TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Help

Cobra Boy

I washed and detailed my car after the event in Hermann and I can't seem to get the water spots off my windows now. I have tried many different cleaners.

Does this mean that they are "ectched"?? Is all lost?? :unsure:

Anyone have any suggestions? Looking at this is driving me crazy. :banghead:

CB

I washed and detailed my car after the event in Hermann and I can't seem to get the water spots off my windows now. I have tried many different cleaners.

CB

You could be a guinea pig for the rest of us? Found this, never tried it myself, but worth a shot?

http://www.gokart.net/shop-utopia/spotx/

Also you could go to Walgreens or something and get that CLR - I think that removes hard water deposits, but make sure it doesn't get near your pain or I'm pretty sure it'll clean that right off your fender as well. :ohsnap:

CB

run your fingernail across the area, does it feel scratched? "etched"is something usually done on purpose. any pictures of this abnormality.

It's just hard water spots - a very diluted water/vinegar solution will take it off (spray on, wipe off - clean any off of painted surface before it dries on). Works most times unless it's some type of industrial fallout from a nearby plant.

"Bon Ami" .... it is sold in a can like Ajax and Comet but it is a non-abrasive powder which is safe to use on glass and porcelain. Don't use "Barkeeper's Friend" (it doesn't work as well).

You can get it Wall Mart or any grocery store in the same area as the ajax and comet for about .85 cents ea.

Simply wet the window, use a semi-wet (wrung out) terry cloth rag with a little dawn dishwashing detergent on it and then sprinkle the Bon Ami generously on your glass and rub it in a circular motion... it will remove those water spots and make your glass like new again. You gotta use some elbow grease though, and you have to rinse it well and it takes a little time.

Good Luck.

p.s. I have used it to wash old cars before selling them and it works great to remove paint and smudges, road tar and bug splats, scrapes and scuffs etc. and makes an old car look like new but you have to thoroghly wash all of the product off the glass/paint or it will leave a fine white powder on it. But I wouldn't put it on the GT500's paint!

Try it

Archived