TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st Inaugural Team Shelby Grand Nationals

GT50040th

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife and I are leaving Wednesday, comng from Iowa City, Iowa. About a 900 mile drive to Carlisle. I have a route mapped out taking I-74, to I-70 and then dropping south out of Columbus, OH to Parkersburg, WV. I then plan on taking US Hwy 50 from there to Winchester, VA. Can anybody tell me if US 50 is a good road? Any road consruction issues on the rest of the route? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dave

Track Folks:

Track insurance is a good idea !

http://locktonmotors...at-the-track-3/

I got the insurance. You never know... (and I signed car door of the Shelby that got mixed up in an accident last year). The cost is reasonable - about $450 for a single event, but the peace of mind... Priceless! (just like your own Shelby). :)

My wife and I are leaving Wednesday, comng from Iowa City, Iowa. About a 900 mile drive to Carlisle. I have a route mapped out taking I-74, to I-70 and then dropping south out of Columbus, OH to Parkersburg, WV. I then plan on taking US Hwy 50 from there to Winchester, VA. Can anybody tell me if US 50 is a good road? Any road consruction issues on the rest of the route? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dave

A group of us met up in Athens, OH last year and took US 50 into Winchester. Nice twisties, scenery, etc... You'll enjoy it.

A group of us met up in Athens, OH last year and took US 50 into Winchester. Nice twisties, scenery, etc... You'll enjoy it.

I'm doing the same route again this year (tomorrow). I pick up US 50 in Chillicothe, then take it through Athens, etc. all the way to Winchester. Supposed to be beautiful weather, should be a great ride. 400 miles total for me from Mason, OH. Looking forward to another great event. Last year was a blast.

Stoy

Great! Thanks for the info. See everyone in a couple days.

Didn't think I would be able attend this weekend so did not register but now it looks like I might be able to. Does anyone know if its still possible to purchase tickets for the Shelby Grand Nationals events for Friday and Saturday?

Didn't think I would be able attend this weekend so did not register but now it looks like I might be able to. Does anyone know if its still possible to purchase tickets for the Shelby Grand Nationals events for Friday and Saturday?

Unfortunately Blair, I think that ship has sailed but send John (GT50040th) a pm maybe you can be worked in.

Car was a filthy mess, but we got her cleaned up pretty well for the show. 900 mile trip back starts Sunday. Car will need a thorough detailing when we get back. All good, we met some great people and we had a great time!

John,

You and your team did an amazing job both at the track and at Carlisle. We had a blast. Awesome job. Thanks for all your hard work.

Shelby American,

What a disappointment,. First Shelby Grand Nationals and you don't even show up (Gary Paterson on Skype, really, that's the best you could do) I guess all of us on the East coast don't spend enough money to justify Shelby American to show up. Shame on you.

The cars are great but without the people with the passion you have nothing.

Back home and safe in Michigan! Car is a mess and will take days to get it clean, but it was well worth the trip!!! Had a great time meeting the TS members from Northeast region. You guys did a tremendous job hosting the inaugural event.

Hope to see many of you at Dearborn 2013. If there's anything I can do to help when you're in town, give me a shout.

talk about a mess, where they had me park after the parade was under a tree that sprinkled sap all over my car (and others)! So I'm now in the middle of a major clean-up that I really didn't need to do! :banghead:

So my suggestion to future participants would be to skip the parade and just walk downtown and mingle.

John,

You and your team did an amazing job both at the track and at Carlisle. We had a blast. Awesome job. Thanks for all your hard work.

Shelby American,

What a disappointment,. First Shelby Grand Nationals and you don't even show up (Gary Paterson on Skype, really, that's the best you could do) I guess all of us on the East coast don't spend enough money to justify Shelby American to show up. Shame on you.

The cars are great but without the people with the passion you have nothing.

I couldn't agree more! John and his team knocked it out of the park at every opportunity!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Shelby American: I can't believe that you see no value in the east-coast people who helped make the Shelby brand what it is... We certainly didn't expect the huge fanfare that surrounded last years 50th celebration, but to not send 1 HQ representative or 1 car made us feel unimportant and dismissed...

As a business owner who started with nothing 24 years ago, I understand the value of working hard, building a brand, and getting the most bang for your buck marketing-wise. BUT... I have also seen the danger in alienating those that have spent hard-earned money with you and are passionate about your products or services in an effort to chase new dollars and sustain the company. That passion, and in Shelby's case, fanatical dedication of current owners, has far more marketing reach then the company currently gives it credit for. It truly is an untapped (and low cost) soft-marketing opportunity.

I learned from those mistakes many many years ago, and am blessed to be running a very successful, flourishing business. Let's hope that for Shelby American, that lesson doesn't come too late...

Anton

Just my two cents in support of Robert and Anton above. John Keller and team did a fantastic job at the weekend, and guys, thanks again for your hard work.

I was certainly surprised and disappointed that there was no Shelby representation either in person or cars. That was a mistake in my view and the members that I talked to felt they had been let down, as did I. Surely for the inaugural Team Shelby event something could have been organized.

I waited for years to be able to afford a Shelby, and even though mine isn't "factory modified", I still support the company and try to buy my parts from SPP. This kinda left a bad taste.

Colin

My congratulations to John Keller, Bill (Z-man, Photographer), Doug and Sandy (Poker Run) the Shelby girls (for all us drooling over their interesting attire and friendly personalities), the Instructors who helped out at Track, (keeping our Shelby's and Mustangs on the track), and all the volunteers who made this a fantastic show.

Even though I was very disappointed S.A did not have a Rep there. Jenny, and the rest of the Team Shelby people made the event fun. :rockon::camera: :happy feet: :camera: :bandance: :camera::drool::camera::hysterical::camera::hysterical2: .

I only shot around 3000 a few photos as Bill (Event Photographer) did a great job of covering the Show. :rockon:

Just my two cents in support of Robert and Anton above. John Keller and team did a fantastic job at the weekend, and guys, thanks again for your hard work.

I was certainly surprised and disappointed that there was no Shelby representation either in person or cars. That was a mistake in my view and the members that I talked to felt they had been let down, as did I. Surely for the inaugural Team Shelby event something could have been organized.

I waited for years to be able to afford a Shelby, and even though mine isn't "factory modified", I still support the company and try to buy my parts from SPP. This kinda left a bad taste.

Colin

I feel the same way. I thought this being the Inaugural event that Shelby would send at least one rep. Gary by Skypejust didn't cut it Heck I drove 900 miles. Overall a well run event and we met lots a great people and had a blast though. I found out today that I placed 3rd in the 2007 SGT class - whoot whoot!

My congratulations to John Keller, Bill (Z-man, Photographer), Doug and Sandy (Poker Run) the Shelby girls (for all us drooling over their interesting attire and friendly personalities), the Instructors who helped out at Track, (keeping our Shelby's and Mustangs on the track), and all the volunteers who made this a fantastic show.

Even though I was very disappointed S.A did not have a Rep there. Jenny, and the rest of the Team Shelby people made the event fun. :rockon::camera: :happy feet: :camera: :bandance: :camera::drool::camera::hysterical::camera::hysterical2: .

I only shot around 3000 a few photos as Bill (Event Photographer) did a great job of covering the Show. :rockon:

Thanks for the kind words Ken (and for showing me that 'floating ISO' trick). As a fellow photographer, you appreciate what goes into making sure you are in the right place at the right time to get the shot.

I uploaded all mine to my PC last night, and I'd be interested in your exact photo count. I took 2865 pictures, and still missed a few that I wanted to get. I'll start working on finding some room to post them on a photo sharing site for all to see.

Z-man (or as my friends from Canada call me....Zed-man)

Thanks for the kind words Ken (and for showing me that 'floating ISO' trick). As a fellow photographer, you appreciate what goes into making sure you are in the right place at the right time to get the shot.

I uploaded all mine to my PC last night, and I'd be interested in your exact photo count. I took 2865 pictures, and still missed a few that I wanted to get. I'll start working on finding some room to post them on a photo sharing site for all to see.

Z-man (or as my friends from Canada call me....Zed-man)

:salute::rockon:

Archived