TEAM SHELBY FORUM

help "front seat belt retractor is locked

mspera

The front passenger seatbelt retractor is locked and I can't pull it to use it? My husband and I took the car out last and it was fine when I used it, and last night a friend went to pull it to use it and it won't release. Is there any way to reset it or will I have to take it to Ford?

Thanks for any help

Michele

Hopefully it isn't that since my husband bought the car with only 186 miles on it and no one has really sat in the passenger seat to use the seatbelt:-( the seats still had plastic on them. I guess it will be a trip to the Ford dealership.

When I bought my car i noticed the same issue; my passenger side seat belt retractor was locked up bad; luckily I got to point that out to the dealer who replaced it for free.

Now, go figure, I have managed to get the drivers side belt tangled inside the retractor too.

Best of luck either way.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I just wanted to let you know that my husband did take the car to Ford and and the seat belt did need to be replace which ended up being quite expensive! Oh well its fixed and I am being really careful with both front seat belts at this point:-/

Thanks for all of you trying to help, it was much appreciated

Michele

Archived