TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 super snake

1sgt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I was thinking of driving home but it's 2,576 + miles . So I'm going to have it shipped buy Reliable . I'll post pictures when I pick her up on Aug 9 .

I know I like the way the set up is . We go from shop to shop . I don't think Mr . SHELBY is going to be happy with these :shrug::shrug: I well post the pictures on the 9 of Aug it's going to be a great BITHDAY :worm:

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I added one more mod after taking museum delivery which set things back.

Oh and the mod was electric seats.

DSC00114_zpsc499bace.jpg

I said it on the Facebook debut and I'll say it here. That sure is a BEAUTIFUL car.

I really really REALLY like the Ruby Red/White combo.

Phill

DSC00114_zpsc499bace.jpg

1sgt, The car looks fantastic

When did Shelby America stop installing the hood pins on the Super Snake cars? Is this new with the 13-14 Super Snakes? Has a major reinforcement of the fiberglass in the hood latch area and underside bracing been made to the newest generation of the Super Snake hoods? I would assume this is carrying over to the hoods sold through the Shelby America Performance Parts Center, can you elaborate on this also? If all this has been done, then I would assume that Shelby America is not worried about the hood latch bar being ripped from the fiberglass at high speeds and blowing the hood up over the windshield and causing an accident.

Can somebody from Shelby America also address these questions.

I'm sorry to steal your thunder and thread 1sgt, but the pictures of your beautiful car brought these questions to my mind when I noticed that it didn't have hood pins.

I didn't want the hood pins I didn't like the look of them . Maybe if I did the 800 +hp I would have done it .

I think you made a good choice. The lack of pins really cleans up the nose.

Phill

I'm think I need to do something with the ARM REST it's boring ? I see Designer Auto acc has some great console covers ?? I'm going to have to think about that ??

Shelby used to offer a really nice carbon fiber armrest. It wasn't all CF but the rear part was and the front part had the cobra on it. Or reverse of that.

No more?

Phill

But you've glossed over the best part. The package on a Super Snake does not depreciate nearly at all. In other words, you buy a GT500 for $X and add all the goodies. Even if the car itself depreciates, the package does not - A used Super Snake sells for approximately $20-$25K more than its stock brother. Whereas, if you just ADD all the same parts to your stock GT500 you've pretty much flushed that money down the drain, plus you're really NOT a Shelby American product. The CSM number has real, undisputed value in the car market, the rest is just subjective. You either like it, or you don't.

Here is a perfect example why you buy a real Super Snake instead of trying to make your own version. Why would anyone pay the asking price for this clone? Money wasted IMO

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Coupe-2-Door-2009-shelby-gt-500-super-snake-clone-800-hp-kenne-bell-/321198907285?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ac8f25f95&vxp=mtr#ht_1608wt_1064

While the asking price of that is pretty high, a lot of people can't afford to do a Supersnake package and put out 30k at once. I think it's a gorgeous car and at least he is not actually trying to sell it as a Supersnake. Like my car, it is just about the same as what the Supersnakes have minus the upgraded supercharger and interior. No way I could have put out 30k for an SS package. Been working on it for four years. One thing I find interesting about his ad is he says he has 15" rotors. I didn't know the Shelby/Baer systems came in 15".

Archived