Honestly I haven't made a final decision yet. Going back and forth about a GT350 and SSing my current car. Could go either way or neither at this point.

I have a request via email into SAI so I guess I wait for a reply and go from there. I have a questions and if Shelby can't do them then I guess I know my answer.

This is a very good question. We are fortunate to have a history with the older Shelby's and even the newer ones. The short choice is simple and certainly the answer is yes you should Super Snake the car. But the longer answer is below:

You will like the look and performance of the car. The change is remarkable and it truly sets the car about and makes it one of hundreds vs thousands.

You most always get the additional investment back even now for doing this upgrade. Look at current resale values vs standard GT500's.

In 65 you could have bought nearly everything needed to make a GT350 right from Shelby American. The car would have performed equally as well and looked virtually the same....and you would have saved a bit of money. Today the clones are worth about $50K nicely done and the originals $250K++.

As such the Shelby serial numbered packages have always been the best investment.

This is a very good question. We are fortunate to have a history with the older Shelby's and even the newer ones. The short choice is simple and certainly the answer is yes you should Super Snake the car. But the longer answer is below:

You will like the look and performance of the car. The change is remarkable and it truly sets the car about and makes it one of hundreds vs thousands.

You most always get the additional investment back even now for doing this upgrade. Look at current resale values vs standard GT500's.

In 65 you could have bought nearly everything needed to make a GT350 right from Shelby American. The car would have performed equally as well and looked virtually the same....and you would have saved a bit of money. Today the clones are worth about $50K nicely done and the originals $250K++.

As such the Shelby serial numbered packages have always been the best investment.

Gary,

The fact that YOU answered this post it not good. I've been wondering if Roger was still with Shelby because his absence has been noticed by at least myself. I have been planing to e-mail Jer and ask him privately but like I said, the fact that you answered this query is somewhat telling.

So I'll come right out and ask: Is Roger Sorel still around? I mean, is he still with Shelby as Director of Sales/Customer Service?

EDIT: My question/concern was answered in another post. Roger is no longer with Shelby, at least not in the same capacity he has been in the past. It was said he will be a "consultant" to Shelby (which means he'll answer their questions when they have them).

IMO, this is terrible news.

Phill

Anyone needing sales information for cars should contact Tim Pittsenbarger or Jeremy Roberts at Shelby. Both are great and very qualified to do the job.

Roger is going to work from his home in Rhode Island. We are still working out the details of his capacity and how he will assist us and he remains a big Shelby enthusiast.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

Call Roger Sorel at Shelby. He is the sales director and can answer all your questions and help you make your purchase.

dont think that is going to work Grabber....... :hysterical:

if you want to talk to sales at SA, call the folks Gary Patterson suggested,.......

otherwise, ask specifically for owner feedback, I think that is what you are really after.

Also I would recommend you inviting people to take the conversation private/offline from the forum.....

this will give you the best chance of getting real honest answers from actual owners rather than the watered down fluff that ultimately wont give you the answers you seek.

best of luck to you Harley whatever you decide.

dont think that is going to work Grabber....... :hysterical:

if you want to talk to sales at SA, call the folks Gary Patterson suggested,.......

otherwise, ask specifically for owner feedback, I think that is what you are really after.

Also I would recommend you inviting people to take the conversation private/offline from the forum.....

this will give you the best chance of getting real honest answers from actual owners rather than the watered down fluff that ultimately wont give you the answers you seek.

best of luck to you Harley whatever you decide.

Thanks and new thread started also.

I would get the super snake over a gt350 especially on a 2011-2012 mustang. Since its a real upgrade all around on those models. Plus your paying for the CSM ignore the parts. If I had the money I would do it, but only after I bought my 2013 viper, ferrari 458, and mclaren mpc though lol.

Archived