TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Shelby GT500 Order Guide

Grabber

Here's some more info on the 2014:

3 changes for 2014 Shelby GT500. Performance White becomes Oxford White. Red Candy becomes Ruby Red. And Matte Black stripes replaced with gloss Black stripes.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/08/13/2014-mustang-to-get-new-colors-options/

Thanks for posting Rob. Appears consistent with expectations, 2 color changes (which aren't very different) and glossy stripes rather than flat. One question, does anyone know why the Performance pkg and the track pack appear in the major changes section? They don't seemed to have changed.

I believe the 650/600 numbers were the estimates that were being used prior to the SAE certification of the '13. The certified numbers are the same as the stated

'14 numbers at 662/631.

Now it is official.

Star = New for this model year

It was official the day the SAE numbers were released.

I'm aware of what the star means. I'm also aware this was probably put together by someone who just looked at the older one with the estimated numbers, and since they were different, assumed it was different for 2014.

It was official the day the SAE numbers were released.

I'm aware of what the star means. I'm also aware this was probably put together by someone who just looked at the older one with the estimated numbers, and since they were different, assumed it was different for 2014.

I never assumed 2014 was different, I was pointing out there was a difference in the horsepower and torque specs between the 2013 & 2014 Order Guides.

I was able to find this in the 2013 GT500 Owners Supplement V1 & V2.

Horsepower on 93 octane fuel = 662 horsepower @ 6500 rpm

Torque on 93 octane fuel = 631 lb-ft torque @ 4000 rpm

But it doesn't show up in any of the 2013 Mustang brochures I have seen. The 2013 chart shown above came directly from the 2013 GT500 Order Guide

I never assumed 2014 was different, I was pointing out there was a difference in the horsepower and torque specs between the 2013 & 2014 Order Guides.

And I was pointing out the order guide is inaccurate on that point. I realize the chart you put up came from the '13 order guide. They most likely printed all of that stuff before the car was certified, and didn't revise it after that. They did however put it in a press release here... http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=36426

I'd consider that official.

Nope. Haven't bothered to look. Nor do I care enough to spend the time doing so. I'll take your word that no such thing exists. However, if the the only proof of officiality you will accept is an order guide or brochure, and a press release distributed directly by Ford Motor Company isn't official enough for you, then I see no point in continuing to discuss it.

The "initial" order guide for the 2013 showed 650HP too so I wouldn't count on that being the final number for '14. It could be, but I wouldn't count on it.

If it is de-tuned, I wonder why. It cold be very likely, WARRANTY costs. I've seen other vehicles that got de-tuned due to high warranty repair/costs.

Phill

Thanks for posting, I haven't seen that one.

Is that a brochure, poster or ad?

It's what they commonly call a "Hero" card. You can usually find them on the dealer's brochure stand. You might have to check a few dealers out before you find one. They can also be found on E-Bay for under 10 bucks as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2013-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-SVT-20TH-DEALER-HERO-CARDS-9-x-11-2-FOR-1-/121002920951?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item1c2c560bf7&vxp=mtr

Archived