TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Tires for 2013 GT500?

AgentIan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an update for anyone who tries to drive their shelbys in the snow. BAD IDEA!!!. It started snowing at around 2 and wasn't so bad while I was at work but it started to get worse by 3 and I knew my street would be covered with snow even though the main roads would be fine. Well the main roads weren't terrible about 1 inch of snow the shelby with the winter tires was perfectly fine on that even though since it is so cold the snow started to freeze and other cars were actually sliding.

The problem arose when I got in my neighborhood where the snow was around 3 inches and the bottom layer was pretty much ice. Even when I walked on it myself I almost fell multiple times. The car had trouble getting up the hill to my house slightly and turning onto my street and I put a tiny bit of gas caused me to almost do a 180. So I would advise everyone in 2 inches of just snow the car is fine. If there is ANY mixture of ice you are screwed. Though the hill that pretty much every car except an AWD car gets stuck the shelby went right up pretty damn well so these winter tires are pretty good.

Till the snow melts and the salt is gone car is garaged.

Just an update for anyone who tries to drive their shelbys in the snow. BAD IDEA!!!. It started snowing at around 2 and wasn't so bad while I was at work but it started to get worse by 3 and I knew my street would be covered with snow even though the main roads would be fine. Well the main roads weren't terrible about 1 inch of snow the shelby with the winter tires was perfectly fine on that even though since it is so cold the snow started to freeze and other cars were actually sliding.

The problem arose when I got in my neighborhood where the snow was around 3 inches and the bottom layer was pretty much ice. Even when I walked on it myself I almost fell multiple times. The car had trouble getting up the hill to my house slightly and turning onto my street and I put a tiny bit of gas caused me to almost do a 180. So I would advise everyone in 2 inches of just snow the car is fine. If there is ANY mixture of ice you are screwed. Though the hill that pretty much every car except an AWD car gets stuck the shelby went right up pretty damn well so these winter tires are pretty good.

Till the snow melts and the salt is gone car is garaged.

Good idea. I know you would hate to see it wrapped around a pole or have the front end spear a parked vehicle because of the snow. Plus the salt would be just awful. Spring will be here before you know it. :drool:

Need a FAIR priced set of wheels that are exact the same as STOCK: 19x9.5 front adn 20x9.5 rear. CAN BE STOCK by the way!

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

braztang

Look at Drags on the discount tire website. Scroll to bottom and check out D-34 or D-37.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/wheels/drag/home.do?r=NVLINT%7Cpc%7C89052

• 1 year later...

A year and a half has passed, I LOVED THE SOTTOZERO SERIES II, but they don't look so good and they are winter tires! so I need a ALL season tire in the car, as the exchange costs and messes up the rims!

Any ideas on any good (wet-cold) all season tires for my new 2014 GT500?

Appreciate any inputs SOON.

Cheers

LCL

I've got Pirelli all Season P Zero Nero 275/40/19s on all four corners with American Muscle charcoal Boss 302 19x9 wheels. I put them on today. I used them last year until the first snow fall. They are definitely better with the sub 50 temperatures. I don't drive the GT500 in the winter. I have a 2001 Mustang v6 automatic for that!

Pete

Archived