TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby Bash - Colorado members

NMAv

I'm planning on it. I will be going to Bondurant in Phoenix for the first part of the week and then to Vegas. Will be towing the Ford GT. If the weather is crappy I'll just show up without the car since I'm going to Phoenix either way. I will probably have to be back at work on Monday so if I'm driving I'll have to leave Sunday AM (or maybe even boogie out Saturday and get a couple of hours of driving in). So that means doing the car show on Sunday is unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is anybody going from Colorado that may have extra room in their truck/trailer for 4 wheels/tires that they can bring for me? Riding in the back of a truck would be ok, they can be chained and locked.

Maybe, but I wouldn't know for sure until very close to departure date. It all depends on what I decide on getting my car down to Phoenix and that will depend on the weather.

Possible here as well. The plan is to rent a trailer from u-haul and tow the Shelby there. Depending upon what I do with wheels for racing, I may have one set on the car and one set in the back of the Avalanche (towing vehicle). Not sure I can fit two sets of wheels (but maybe). I'll post an update come closer to the event.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Tony decided not to go. Anyone else in Colorado going that may have room for a set of tires? Oh well, I guess I can just run the rental car on the stockers if I have to. Or maybe just not do the track portion of the event.

I am getting the plans for the show finalized for Sunday. Most of the help I need will just be the first part of the morning to help guide folks to the correct parking area for their cars. I will have parking maps available. We should be able to handle with 5-6 guys, but the more the merrier! I will have two dedicated folks from SA to help us out also. Once parked, that should be all the help I need. My wife could use a bit of extra help inside on the registration table and vote tabulation.

Anyone going?

I just confirmed my decision NOT to go.

The money I will save on the Bash will buy my roll bar, fire proof jacket/gloves/shoes, 5-pt harness, etc.

Texas Mile or Mojave Mile is my next plan.

And hopefully the Shelby Bash next year.

Phill

I'm going to tow the Shelby down to ABQ on the 19th then drive out to LV on the 20th. If anyone wants to head on down I 40 on the 20th, let me know.

It is WAY shorter to go I-25/C-470/I-70/I-15 than it is to go I-25/I-40/98.

By about 200 miles, IIRC. If you take 40, you have to cut up Hwy. 98 at Kingman which drops you out at Boulder City, then up to Pahrump from I-15. And no telling what shape 98 will be in (snow wise).

Phill

Looks like Tony decided not to go. Anyone else in Colorado going that may have room for a set of tires? Oh well, I guess I can just run the rental car on the stockers if I have to. Or maybe just not do the track portion of the event.

I am getting the plans for the show finalized for Sunday. Most of the help I need will just be the first part of the morning to help guide folks to the correct parking area for their cars. I will have parking maps available. We should be able to handle with 5-6 guys, but the more the merrier! I will have two dedicated folks from SA to help us out also. Once parked, that should be all the help I need. My wife could use a bit of extra help inside on the registration table and vote tabulation.

Yep, I had to cancel. I was not able to locate an enclosed trailer and the weather this time of year just scares the p*** out of me with a car in a trailer (open or closed) behind me. I got caught with the Cobra on a trailer coming home in September and had a bona fide panic attack on the way home over Vail pass. It's simply not worth the stress to me. I've officially retired and will not try again next year, it's just not worth the stress of thinking it might work and then pushing two weeks to go and blizzards in my back yard.

It's not that I don't like to drive in the snow - I'm actually driving to Phoenix, then to Vegas and back that week - but will not drive in the car nor pull a trailer. Just too scary. Somehow I don't think a Dodge 1500 RAM 4x4 quad cab pickup would be too much fun on the track.

I'm more PO'd about not being able to drive the GT in the Bondurant school (with Bob as my instructor) than missing the Bash. Alas, I'll have to settle for him in the 'Vette.

The exercise wasn't for naught. I did find a helmet that I will be able to use at Bondurant - a G-Force Pro (open face) that works with my glasses. It's close to working in the GT for head clearance without having to drop the seat padding. I have an Arai on the way that supposedly has more head clearance and if it works I'll keep it.

I will be in Vegas that week, just not at the bash. My wife and I are visiting friends. I am driving since air fares that go from Denver to Phoenix and then Vegas to Denver are ridiculously expensive (each leg more than the round trip from Denver-Vegas) so I'll drive and the wife will fly out and then we'll drive back.

I'll maybe come down to the South Point to play craps on Thursday or Friday evening if anyone wants to hook up.

I'm going to tow the Shelby down to ABQ on the 19th then drive out to LV on the 20th. If anyone wants to head on down I 40 on the 20th, let me know.

Anyone who has lived on the eastern slope trying to get west this time of the year knows what you face. You really need to decide about two days before yo head out. The new weather forecasts are pretty close. There are storms that can close down both routes but most of the time either I70 west to I15S OR I25S to to I40W will be open. From Denver area, either is about the same time.

and I know it is really only for new Shelbys

What???? There are always quite a few older cars at the track. They are more than welcome. There is also a class for the older cars at the car show. There were a couple pretty impressive ones there last year. All Shelby's are more than welcome at the bash. Early cars, Dodges, etc.

Heck, you don't even need a Shelby, or even a car. I used a V6 rental last year and will have a GT rental this year. There are some that come just to be a part of it that fly in and hang with friends and not even have a rental car.

Bummer that you will not be coming.

What???? There are always quite a few older cars at the track. They are more than welcome. There is also a class for the older cars at the car show. There were a couple pretty impressive ones there last year. All Shelby's are more than welcome at the bash. Early cars, Dodges, etc.

Heck, you don't even need a Shelby, or even a car. I used a V6 rental last year and will have a GT rental this year. There are some that come just to be a part of it that fly in and hang with friends and not even have a rental car.

Bummer that you will not be coming.

I didn't know, most I had heard talking about Bash talked about the new Shelbys and competitive driving events, I really don't want to beat up my KR (and all those expensive one of a kind parts) too much. But if they have a show where the old dogs are welcome, I may have to rethink. I had really wanted to get my new GT350 and use it, and now I am due to be in 'Vegas this week for the BB tourneys since both NM teams are in. I will check it out.

I didn't know, most I had heard talking about Bash talked about the new Shelbys and competitive driving events, I really don't want to beat up my KR (and all those expensive one of a kind parts) too much. But if they have a show where the old dogs are welcome, I may have to rethink. I had really wanted to get my new GT350 and use it, and now I am due to be in 'Vegas this week for the BB tourneys since both NM teams are in. I will check it out.

You should go and take your 68'. You can drive your KR around the track for the perade laps. I have a 65' tribute and I drove it out for the 50th Vegas Bash, did the poker run, the car shows, the parade laps and I had a blast. Besides, seeing your 68' KR would be a real treat for everyone else to see. Just my $.02

Archived