TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is it just me or do people drive stupid around GT500's?

HyperStangs

Im used to having people look over at lights and check the car out in parking lots, but damn I hate it when they're trying so hard to take a gander they forget to watch where they're going.... OMG! Drive first!!!

I know just what your talking about, and how about all the fools that want to race you from every light in cars that have no chance of ever beating you. I just let then go .

I was in a GT-H (in Michigan, where they don't rent them, so no one knows what they are) and the guy in directly front of us on a motorcycle was staring back at the car as we we going down the road.

I always wanted to make that comment!

Travelled to Connecticut a couple of times for GAS this weekend and believe me...Hondas STi, Acura TL, some SUVs, many times they come on your side at 70MPH and starte making stuppid things, getting close so you can race...WHAT'S WITH THAT?

Interesting.

safe ride,

braztang

Ha! Too Funny. Someone posted the exact same topic on the Ford GT forum yesterday. It was the same with the Cobra. It's one of the reasons I'm careful where I go and when. The idiots around are far more dangerous than I. I was driving my Cobra home one afternoon and someone whizzed around me in an ending merge lane (passing me on my right, I had the straight through lane), then abruptly slowed down. Then someone STOOD UP BACKWARDS THROUGH THE SUNROOF and took a picture.

Ha! Too Funny. Someone posted the exact same topic on the Ford GT forum yesterday. It was the same with the Cobra. It's one of the reasons I'm careful where I go and when. The idiots around are far more dangerous than I. I was driving my Cobra home one afternoon and someone whizzed around me in an ending merge lane (passing me on my right, I had the straight through lane), then abruptly slowed down. Then someone STOOD UP BACKWARDS THROUGH THE SUNROOF and took a picture.

I saw someone (the driver) sleeping in the car next to me at the stop light and someone take a picture from the car's sunroof in front of him. Does that count?

I often wonder how some of these people even get their driver's licenses.

It used to be that driving was a PRIVILEGE ! Not a RIGHT.

It seems that today, any idiot can go to DMV and get a driver's license.

I get a lot of small cars zoom by me all the time. I can see them laughing saying 'I passed a MUSTANG!'. I also get some cars and truck who will get right on my bumper and try to make me go faster, especially in high speed trap zones where the cops are hanging out almost every day. Either they figure I have a radar detector or they are trying to use me as bait. Either way I just keep to about 10kph above the speed limit and leave it at that. I've had people cut me off, pass me then slow down once they are in front of me, beep their horn at me from behind, turn their high beams on at me but they sure turn theirs down in a hurry when I turn mine on. Those HID's are bright! I've had cars try to crowd me out on multiple lane highways by hogging the line and trying to get close to me. Lots of terrible drivers here. Not just to me and my Mustang but just in general.

I get the ricers all the time (especially the ones that sound like lawnmowers). They like to wiz by me and then cut in front of me. I then purposely catch up to them, smile, and then leave them. Pretty funny actually. My wife gets a kick out of it when she is with me.

Hilarious, I dont have my Shelby yet but in my Blue Beast The ricers with fart mufflers were always challenging me. I didnt take the bait very often because it only got about 6 mpg but once in a while I liked to show them how out classed they were. Mostly I liked a little better competition or guys that had nicer cars theinking they had a chance. Late model GTO's M-5's etc. Since my beast was stolen I have missed that feeling of 600+HP under foot, but soon, very soon...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I get a lot of small cars zoom by me all the time. I can see them laughing saying 'I passed a MUSTANG!'. I also get some cars and truck who will get right on my bumper and try to make me go faster, especially in high speed trap zones where the cops are hanging out almost every day. Either they figure I have a radar detector or they are trying to use me as bait. Either way I just keep to about 10kph above the speed limit and leave it at that. I've had people cut me off, pass me then slow down once they are in front of me, beep their horn at me from behind, turn their high beams on at me but they sure turn theirs down in a hurry when I turn mine on. Those HID's are bright! I've had cars try to crowd me out on multiple lane highways by hogging the line and trying to get close to me. Lots of terrible drivers here. Not just to me and my Mustang but just in general.

I was headed down the freeway one afternoon in the left lane passing traffic in the right lane and this ricer came up right on my bumper - I sped up to about 70-75 - still right there - so I decided to drop into 2nd gear and jam the throttle to WOT - it was hilaroius - looking in my rear view mirror - big POOF of a black cloud on unburned fuel envelopes the little four banger (from my quad tips of course) - and the little ricer immediately shifted to the right lane and slowed down. Granted this cost me about 8 bucks worth of Shell 93 octane - but it was worth it.

I was headed down the freeway one afternoon in the left lane passing traffic in the right lane and this ricer came up right on my bumper - I sped up to about 70-75 - still right there - so I decided to drop into 2nd gear and jam the throttle to WOT - it was hilaroius - looking in my rear view mirror - big POOF of a black cloud on unburned fuel envelopes the little four banger (from my quad tips of course) - and the little ricer immediately shifted to the right lane and slowed down. Granted this cost me about 8 bucks worth of Shell 93 octane - but it was worth it.

We assume you never exceeded the legal speed limit, just got there before he did :)

Good thing you had nice weather and warmed up tires. That's a good way to do a spin in the middle of the road...

We assume you never exceeded the legal speed limit, just got there before he did :)

Good thing you had nice weather and warmed up tires. That's a good way to do a spin in the middle of the road...

I would never break the law.

Already did the freeway "dance" on cold tires - nice pucker factor when it happens.

Now that was funny. Dumb mf's,

Nice weather today so I took the Shelby out for a ride with my wife, I am stopped at a light talking to the wife when I hear what I thought was a chain saw next to me so I look over and its some fool in a rice burner wanting to race. When the light turned green he had the engine at about 5000 rpm and pops the clutch the tires make a little chirp as he takes off burning oil, my wife said whats wrong with that car and I said everything including the driver. I wonder if these people really think they can beat a Shelby with these silly cars.

Nice weather today so I took the Shelby out for a ride with my wife, I am stopped at a light talking to the wife when I hear what I thought was a chain saw next to me so I look over and its some fool in a rice burner wanting to race. When the light turned green he had the engine at about 5000 rpm and pops the clutch the tires make a little chirp as he takes off burning oil, my wife said whats wrong with that car and I said everything including the driver. I wonder if these people really think they can beat a Shelby with these silly cars.

Don't fool yourself, there are a very small percentage of what you pigeon-hole as "Rice" which can and will beat a shelby. I respect all cars. Although, you normally won't catch me street racing, get off the pedestal the same way that tool needs to get to reality. There are a lot of sleeper cars out there, don't get surprised. But I agree that tool had to have been someone looking for attention.

Don't fool yourself, there are a very small percentage of what you pigeon-hole as "Rice" which can and will beat a shelby. I respect all cars. Although, you normally won't catch me street racing, get off the pedestal the same way that tool needs to get to reality. There are a lot of sleeper cars out there, don't get surprised. But I agree that tool had to have been someone looking for attention.

True. There was a guy here in Vegas who owned a dyno that had a Focus that was pushing 420 fwhp. Looked like mom's grocery getter but open the hood and there's a totally built 4 banger with a turbo almost as big as the engine. But true sleepers don't act like fools. They just take your money.

True. There was a guy here in Vegas who owned a dyno that had a Focus that was pushing 420 fwhp. Looked like mom's grocery getter but open the hood and there's a totally built 4 banger with a turbo almost as big as the engine. But true sleepers don't act like fools. They just take your money.

Yep, exactly why I said ONLY knuckle heads act like that, but I am coming from a Turbo 4 Banger...and I know a SMALL percentage can be very dangerous!

Archived