TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford GT gets 263.5 at Texas Mile

twobjshelbys

Just saw it on the FGT forum. Wow, that's fast!!!

In a standing mile? That's not just fast, that's DAMN FAST!

Phill

It was fun watching that car. Blew the engine on the last run, but I understand he has more than one. It was a 3 day battle for top speed between him and a Camaro (they hit 263.2 on the last run I saw and they were running again).

Just as impressive was a 2007 Shelby GT500 Super Snake convertible driven by Van Collier (engine by L&M engines, car build by Power by the Hour, tune by Jon Lund) that ran 220.8 in the standing mile. Van did an awesome job putting this all together.

It was fun watching that car. Blew the engine on the last run, but I understand he has more than one. It was a 3 day battle for top speed between him and a Camaro (they hit 263.2 on the last run I saw and they were running again).

Just as impressive was a 2007 Shelby GT500 Super Snake convertible driven by Van Collier (engine by L&M engines, car build by Power by the Hour, tune by Jon Lund) that ran 220.8 in the standing mile. Van did an awesome job putting this all together.

Amazing stuff happening in Texas. Congrats to all those speed freaks and a big HOLY HECK THAT'S FAST to Van and Team for getting 220.8 :worship:

I'd say he was pretty happy! I know I want to adopt him and move him to Texas!

It took a TON of people dedicating so much time to make it happen, but it starts with Van, and it ends with Van. Few people have driven a mustang of any sort that kind of speed, and only one has done it in a standing mile now. It takes some serious cajones to pull that off folks.

Im just blessed to have been there with him!

See you at the next record my friend... :worship:

:party:

:salute:

Van220.8.JPG

Van220.8.JPG

Archived