TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st Inaugural Team Shelby Grand Nationals

GT50040th

I am a Team Shelby Member. Just an enthusiast; no real Shelby.... yet. IF I can make it, you won't mind if I join in too, will you?

They're letting ME attend, and I have a 'lowly' Dodge Shelby Charger, (not even a GLHS), so you're actually a step ABOVE me! :dance:

(Though the 64 1/2 Mustang DOES allow some folks to overlook my Dodge)! :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug_GT350, I would like to meet up and cruise up there with a few Shelby's. I will be leaving straight from my residence to go to Carlisle Friday morning possibly. Maybe we could get a meeting point for VA members near a interstate exit and make the ride.

That's a possibilty for anyone wanting to head straight up to Carlisle, set it up if you wish.... we're heading to Winchester Thursday for the party and then doing the poker run back to Carlisle of Friday.

Is there a package price if you can only do the Carlisle portion of the Grand Nationals? Will all amenities be given if I arrive Thursday night at host hotel in Carlisle, then meet up with everyone for Friday morning.

+1

I have a feeling there are quite a few in this boat.

:lurk:

The Winchester cocktail party and cruise is optional.

Package 3 is based on the Carlise part of the event, the costs of the Winchester cocktail party was picked up by one of our sponsors.

Registration will be open in Carlise, Participants can meet us in Carlise to start their event there.

I'm going to add this note to the registration, I thought it may have brought up some concern

See ya in Carlisle :dance:

So if not tracking my car then doing the Carlisle portion only would be the way to go? I'd like to do the Poker Run from Winchester to Carlisle, that sounds like fun. If doing that should I get a room Thrusday night in Winchester and then the rest of the nights in Carlisle? Sorry, this is my 1st time so want to make sure I understand everything. Thanks

So if not tracking my car then doing the Carlisle portion only would be the way to go? I'd like to do the Poker Run from Winchester to Carlisle, that sounds like fun. If doing that should I get a room Thrusday night in Winchester and then the rest of the nights in Carlisle? Sorry, this is my 1st time so want to make sure I understand everything. Thanks

Yes! You are invited to be a spectator at the track for no charge. It's a fun way to meet more people and spend the day kabitzing. If you're driving across the country and looking to do some sightseeing Winchester is close to several things. As John has mentioned the Party Thursday night will be at the George Washington Hotel so if you do want to get a night in Winchester I suggest you get it there.

If you need anything else don't be afraid to ask.

Yes! You are invited to be a spectator at the track for no charge. It's a fun way to meet more people and spend the day kabitzing. If you're driving across the country and looking to do some sightseeing Winchester is close to several things. As John has mentioned the Party Thursday night will be at the George Washington Hotel so if you do want to get a night in Winchester I suggest you get it there.

If you need anything else don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks - I will be driving the SGT from Iowa, so over 800 miles. If I was trailering it I might take it on the track, but if something would happen...well I need a driver home.

The Winchester cocktail party and cruise is optional.

Package 3 is based on the Carlise part of the event, the costs of the Winchester cocktail party was picked up by one of our sponsors.

Registration will be open in Carlise, Participants can meet us in Carlise to start their event there.

I'm going to add this note to the registration, I thought it may have brought up some concern

See ya in Carlisle :dance:

Thanks John,

How would you say this event (the Carlisle portion), would compare to last years 50th Celebration?

Thanks - I will be driving the SGT from Iowa, so over 800 miles. If I was trailering it I might take it on the track, but if something would happen...well I need a driver home.

I am having a house built in Charles Town ,WV. We are scheduled to move in late Feb. It is about 10 miles from the track. If anyone needs a garage with the basic hand tools to fix anything that may go wrong I can easily empty out two spaces.

All register here and with Carlisle so now it is just a matter of counting down the days.

Looks like I will be coming solo so, if there is anything that you need a hand with, let me know. I plan on coming down on Wednesday and will be at the track on Thursday and then participating in the Poker Run on Friday and all of the events in Carlisle. I should be available for whatever within those timeframes.

Mike

Thanks John,

How would you say this event (the Carlisle portion), would compare to last years 50th Celebration?

While I’m at it, I may as well compare the entire event. Last year’s 50th was a spectacular event that cannot be repeated because of the sequence of event from the unfortunate passing of Mr. Shelby along with 50 years of Shelby American and the largest gather of Shelby’s. Last year’s event can’t be duplicated. But, This year’s TS Grand Nats. is undoubtedly going to kick ass! ”It only happens the first time once.” and if you’re a true Shelby enthusiast you should plan on coming to the Team Shelby Inaugural Grand Nationals 2013.

As far as the track go’s we’re not going to change a thing. Everyone that participated last year had a great time and it was well organized and fun. Although an optional part of this event we are spending more time organizing the poker run and cruise from Winchester to Carlisle. An organized cruise committee is heading up this year’s cruise with a more scenic route, better stops and prizes awarded at the Cars Are The Stars Party. Since we are all excited about driving our Shelby’s we felt this was worth improving on.

Once we get to Carlisle we can all enter at the same time providing you pre-paid Carlisle for their gate-n-go program. Also, this year our hotels are just minutes away from the Carlisle fairgrounds making it much more convenient to go back and forth to the fairgrounds. We can gather at our hotel clean up our cars and get ready for the Grand party.

Although last year’s 50th banquet was great, this year’s TS Grand Nats. “Cars Are The Stars Party” is going to be off the hook. Another committee was put together just to manage the party and car show. More of a party like atmosphere with a grand stage set up outside the Carlisle Expo Center. Great bands and entertainment along with celebrity guests, awesome food and drinks, car show with prizes, all set up around our Shelby’s makes for a great setting to host this not to be missed Grand Team Shelby Party.

Saturday will be much like last year with our own tent, food and entertainment inside Carlisle’s fairgrounds. We have our own section to park in our classes and will be participating in the downtown parade. This is sure to once again be a great day and evening at Carlise.

Hope this helps, for more info. Go to www.teamshelbynortheast.com

My son and I had such a great time last year that we are making this a Father-Son event going forward.

Brandon is turning 13 this year and I was wondering if anyone knows if I need to pay for him as a guest? Just don’t want any misunderstandings.

Gary better bring his A game!

Uh Oh! Them's fightin' words!!!

I can wait to watch the two of you in action....to use one of my son's favorite words, it will be EPIC!

Z-man

SGT1020 will be there.

Just Registered for Package #2- Track Pack + Team Shelby Grand Nationals

Rooms are booked and Carlisle registration is paid and good to go. I'm going to be staying at the Marriott in Winchester as they are making arrangements to have a designated area to wash our cars. (Will definitely need to wash my wheels after a good day of open track)

Looking forward to this!!! :woohoo:

Also, why doesn't Team Shelby put this event at the header of the website? They have the Vegas Bash Tickets Link at the top, so why not have the Grand Nationals link too? Both are Team Shelby events. Just my .02 cents...

*** ALSO: If you're from New Jersey and would like to head out to WV together, let me know and we can make arrangements to meet up. I'll be trailering my car there, but will be driving it to Carlisle and back home. ***

I was there last year and the Friday night event at he expo center was wonderful. I'd like to bring the family this year, but unsure if I can bring my kids (3 and 6) to the Friday night event. Obviously I would not pay an additional 200 per as guests. Any idea?

I was there last year and the Friday night event at he expo center was wonderful. I'd like to bring the family this year, but unsure if I can bring my kids (3 and 6) to the Friday night event. Obviously I would not pay an additional 200 per as guests. Any idea?

Have them carry in a couple "Happy Meals?"

Registered for package #3 and have reservations made at the George Washington in Winchester for Thursday Night and the Best Western in Carlisle for Friday & Saturday. Also registered at the Carlisle Events site. I'm pumped up for this event!!

Archived