TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New carbon fiber pieces

svt13

Jer has any progress been made on the carbon fiber pieces? Really really interested in these.

A few new items will be out in December, but the majority will hit in Jan or Feb. Details ASAP...

Jer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few new items will be out in December, but the majority will hit in Jan or Feb. Details ASAP...

Jer

ooooooo I'm excited for this then.....details now???

how about now?

maybe now?

now?

We will make all these parts of EVERY year Shelby, but I have no ETA sometimes, since I'm getting a flood of requests for so many parts. Stay tuned.

Jer

We will make all these parts of EVERY year Shelby, but I have no ETA sometimes, since I'm getting a flood of requests for so many parts. Stay tuned.

Jer

I am confused by this? You just said you will have more details very soon but now no ETA?

Jer

Jer even though I don't need many parts right now, You are the man! Seeing everything you are doing for ALL Team Shelby members is just above and beyond anything else I have seen come from Shelby. I love that you are trying to get all years involved with parts not just specific years. Again, much props to you Jer! Keep up the fantastic work!

Jer even though I don't need many parts right now, You are the man! Seeing everything you are doing for ALL Team Shelby members is just above and beyond anything else I have seen come from Shelby. I love that you are trying to get all years involved with parts not just specific years. Again, much props to you Jer! Keep up the fantastic work!

Wow, I really appreciate the note. Thank YOU for your support!

Jer

• 1 month later...

Hey Jer,

Any update on this now that the wheel order is done?

thanks

Front splitters have been arriving and leaving the past 30 days or so.

Other stuff is still being researched. No ETA. What item specifically do you need?

Jer

Hi Jer,

I just wanted to say I totally agree with the sentiments expressed here by 05mustangman. you are doing a fantastic job there at Shelby. The improvements are outstanding.

Thank you.

I REALLY appreciate everyone's kind words and support. Thank you!

Jer

Front splitters have been arriving and leaving the past 30 days or so.

Other stuff is still being researched. No ETA. What item specifically do you need?

Jer

Rocker panels, side splitters, rear valance and spoiler if it ever gets made. I could settle on just side splitters and rear valance though. Would say mirrors but APR already makes a very good product in that department.

Still untangling THAT ball of yarn, we will have them again, just can't predict ETA.

Jer

If it helps Jer perhaps maybe discussing with APR because I know they are doing some molds for other parts. Also autosport dynamics would be the best one as far as quality in my opinion. There was another company that I think it was Phill directed me to for carbon fiber and I don't remember the name but they didn't charge much for molds and such but again if I were to do them I would have just gotten something simple like a decklid because the mold charge for that was only 300.

Also I know katech would be open to this as well since I have already talked with them but I don't really feel like paying 5k just for a rocker panel mold. The best part is for all of these ones I listed is they all use 100% prepreg carbon fiber and they have exceptionally high quality clear coats.

If it helps Jer perhaps maybe discussing with APR because I know they are doing some molds for other parts. Also autosport dynamics would be the best one as far as quality in my opinion. There was another company that I think it was Phill directed me to for carbon fiber and I don't remember the name but they didn't charge much for molds and such but again if I were to do them I would have just gotten something simple like a decklid because the mold charge for that was only 300.

Also I know katech would be open to this as well since I have already talked with them but I don't really feel like paying 5k just for a rocker panel mold. The best part is for all of these ones I listed is they all use 100% prepreg carbon fiber and they have exceptionally high quality clear coats.

APR make wonderful products, and they are the ones doing the 2010-2013 splitters for me now.

Jer

APR make wonderful products, and they are the ones doing the 2010-2013 splitters for me now.

Jer

Well then that is perfect actually if you already have a relationship with them. I would reach out to them and have them make molds and such for all the parts you want since I know they were interested in doing those anyway for themselves and selling them.

Well then that is perfect actually if you already have a relationship with them. I would reach out to them and have them make molds and such for all the parts you want since I know they were interested in doing those anyway for themselves and selling them.

It's a massive undertaking, hence the untangling of yarn. We shall see.

Jer

when i got some CF parts from JLT thet were not clearcoated with any type of automotive clear coat the Part from APR were not cleared either a far a know TF doesnt clear there part .

that was a few years ago as far as far as i know not many CF Supplier clear coat there parts ? maybe Jer can clear this up

JIM

• 9 months later...

Since their are no CF SS splitters from Shelby,anyone out their use TRUFIBERS's TC10024-LG104KR,i would consider one of these if the quality is good.Maybe using this and getting a mold made from it??From wounded CF splitter.

Archived