TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H 2007 Decal / Stripes Replacement Questions

mobleyr

All,

I am looking for answers on the following topics concerning replacing the gold stripes / decals on my 2007 GT-H.

The stripes / decals will be a total replacement of the hood, trunk, front & rear bumpers and sides of the car.

1. If I use replacement decals from Shelby does this make the car lose any valve? The present decals are faded from the Florida sun where she was a rental. I want to bring her back to a new look and before I do this want to ensure I am not stepping on her valve.

2. Can anyone recommend a body shop in NW Florida that can properly accomplish the job of replacing the decals / stripes for my 2007 GT-H? Or close to NW Florida that would be a great body shop to conduct the needed work?

3. If it comes down to going beyond NW Florida I am open to all recommendations for a quantity shop?

Thanks in advance!

Rick

For what its worth, some folks have replaced the stripes with Shelby stripes while others have painted their stripes. As for value, I am not sure if these will come up in value and if they do, it will not be for many years. The SGT folks have also done both.

I am getting ready to paint my over the top stripes as they are in poor condition, they just don't last. The side stripes will stay tape. I did think about just leaving the car as I bought it and keep it as a survivor, but I changed my mind. I am living for today.

Good luck and enjoy.

While I do not have a GT-H, when my SGT stripes need replacement, I am going to bite the bullet and have my stripes painted on. At the last Bash, there were a number of new GT350's and one of them had painted on stripes. It was very nice. I cannot imagine your car would lose any value if you painted on your stripes. If anything, it would enhance the value as nobody expects tape to last like paint. The original GT-H's had painted stripes. I would think your car would be, number one, stunning with painted stripes and, number two, all the more unique because of them. MHO.

Jim

While I do not have a GT-H, when my SGT stripes need replacement, I am going to bite the bullet and have my stripes painted on. At the last Bash, there were a number of new GT350's and one of them had painted on stripes. It was very nice. I cannot imagine your car would lose any value if you painted on your stripes. If anything, it would enhance the value as nobody expects tape to last like paint. The original GT-H's had painted stripes. I would think your car would be, number one, stunning with painted stripes and, number two, all the more unique because of them. MHO.

Jim

+1 ... I agree

As long as you get as close as possible to the original tape stripe color, then painting them on should not affect the value much in the mid-term. If you plan on driving the car you can count on damage to the tape stripes, and that would deduct from the value if sold. I painted the stripes on my SGT and after 70,000 miles they still look perfect. good luck and enjoying the car is priority one. regards, Larry Miller, Team Shelby Registrar GTH,

Archived