TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Want a Special Shifter Ball?

Jer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jer, anymore info on these? thank you

We're taking everyone's input to help us implement a plan - Ultimately, I am trying to set up a virtual Custom Shop where everyone can get every feature and color they want.

Jer

Real carbon fiber not hydro.

Good luck on that. I don't know if it would be possible to make a carbon fiber (or fiberglass for that matter) sphere. At least not in one piece. I've done quite a bit of fiberglass fabarication in my day and I just can't see (in my mind) how it could be done.

My somewhat educated guess is, it would have to be hydrocarbon on a resin knob.

Phill

I've seen them. Now granted, I don't know if they were done in one piece, but they didn't look like they had any seams.

I'd love to know how it was done...IF it was true carbon fiber and not hydrocarbon.

A two-piece mold is the only way I can think of and then you'd see a 'seam' (where the mold break is). And I assume it would have to be hollow....

Phill

Hey SVT13,

I had a company make it for me and was not that expensive to do. I wanted the shifter to match my car stripe package and the saying for 6th gear. However I wanted the shift pattern and snakes on the side to be of a different color than the red. Ill send you a personal message of the details. Or you can email me direct at gmccash@insight.rr.com.

I would like to replace my stock shift handle with a ball, but don't know what is required. SAI installed a short throw during the 40th conversion, but still has the stock shifter. I would be happy with just adding the ball if possible.

Your input would be appreciated

I'd like a 5 sp GT-H, black with gold stripes shifter ball please.

Thanks

QSS

Correction!!!!!! I'll take 2.

QSS

So Jer is there enough demand for this? ETA on when it could possibly happen?

thanks

Dammit Jer, I wanna know where my balls are??? :lol:

Only kiddin bro. I know your on it. Thanks for your effort.

QSS

I would like to replace my stock shift handle with a ball, but don't know what is required. SAI installed a short throw during the 40th conversion, but still has the stock shifter. I would be happy with just adding the ball if possible.

Your input would be appreciated

Anyone know what is required?

Archived