TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What modificarion is the best bang for the buck?

Personally, I don't think you can beat rear end gears - I recommend 4.10s in a stick car. Seat of the pants feel will put a big grin on your face.....guaranteed. Some people will tell you it will hurt your gas mileage but I actually got better mileage when I put 4.10s in my '01 GT, and any mileage loss is probably more due to the fun factor (right foot) than the gears.

Really considering the 4:10 gears a little leary of what they will be like on the highway at speeds of 70mph? Rpm level, noise level etc.

Was also considering 3:73 gears but just to close to the 3:55's currently in the car. Have seen 3:90's but not Ford Racing so not really interested.

Convince me on the 4:10's!

Thanks for the input!!!!

Really considering the 4:10 gears a little leary of what they will be like on the highway at speeds of 70mph? Rpm level, noise level etc.

Was also considering 3:73 gears but just to close to the 3:55's currently in the car. Have seen 3:90's but not Ford Racing so not really interested.

Convince me on the 4:10's!

Thanks for the input!!!!

You will not notice the change on the highway after the first 20 minutes or so.....you get used to it right away. And keep in mind that no modifications come without some payback, however minor. Otherwise they would most likely have been put on the car originally. Just do some online research and you'll come away convinced. It's a discussion that's been going on for years.

If you're not going for the supercharger then I'm another huge proponent of the 4:10's. It really transforms you're car. I put mine in when I had 2500 miles on the car and now have 42000. Highway driving everyday and love the pull at 70. Can't see that you would regret it.

Archived