TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great customer service

HARALD KELLEY

Great customer service:

I just want to thank both Steve Thornton and Roger Sorel for assisting me in getting the GT-H/SC side stripes. While I understand control and protecting the customer as well as the brand, when I was told that they were not available I was really discouraged. Steve Thornton stepped right up and said he would assist just provide some time as he would get with Roger Sorel .

Customer service is very important and I strongly beleive that SA goes out of its way to provide great customer service. You both have confirmed this again with your actions.

For that I thank you. I am confident the positive experiences outnumber the negative ones that are received and posted from time to time. Those positive efforts do not go unrecognized by the majority.

While at first I was not going to do this, the side stripes will be proudly installed on my GT-H as I do think only a limited amount of cars can sport such a designation authorized by Shelby American.

Jer, thanks for the washer nozzle instructions. I understand it was too large to post. You have also raised the bar for SPP with your customer service.

Thanks again :salute:

Harald, H0050

Glad you started this thread today. I too wanted to share my recent experience with the staff at SAI. My wife and I visited SAI last week for the first time. We are proud owners of a 40th Anniversary and wanted to see where these beautiful cars are created. The museum tour was simply incredible. Amazed with the amount of knowledge gained about Mr. Shelby and his dream from the 30 minute tour. I would have loved to be able hang out in the shop for a couple of hours. They were creating a couple of Super Snakes, they looked and sounded great!

After the tour, we took the opportunity to pick up a couple of goodies at the gift shop including a back-up set of Shelby trunk letters as my “Y” is starting to get loose after I got to close while buffing it. My wife found a jacket that she really wanted me to have. Unfortunately, they did not have my size only a couple of XXLs. No big deal we’ll find another one. After a couple of days in Vegas and still wanting that jacket, I decided to contact SPP and spoke with Tim. He was very helpful, he located more of the jackets in the warehouse and told me to ask the girls at the gift shop counter to request the guys to bring one from the warehouse. They brought it over in just a couple of minutes and perfect fit. Tim also explained the difference of a couple of interior parts that I was interested in. Glad to see the “true” customer service. It is so good to experience this rather than the old “do you have the part number”.

Thanks again for the great service!

Bob

BTW the photo on the website doesn’t do this jacket justice. The embroidery is unbelievable!

img5655j.jpg

img5654h.jpg

Archived