TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 1000 Hood

ss502

• 4 weeks later...

I would actually buy this if it was reasonably priced. I see the attraction of the Shelby 1000 hood over the SS hood for non-SS cars since it has the stock look, but still allows for the larger compressors. Anyone who is not a shelby afficionado would mistake it for stock.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll bring it up with the team, and will let you all know.

Jer

Themaking clone appearance packages can devalue the originals. It also leads to disputes at car shows and sales.

I beg to differ. Just look as far as the original AC Cobra vs a reproduction or clone. ANY clone.

The difference in price is night and day.

Phill

I'm not looking for a 1000 hood because I want to make a clone, I have a KB 3.6 and I've put a couple different hoods on the car so far and just don't like the look. The 1000 hood is very OEM looking and I really liked it when I had a chance to see it in person. Like so much of the modifying one's car, it is all personal preference.

As far as cloning devaluing the original, that has not been my experience. I'm more of a GM person (Shelby is my first Ford in 25 years), you won't pay nearly the money for a GTO clone that you will for a true numbered GTO, same for the old SS Camaro etc. Sure the clones are getting more than the regular version, but usually that is because they have been meticulously restored and there has been so much more money dumped into them to add the clone features etc.

Jer -- I'd like to see this one too. I have a SS hood on mine and I love it; but if I had the choose, I probably would have gone with the Shelby 1000 hood. The option was not available - I asked at the time that I did my changes.

Thanks,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I've been swamped. I'll look into it more. Sorry to keep y'all waiting.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup. It will be available soon. We're moving within 30 days, so I can't get any production runs just yet, but I have the go-ahead.

Jer

• 1 month later...

Still setting up our new HQ… all else is on back burner until we're done.

Jer

• 1 month later...

I beg to differ. Just look as far as the original AC Cobra vs a reproduction or clone. ANY clone.

The difference in price is night and day.

Phill

I totally agree with you!!!! We have discussed this on another post and who cares what people do to their cars or what they make them look like.....it is only important to the person who owns the car! A clone or lookalike is what it is and would in no way impact the value of a 100% genuine car!but just keep your eye on places like Barrett Jackson auctions,many clones or lookalike a are starting to realize some serious money in their own right!!!!!

Archived