TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Laguna Seca Open Track

Kevin Patten

Nothing better than filling yourself with turkey and stuffing and then going out the next day and playing on the "corkscrew" to work it all off ( hopefully Manny won't stuff himself too much and well you know what ) at the track. Weather will be EXCELLENT - have a GOOD TURKEY DAY ALL - see you at the track ! :shoppingcart_:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing better than filling yourself with turkey and stuffing and then going out the next day and playing on the "corkscrew" to work it all off ( hopefully Manny won't stuff himself too much and well you know what ) at the track. Weather will be EXCELLENT - have a GOOD TURKEY DAY ALL - see you at the track ! :shoppingcart_:

I say we let Manny go out first, so we can ALL pass him... :hysterical2:

Sunny and mid 60's tomorrow! :yahoo:

It was fantastic - First timers Surfergeek and redneckgt did great ! Only thing was Cali_KR's wife was a "no - show" with the mini skirt and pom-poms . :cheerleader: But Cali_KR and his son represented the family well in 2 of the cars they brought down from the fleet.

Awesome day today. Good to meet all you guys. I look forward to hanging out here and seeing you all again at get togethers and track days.

So much fun was had today! (except for the one time up the hill when I sound checked at 94.1db (wtf?) With Borla Touring! (Swapped mufflers and selling the S-Types)

Got to ride with Andy during the last session of the day, Andy can hustle the Boss around the course pretty good.

It was fantastic - First timers Surfergeek and redneckgt did great ! Only thing was Cali_KR's wife was a "no - show" with the mini skirt and pom-poms . :cheerleader: But Cali_KR and his son represented the family well in 2 of the cars they brought down from the fleet.

What an awesome, day, sunny low 70's and surrounded by friends at one of the best tracks in the world...doesn't get any better..for only his second day ever on the track, my son Taylor was motoring along very, very nicely. in fact took me some time to reel him in, and then pass him...although my wife made a special guest appearance at the end of the day, it was sans mini-skirt and pom-poms

Awesome day today. Good to meet all you guys. I look forward to hanging out here and seeing you all again at get togethers and track days.

So much fun was had today! (except for the one time up the hill when I sound checked at 94.1db (wtf?) With Borla Touring! (Swapped mufflers and selling the S-Types)

Got to ride with Andy during the last session of the day, Andy can hustle the Boss around the course pretty good.

Great meeting you Jared, look forward to seeing you at more events as well. Andy gave me a ride around Sears Point in his Boss, and yea, hes not afraid to toss the Boss around

I got black flagged once as well, 94.9db, I made sure to keep it under 4,000rpm in 3rd going up the hill, as that was my magic number

Good times

Yes, I rode with Andy twice yesterday and he can handle that Boss. I am sure my old 70 Boss 302 would have handled the same way!!(oh sure!). Going down the corkscrew reminded me of taking my boat in the ocean and dropping into a 6 ft. trough!! Glad I had that racing harness on me or I think I would have been on the roof!!hahaha. I loved every minute of it and made me decide to take my 500 out there next year in Yellow group. Of course that will give Cali KR just one more car to pass!!haha. Great day and the weather couldnt have been any better.

What an awesome, day, sunny low 70's and surrounded by friends at one of the best tracks in the world...doesn't get any better..for only his second day ever on the track, my son Taylor was motoring along very, very nicely. in fact took me some time to reel him in, and then pass him...although my wife made a special guest appearance at the end of the day, it was sans mini-skirt and pom-poms

Great meeting you Jared, look forward to seeing you at more events as well. Andy gave me a ride around Sears Point in his Boss, and yea, hes not afraid to toss the Boss around

I got black flagged once as well, 94.9db, I made sure to keep it under 4,000rpm in 3rd going up the hill, as that was my magic number

Good times

I have a ? If it is a race track, then why have a db rule?

I have a ? If it is a race track, then why have a db rule?

...due all of those people that bought multi-million dolars homes near the track don't like all of that noise...although the track has been there for 50+ years, way before these snobs bought their homes..

Good times

I had an exhaust shop change the mufflers on Wednesday before the event to Borla Touring instead of S-Type to take care of it. I thought they were a lot louder than they should be and as I went out to check things out today, I saw melted plastic from the bumper on the passenger side muffler :(

Turns out they didn't tighten the clamp all the way, it came loose and the muffler was moving around ... That would explain why it was much louder than I thought and the black flag in the 3rd session after the first 2 sessions not having a problem.

Got it tightened back up ...

And the S-Types will hit the classifieds.

Jared

...due all of those people that bought multi-million dolars homes near the track don't like all of that noise...although the track has been there for 50+ years, way before these snobs bought their homes..

I here you, some people defy logic! Hope you all are having fun. I am hoping I will someday!

Thanks for the comments guys! What a day to be at the track. Not crowded, great folks, got to scare the crap out of Brad a couple of times!

Here's a vid of the final session where I was in the larger group of RED+GREEN. It's long...

Thanks Fat Boss for the seat time in you B302! What a thrill to drive someone else's car and have them coach you to go faster.

Turn 6 was a thrill!

The Limer issue was a mass air sensor - $200 and a trip to the Ford dealer fixed it.

Thanks for posting the videos Andy! Cool to see everyone in action. Is that Turn 6 video from our last session of the day? I remember that :rockon: moment ha ha

No that was Michael showing me how not to take that corner! I was only imitating when we went around there..

Ha -ha -ha - cool videos Andy - just one question . Why is the video of me only 7 sec on the front straight and Taylor in the Boss is 9 sec , while old man Dankel in his KR is 10 sec long ? Is he a camera hog/diva or just slower than Taylor ? :hysterical3::hysterical2::hysterical: Maybe I'll throw in some 4 pt harnesses and join you and MM in green next time and play with you 2 in the braking zones :shades: Ask Manny to show you his Spiderman position he was doing when we were doing 130+ coming into turn 2. Poor guy disappeared for a little while after going for a spin but I think he got used to the corkscrew after a couple of times around.

Ha -ha -ha - cool videos Andy - just one question . Why is the video of me only 7 sec on the front straight and Taylor in the Boss is 9 sec , while old man Dankel in his KR is 10 sec long ? Is he a camera hog/diva or just slower than Taylor ? :hysterical3::hysterical2::hysterical: Maybe I'll throw in some 4 pt harnesses and join you and MM in green next time and play with you 2 in the braking zones :shades: Ask Manny to show you his Spiderman position he was doing when we were doing 130+ coming into turn 2. Poor guy disappeared for a little while after going for a spin but I think he got used to the corkscrew after a couple of times around.

Must be that intoxicating F-18 sound of the KR...regarding Taylor, you know those Boss drivers stick together...

Yes, I agree 4 pt harness is needed for next season

Manny, (Spiderman move, good one!) he gave a few audibles with me going thru the corkscrew too....and had his seat back dropped back some, maybe he didn't want to see what was coming.... :hysterical:

That slide felt a lot longer live!

Good thing I had them remove the barrels before we got there :hysterical2: I'm sure it looked a lot uglier live ( Sure Andy was hoping for a 2011 GT350 ) :hysterical: Hey-Hey-Hey - remember " what happens on the track -stays at the track " WHO RELEASED THIS VIDEO ? Will we be required to address redneckgt as " BLUE THUNDER " for now on ?

Andy, I wanted to say thanks for the videos (BLUE THUNDER) Nice :hysterical2:. It was nice to meet Manny from Vegas and Jared as I look forward to more track days with these guys.

As always it is great to see the rest of the gang, and Cali KR it was awsome to meet your famly also.

Andy I think Marty really mssed out as the day was just perfect.

Thanks again too all that helped me get here, as now I'm HOOKED :peelout: Can"t wait for the next event. See you all soon.

Sincerely

BLUE THUNDER

Ha -ha -ha - cool videos Andy - just one question . Why is the video of me only 7 sec on the front straight and Taylor in the Boss is 9 sec , while old man Dankel in his KR is 10 sec long ?

I think the photographer got bored with your car! :ohsnap:

That slide felt a lot longer live!

I think it's because in the moment time slows to a crawl for you to fully enjoy it! :bike:

Andy, I wanted to say thanks for the videos (BLUE THUNDER) Nice :hysterical2:. It was nice to meet Manny from Vegas and Jared as I look forward to more track days with these guys.

As always it is great to see the rest of the gang, and Cali KR it was awsome to meet your famly also.

Andy I think Marty really mssed out as the day was just perfect.

Thanks again too all that helped me get here, as now I'm HOOKED :peelout: Can"t wait for the next event. See you all soon.

Sincerely

BLUE THUNDER

Your welcome my friend. It was great to see you and BLUE THUNDER out there! Marty missed out indeed.

roy-scheider-blue-thunder.jpg

EDIT: That was SUPER FAST ...

Dito got back to me ... 1 Day CD is all your pics from the day....

I was just going to post the link up to the pics, beat me to it.

I emailed the photographer, but can someone remind me, if you order the 1 Day CD, do you get ALL of your pictures on CD from the event?

Or is it something different?

Thanks!

Jared

Archived