TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tail Light and Side Marker Tint

axo250

I am thinking about changing things up a bit on the car by tinting the side markers and tail lights. I've found a little information regarding same but would like some opinions. I have a 2011 race red with silver stripes. I think the tint may break up the rear end a bit and improve the look.

I do not want to paint them because I want the ability to remove it if I get tired of it or dislike it. If anyone has seen the tint in person, how is the quality and shine? Above all else, I want to maintain a quality look to the car and can do without the appearance change if its not worth it.

Thoughts will be greatly appreciated...

I bought the sprayed ones from cervinis and love them. They're dark, but the lights are still very bright. Wetsanding with 1000 grit would remove it if you so desired.

Do you have pics of the taillights? I was considering these but thought they probably not very tinted.

I went with Cervini's tinted tail lamp exchange program for 2010 -2012 Mustangs.

On the bench:

post-28117-0-14357300-1353909951_thumb.jpg

Installed:

post-28117-0-68794700-1353910036_thumb.jpg

The tint tones down those bright red lamps and I think better matches the the 3rd brake light and rear side marker lamps.

Interesting mod. This is the first I've seen this. For the life of me, I can't decide if I like it or not. All told, how much did it end

up costing you to do it?

I'm with you, Crush. I just can't figure out if I really like it. It may be worth the $50 tint just to see what it looks like in person. The decide on painting them if I so desire. I think the tint would bother me because of the open sides and edges that would remain red.

Btw- cervinis are $550 or $650 but you get a core refund for sending yours to them. It ends up being $100 in the end.

I used the film on the sidemarkers and left the brake light as is since it's close to the tail lights.

Les, can you post a picture of yours? As if I need to spend more money, but I'm really curious about this. The last pic KLG posted

I really like. Just curious what it looks like on a ligher color car.

Nice picture. What are y'all doing for the side markers and 3rd brake light, just tint film?

For me, nothing planned for the 3rd brake light, I agree with jskup1 that it matches the tinted tail lamps well.

For the corner lamps, I planned to replace all four corners with smoked assemblies. I purchased the smoked front corner lamp set from American Muscle, installed these with amber bulbs and it looks decent. For the rear, I purchased a set of smoked rear corner lamps from the HID-Guy. Unfortunately, the quality of these assemblies is poor and the housings will not accept the lamp holder. So for now, nothing with the rear corner lamps, although after seeing jskup1's results, I may give the tint a try if I do not have any success modifying HID-Guy's lamp assemblies.

Here's mine with VHT spray tint. Very easy process but a little time consuming. And easily removable if it needed to be. It is a little dark but at night they light up just like stock. Even during the day the lights are noticeable. In the picture it is only the taillights on the brakes are a lot brighter.

002-6.jpg

I used the film on the sidemarkers and left the brake light as is since it's close to the tail lights.

A little late to the party, but I did this too. Left the brake lights and third brake light alone and just did the vinyl on the sidemarkers. Then again my GT500 is black with stripe delete so it helps it have an even more stealthy look to the thing.

-steve

I appreciate everyone posting up photos. I think the Cervinis look good on a lot of your cars but I'm not sold on it for my red. Additionally I'm not too keen on doing something I can't back out of. I think I'm going to tint my side markers and leave it at that.

jskup1, car looks great. Have you considered painting section between rear lights black?

(Off topic - just got a quote recently to paint side skirts and rear piece like yours - looks great as well. Silver also)

I want to do something between the lights. I got a stripe delete because I didn't like the thin red stripes. I'm debating a few things. I may scrap the whole rear end for a '13 one. I may put the wide black stripes on it. Or I might install a blackout panel between the lights. Or all of the above or none of the above.

I found this company. Big Worm Graphix 817-448-9741 www.bigwormgraphix.com.

Has anybody used this product? It seems like a decent way to tint all the lenses on the car. What about the reverse lights though? It seems they leave these untouched, and therefore they stand out really bad. Any way thoughts on getting them tinted to match the film in the kit??

Has anybody used this product? It seems like a decent way to tint all the lenses on the car. What about the reverse lights though? It seems they leave these untouched, and therefore they stand out really bad. Any way thoughts on getting them tinted to match the film in the kit??

I actually ran across Big Worm when I first started looking at tint. They sell essentially the same kit as American muscle. I was unable to find a complete tail light tinting kit so I'd say you are limited to the reverse light cut outs. A good tinter might be able to do it provided you order the necessary film. My understanding is that the tail light tint products are not the standard window tint film.

• 1 month later...

I ordered the full tint kit minus the taillamps. Very easy to apply. Seems like a high quality product. For the rears I purchased the tinted lights from Cervinis. They look awesome. However still waiting for the credit for my cores that I sent back almost 2 weeks ago. Big worm even has a 30 day return guarantee so if ur not happy you can get refund.

Archived