TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Under Hood picture

HARALD KELLEY

Here is a so so photo. Its dark here now this time of eve for taking photos and late for photo taking, but I wanted to get something up for you. I probably have better shots of the underneath as well, but found this one while looking thru the many photos.

The underneather is two tone, at least on this yellow and black hood. Other Trlingua colors have black hoods, all but the black car has a black hood and may have solid colors underneath as I recall. But anyway, the black cars with yellow hoods get two tone, the center being black gloss and outside edges yellow.

If you need a better photo I will take one in the next day or two. Gone from before daylight until after dark again tomorrow but can get a better photo Tuesday for you.

David

post-20899-0-47674900-1352085125_thumb.jpg

post-20899-0-47674900-1352085125_thumb.jpg

Thanks David. Not sure why, but sense the site upgrade I cannot get the thumbnails to enlarge when I click on them. The area of your hood that is black is what I am thinking of painting a flat slight textured black to resemble the hood blanket on the GT-H vs all bloss black.

If you have a picture of a black hood, that would be great.

Thanks again.

Thanks David. Not sure why, but sense the site upgrade I cannot get the thumbnails to enlarge when I click on them. The area of your hood that is black is what I am thinking of painting a flat slight textured black to resemble the hood blanket on the GT-H vs all bloss black.

If you have a picture of a black hood, that would be great.

Thanks again.

Harald,

That's how the SS cars and I believe the GTS & GT350's are done. I'll try to post some pics of them.

Steve

Hey Harold,

Here is a Windveil blue Terlingua with the hood up. Again, not the best picture of the hood ever taken but I found this one right now. It shows that the other Terlingua colors, the non-black cars, all but one, which have the black hood are one solid color underneath best I recall. This is one of two Windveil blue Terlinguas, it a really nice looking car!

If you would like a good picture of my yellow hood with two tone underneath paint scheme I can take one. Anyway, the black hood pic is attached. Let me know how else I can help.

David

post-20899-0-12596400-1352173262_thumb.jpg

post-20899-0-12596400-1352173262_thumb.jpg

What color/brand and texture if any is being used?

Still cannot open the thumbnails since the upgrade.

Harold,

I am not sure regarding the exact texture and best I recall I have seen varying colors and textures from a flat black to a gloss black. Best I remember. I am sorry i cannot be more specific but some black Terlingua hoods are gloss and some flat black top and bottom if memory serves varying with the car, its overall color, where built, etc.

Seems to be an issue in the site for the moment ref opening pictures, guessing it will clear soon.

My yellow hood underneath is same yellow as above and a glaossy black two tone as seen in the small pic.

David

Thanks everyone. Steve T is correct, right click, then I hit open link and I can open the pictures. I am leaning toward how the yellow hood is done. think the windveil blue is the same: Gloss black outer edges with the center of hood being flat black.

Here is a so so photo. Its dark here now this time of eve for taking photos and late for photo taking, but I wanted to get something up for you. I probably have better shots of the underneath as well, but found this one while looking thru the many photos.

The underneather is two tone, at least on this yellow and black hood. Other Trlingua colors have black hoods, all but the black car has a black hood and may have solid colors underneath as I recall. But anyway, the black cars with yellow hoods get two tone, the center being black gloss and outside edges yellow.

If you need a better photo I will take one in the next day or two. Gone from before daylight until after dark again tomorrow but can get a better photo Tuesday for you.

David

Hello David

Will be having the hood painted the same as your. The flat black slightly textured section will be what you have black on your hood. This will also hide the glass strands. The rest will be gloss black. Thanks for posting. Went to the body shop today.

Hello David

Will be having the hood painted the same as your. The flat black slightly textured section will be what you have black on your hood. This will also hide the glass strands in the raw hood. The rest will be gloss black. Thanks for posting. Went to the body shop today.

Hello David

Will be having the hood painted the same as your. The flat black slightly textured section will be what you have black on your hood. This will also hide the glass strands. The rest will be gloss black. Thanks for posting. Went to the body shop today.

Harold,

Glad to hear it! Hop you can post a pick when done, I would like to see it. I have always been happy witht he look and feel, makes it seem thought out and finished well.

David

That looks good DeWayne.

You guys with the black hoods have a great option there. I am going to have the rough areas smoothed out and everything painted Performance white and carry the stripes underneath to match the top. Well that's the plan anyways, we'll see...lol

Dan

Harald

Here are some pics of 07TRT0011. It is a gloss black hood Terlingua

8182228726_aabab29c22_b.jpg

8182231078_36ddefb04b_b.jpg

8182226178_05c080afb2_b.jpg

8182186691_bebedfb8e7_b.jpg

Thanks for posting. That is what I am doing. My flat black may be a little darker but same look. Thanks for posting. I guess they epoxy the vent screen in?

Archived