TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Order process question

The process is to go to your local Ford dealer to order the base car, after contacting SAI putting down a deposit, reservation form/contract and to get the exact specs sheet from them for the proper order equipment codes, deletes, drop ship info, etc. Give all that SAI info to the dealer when you order the car. Then after it is finished at the Ford factory, they drop ship to SAI in 'Vegas and you go and pay for the base car you ordered at your Ford dealer. The rest of the bill comes from SAI.

It was an easy process through my Ford dealer and SAI. It helps if your Ford dealer knows about Shelby American (not all do, surprisingly). And get the sales person that understands performance cars and special orders as it avoids a lot of questions and confusion. Then get the order and deposits in a.s.a.p.

And one additional tip, after you order call your SAI sales rep every few days until you get the car to see if they are changing any significant design cues, equipment, materials, etc. from what you have ordered. They do it frequently apparently, and they will not call you to tell you anything has changed from your order. Words to the wise and caveat emptor....

Mike is correct on checking in regularly on the order. Getting the right answer from the right person who really knows what the full current status of your order is can be challenging and you can expect different answers from different people. So keep checking and verifying if you have any conmcerns.

Mike is correct on checking in regularly on the order. Getting the right answer from the right person who really knows what the full current status of your order is can be challenging and you can expect different answers from different people. So keep checking and verifying if you have any conmcerns.

Since I have a GT500 now I've decided to go the Super Snake route with it, pending a few things coming together on my end.

Thanks for all the information.

Archived