TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Lancer # 527

04mach

SL # 527 is now officailly back on the road. It took two years (no time to work on it) and SL #543 donating its life to put 527 on the road. The car came with almost three sets of interiors so there were at least two other automatics that are part of it now.

I did not do the paint yet. I perform to make them reliable first. All though at one point it would have been perfect for paint as all that was sitting there was the shell.

The only parts that have not been removed inspected or replaced are the fuel lines and brake lines. I still need to replace the pieces that hold the headlight buckets, find the cause of a miss between 2k and 2.5k rpms, and why the intermittent part of the wipers don't work. Thinking the switch is bad as the motor and module have been replaced.

I do have the DEX-77 but it is in a box in the basement along with a mint set of floor mats. Actually have two sets of amps and wiring harness but just one head unit.

I do not have any of the manuals. Is there anywhere that reproduces them (stop laughing) or does anyone know of any for sale?

Everything I read about these cars says 10 speaker system. Were they counting 2-way speakers as 2 seperate speakers? I have only seen 6 physical speakers in all of the SLs I have seen.

Sry, no pics of it washed yet. All I have is with several years of dirt built up on it.

• 1 month later...

How about some pictures? Congrats on getting her back on the road, I love hearing about these cars being saved. From your post I'm guessing #527 is an auto/leather car? As far as the speakers, yes, I believe they counted two-ways as separate speakers to come up with the "ten".

Archived