TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 super snake

1sgt

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a whole lot more than a supercharger. We address suspension, wheels tires, brakes cooling system, hood exhaust and a whole lot more.....Call or e-mail for all of the details.

702-942-7325 or e-mail sales@shelbyamerican.com and we will be happy to assist you or anyone else. HIstorically and current examples have proven to be a great investment.

I lost my 2011 GT 350 to SANDY so today I orded a 2014 super sake . I have no idear when they are going to start makeing them .

Real sorry to hear about the loss and I hope you and your family are safe and sound now.

Congrats on ordering the 2014 Super Snake........you will LOVE the new Shelby.

I'm a little lost for $ 39.995 it's with a supercharger with all the STANDARD FUNCTIONAL ??

You get a super expensive supercharger and super expensive wheels that mostly everyone hates compared to alcoas although they are a very nice material. Basically both cost around 8k. You get that duct exhaust by borla and the only suspension thing changed is ford racing springs which are 200 bucks. Hood is a downgrade in functionality but upgrade in looks. The brake cooling ducts are nice though, I'm waiting for those to become available.

Keep in mind you are not really paying for much performance. You are paying for that CSM number that will keep those mods from depreciating and maybe fetch you some return 30 years from now.

You get a super expensive supercharger and super expensive wheels that mostly everyone hates compared to alcoas although they are a very nice material. Basically both cost around 8k. You get that duct exhaust by borla and the only suspension thing changed is ford racing springs which are 200 bucks. Hood is a downgrade in functionality but upgrade in looks. The brake cooling ducts are nice though, I'm waiting for those to become available.

Keep in mind you are not really paying for much performance. You are paying for that CSM number that will keep those mods from depreciating and maybe fetch you some return 30 years from now.

But you've glossed over the best part. The package on a Super Snake does not depreciate nearly at all. In other words, you buy a GT500 for $X and add all the goodies. Even if the car itself depreciates, the package does not - A used Super Snake sells for approximately $20-$25K more than its stock brother. Whereas, if you just ADD all the same parts to your stock GT500 you've pretty much flushed that money down the drain, plus you're really NOT a Shelby American product. The CSM number has real, undisputed value in the car market, the rest is just subjective. You either like it, or you don't.

But you've glossed over the best part. The package on a Super Snake does not depreciate nearly at all. In other words, you buy a GT500 for $X and add all the goodies. Even if the car itself depreciates, the package does not - A used Super Snake sells for approximately $20-$25K more than its stock brother. Whereas, if you just ADD all the same parts to your stock GT500 you've pretty much flushed that money down the drain, plus you're really NOT a Shelby American product. The CSM number has real, undisputed value in the car market, the rest is just subjective. You either like it, or you don't.

Well put.......and it works for me.

No I mentioned that the parts won't depreciate at the very end. The car will depreciate but the 30k you paid won't. I like parts of the super snake. Same as pretty much every ford product I only like parts of them. Thats why I am trying to combine all of them in my gt500 to make basically the best of the best since clearly both ford and shelby can't.

Plus all the parts I have paid for and decided I didn't want I've sold them all for more than I paid or at least as much as I paid. When I decide to sell this car I'll put it back to stock and probably get at least 50% of my money back. So I wouldn't say its a complete flush down the drain. But yes the super snake does have value in the car market value.

Thanks for your input . I orded my 2014 at MSRP now I have to pick and I THINK I'm going with the 662 hp and I'M going with the WATTS link rear supension and the inter . UNLESS you all have some better input ??? I have to say that my GT 35O was the best 578 hp AND looked HOT .

A used Super Snake sells for approximately $20-$25K more than its stock brother.

And yet you spend $33K-$45K for the SS package.

So how is it that "The package on a Super Snake does not depreciate nearly at all.", yet you yourself cite a fairly substantial depreciation on the package.

Phill

• 4 months later...

My car is in INDIANA ???? Why is my car in INDIANA ???? It should be on a train going west

Rail Transfer station. Mine was in Indiana for a time too.

Phill - Co. Springs, CO

I just got word my GT 500 is in L.V now I need the call that the car got to Shelby . Next step fly out check out the car and add more OPTIONS

• 1 month later...

Nice!!! I hear they have your car on the construction line. Mine got there I think the same day as yours on May 6th. I would guess mine should follow behind yours. Only I would expect an additional 45 to 60 days for the wide body kit. My CSM # will be 14SS0020. Make sure to keep us updated with your construction process so I know what to expect following you. Best of luck with your build!!! :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, I hope your able to post some pictures when you pick it up. Are you planning to drive it back home? If so I would consider this product to apply to the leading edges of the car. If it was me I would mask off the stripes so the product doesn't lift the new stripes when you get home.

Archived