TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Laguna Seca Open Track

Kevin Patten

My understanding was they were taking readings 50 ft off the track at Laguna, so we did some full throttle drive by's about 30 ft off the road, came in at 87-88 db

Will probably check-again before the date. Suggestions on methodology?

I think you will be fine.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you will be fine.

Hey Mike, anyway of getting my car checked out on the DB rating without taking in on the track. I probably wont take it on the track this time but was thinking about next year. Mine is stock but I did put the Borla Multicore axle back mufflers on it so I should be fine? Also hoping to attend and mayge get a ride with someone. What do you think?

Brad you're welcome to sit shotgun in the 302. It's a little cramped with the diagonal on the roll bar and the fire extinguisher mounted in front of the seat, but we'll shoe horn you in there. Plus the GT500 guys will want me to add weight to keep things fair. :hide:

Not sure what to say about the db but maybe we can download the iPhone app and test your car.

I'm planning on putting new pads on this Sat if you want to come by. Surfergeek you're welcome to come by and hang out it you want. Anyone else for that matter! :party:

Brad you're welcome to sit shotgun in the 302. It's a little cramped with the diagonal on the roll bar and the fire extinguisher mounted in front of the seat, but we'll shoe horn you in there. Plus the GT500 guys will want me to add weight to keep things fair. :hide:

Not sure what to say about the db but maybe we can download the iPhone app and test your car.

I'm planning on putting new pads on this Sat if you want to come by. Surfergeek you're welcome to come by and hang out it you want. Anyone else for that matter! :party:

Sounds like a plan. Would love to at least swing by and meet you. Maybe I'll even have my own parts to put in, may have an MGW that needs to go in by then.

Have a wedding to attend in Gilroy, Saturday afternoon, but that's not until 4:00. So I am game if you are, PM me your address and what time I should be around and I'll try to swing by, It's Jared by the way.

Sounds like a plan. Would love to at least swing by and meet you. Maybe I'll even have my own parts to put in, may have an MGW that needs to go in by then.

Have a wedding to attend in Gilroy, Saturday afternoon, but that's not until 4:00. So I am game if you are, PM me your address and what time I should be around and I'll try to swing by, It's Jared by the way.

PM SENT.

I'll be wearing mine :yahoo: AND I FINALLY SIGNED UP!!!!! Looking forward to it :peelout:

Awesome! If you want to do anything to the Grabber Blue machine in advance stop by on Sat.

Hey Mike, anyway of getting my car checked out on the DB rating without taking in on the track. I probably wont take it on the track this time but was thinking about next year. Mine is stock but I did put the Borla Multicore axle back mufflers on it so I should be fine? Also hoping to attend and mayge get a ride with someone. What do you think?

Brad, you will make sound no problem. Look forward to seeing you, we will make sure someone gives you a ride.

So I guess you are saying that I can ride with you? As for the weight thing I think a 500 with 500+ hp wouldnt have a problem but only 444 now I dont know. Actually I have lost 30lbs recently so may not be so bad,hahaha. The wife is working her usual Sat day so I may come by. I will send you an e mail for your address again since I didnt really get to meet you at the house the last time since we met on the road. Thanks, Brad

See ya both(?) tomorrow. Nice to meet some new folks.

We can DB test cars too if we want. I'll have my iPhone and app with me.

It was good to meet ya Jared. :beerchug:

I guess we forgot to do any sound testing huh? See you at the track. Get there by 7.

Attention all track whores - NOR-CAL SAAC is once again pulling off a one day open track event at Laguna Seca Raceway on Friday Nov. 23 ( that's the day after Thanksgiving for all you turkey lovers). The sound limit has now been set to 92 db instead of the previously listed 90 db . It is open to all makes of cars ( except open wheel ) and NOR-CAL SAAC membership is not required . Please note that all barrier barrels have been removed and there is plenty of "run off" room ( but deep sand ) for those who ride the berms ( you know who you are ). So come on out and experience a world famous track and work off that feast from the Thanksgiving table. You can register on the NOR-CAL SAAC website.

This is still a maybe for me at the moment. As you know, I cooked my brakes at Thunderhill and I am still waiting for the rotors from Stage3motorsports. I will call them tomorrow and see why the order is taking so long. If I get the rotors by the last day to register I will be signing up.

I am sure my car will not pass sound but will just have to lift the throttle by the station.

Not going to make it. The new rotors will not be shipped until after this event. Have fun everyone.

Dana, too bad I was hoping to get a ride with you since I saw how you had that car set up at Pacific Coast Dream Machines!! Maybe next year, Brad.

It's coming up this Friday :)

Started playing Forza 4 and running the Laguna Seca track to familiarize myself with the course before going out. Will watch some you tube videos too. Sufficiently scared of and respecting the cork screw now! You really don't see it coming up or see the turn before making it.

This is gonna be fun.

Started playing Forza 4 and running the Laguna Seca track to familiarize myself with the course before going out. Will watch some you tube videos too. Sufficiently scared of and respecting the cork screw now! You really don't see it coming up or see the turn before making it.

This is gonna be fun.

The Corkscrew deserves respect, not fear.... just get your braking done before you start to turn

Good video -

This is gonna be fun.

I took a course on the old 9-turn track. Then I found a game with it included and it was amazing how FAST I was....IN THE GAME. It was exactly the same as the track, braking points and all. EXCEPT....What the game doesn't prepare you for is the elevation drop in the corkscrew. It's a hard left while the drop starts then it drops dramatically for a *short* straight and continues through the right hand "mini sweeper".

That drop is a M'fugger. I don't know how many feet it drops but it feels like about 100.

Have fun. I know the 9-turn track was a BLAST. We were able to go balls out from turn 9 (now turn 11) through the left hand sweeper (back then, "technically" turn-1 but actually turn-3 with the slight left hander going over the hill) and it was hairy, to say the least. Going over the hill putting my FULL trust in the flagman at the peak of the hill was scary as hell. We were hitting ~150mph cresting the hill and if there was a problem, wasn't NO WAY you were gonna get stopped before you ran into it. I never did get used to it and put my full trust in the flagman.

As the advertisement for the School (Keith Code's California Superbike School) says: "The most fun you can have with your clothes on"...

Phill

Archived