TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Shift Knob

mikejaeggi

I have installed colored shift knobt on mine. The original has an aluminum spacer that is pressed fit in knob. I found it was not worth the effort or looks to install it on new shift knob. That being said, I'm thinking about ordering a replacement part (spacer) rather than removing original from white shift knob and then see if I like it or not. I will post a pic of before/after installation when I can. I like it and gets noticed by my fellow shelby owners.

that looks awesome, did you buy the Shift Boot Retainer?

"When using this shift knob on a 2010-2013 Shelby GT500 you will need the 2010+ GT500 Shift Boot Retainer available here."

No, That is the stock shift retainer I removed from the stock knob. Shelby didn't have the retainers for sale when I bought mine

No, That is the stock shift retainer I removed from the stock knob. Shelby didn't have the retainers for sale when I bought mine

Where did you get that? Is that the Super Snake one? I'd love to have one of these from the OP's link made in blue with THOSE black stripes instead of the Super Snake Black stripes.

Here is mine - From Speed Dawg - with the add on boot retainer. About a 10 minute install - you >will< need a strap wrench as the stockers on with loctite and you will want to use the strap wrench to tighten the new one as well. The stock AL boot retainer comes off with the stock knob. Talk to Chris at Speed Dawg - great company to work with.

photo-2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Too bad there is no Red Candy either....

txcobra,

Speed Dawg is in the process of making a Red Candy Metallic shift knob. Speed Dawg told me it should be ready to be shipped in 3-4 weeks (that was about 1.5 weeks ago when I ordered mine). I ordered Red Candy Metallic with black stripes and black cobras. I can't wait to see it.

I think that the shift knob really sets the tone for the interior, like in Iceman5000's ride. The bright color really pops!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you guys let me know the adaptor and retainer I need from speeddawg for my 2013? The toll free number doesn't work in Canada.

Tks

Just email Chris that you have a '13 with your color choice and either the AL or black anodize boot retainer and he will ship you everything you need. He will send you a small adapter that will thread into the pre-threaded hole in the knob.

Just email Chris that you have a '13 with your color choice and either the AL or black anodize boot retainer and he will ship you everything you need. He will send you a small adapter that will thread into the pre-threaded hole in the knob.

Here is the response I got back

You will need a 10mm x 1.25 adapter and a Boot Retainer for a Narrow

Boot Opening that also has a 10mm x 1.25 thread size.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how these compare to the ones at shelbystore.com? Those guys appear to always be out of the aluminum retainer (both black & normal).

It seems everytime I try to order anything from them, they're out of stock. They haven't had the black w/ red stripe ball for a couple of months now. Good luck.

It seems everytime I try to order anything from them, they're out of stock. They haven't had the black w/ red stripe ball for a couple of months now. Good luck.

Apparently Shelby Store finally got some in...the site let me place the order. I got blue with white stripes & the clear anodized retainer. Of course the same site still says my order is processing after 3 days. They must still be mining the Bauxite.

Apparently Shelby Store finally got some in...the site let me place the order. I got blue with white stripes & the clear anodized retainer. Of course the same site still says my order is processing after 3 days. They must still be mining the Bauxite.

Nope, still out. Which amazes me considering black is the most produced Shelby color. Although I can't confirm most popular stripe color.

Here is mine - From Speed Dawg - with the add on boot retainer. About a 10 minute install - you >will< need a strap wrench as the stockers on with loctite and you will want to use the strap wrench to tighten the new one as well. The stock AL boot retainer comes off with the stock knob. Talk to Chris at Speed Dawg - great company to work with.

photo-2.jpg

Just got off the phone with Chris - incredibly informative and helpful - i had ordered mine wrong and he was able to correct the order before they made me a DIB shift ball with white stripes -UNTHREADED. It was my mistake. Won't be in for 2 weeks. Long live customer service!

Still cant get my OEM knob off!

Thanks Twitch, just gotta get the chance to get one.

Ive got a white w blue stripe ball and a black w silver stripe ball...will interchange depending on mood!

(I should probably go to the doctor and get that checked.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived