TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 Shifter Ball - Brass adapter - can you buy this anywhere?

crowley

As posted in the GT500 shift ball thread, I got my shifter ball and shift boot adapter yesterday. I went to check out the 3 adapters and nuts that came with the shifter ball and 2 are too large (adapter and nuts) and the 1 brass adapter only threads about 1 turn onto the stick, 1 nut will tread about a 1/2 a turn on ... I was wondering if these can be picked up at a local home depot or somewhere as I perhaps they are defective or not the correct size (says it should be 10mm x 1.25in ) ...

Took another look this am and I think they have given me parts that don't have the correct thread pattern in them..

Thoughts?

Crowley

Thanks for the suggestion. The boot retainer (spacer) that I got works and has the correct threads. It is the adapter that screws into the shifter ball and then screws onto the shifter handle that doesn't work. I'm convinced they have the wrong thread on there. I'll give Shelby a call today and hopefully they can send the parts I need ASAP.

thanks,

Crowley

Crowley,

I'm having a new set of adaptors sent your way and you should have them in a few days. They will ship Fed-Ex ground. Please let me know if you have any issues with this set.

If anyone else has any issues with their adaptors please send me an email at JonathanE@ShelbyAmerican.com and I will get you taken care of.

Thanks for the suggestion. The boot retainer (spacer) that I got works and has the correct threads. It is the adapter that screws into the shifter ball and then screws onto the shifter handle that doesn't work. I'm convinced they have the wrong thread on there. I'll give Shelby a call today and hopefully they can send the parts I need ASAP.

thanks,

Crowley

Crowley, I had the same exact problem you have described, I ran a 10mm tap through the brass sleeve and the jam nut, they threaded on after that, they tightened up just fine, but I used loc-tite rather than brute torque to insure a solid install. hope this helps.......Ben

Crowley,

I'm having a new set of adaptors sent your way and you should have them in a few days. They will ship Fed-Ex ground. Please let me know if you have any issues with this set.

If anyone else has any issues with their adaptors please send me an email at JonathanE@ShelbyAmerican.com and I will get you taken care of.

Thanks Johnathan!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived