TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hopeful new owner

jimkas

I have been lurking here for a while, and contemplating taking the plunge, which i did at the beginning of October. I am in the chicago area.

I ordered a Deep Impact Blue coupe, white stripes, recaros, SVT and track pack, no nav or glass roof. It will be joining a 68 fastback in the garage, which is currently in the process of being refreshed.

The dealer, when i placed the order, said it would go into Ford's production system sometime in the 2nd quarter of 13, based on their allocation and ford's schedule. When i spoke with him this week, he said it is in ford's system, but not actually placed and scheduled with a Vin. It will be 14 he says. This seems to jibe with what i have read on the board, but wanted to see if it makes sense.

This is a dealer i have a bit of a relationship with, they have serviced my Diesel Excursion since it was new, which probably means more profit than the sale after 150,000 (and counting) hard miles. I feel they are being honest, the salesman seems like a straight shooter.

I paid MSRP, and felt fairly treated.

Looking for any input, and can't wait to see the car, hopefully just as the weather get's nice here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived