TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Dust "Argg"

CSX4833

Anybody try Armor All's Wheel Protectant? My neighbor swears by the stuff and it does keep his wheels clean of the ever present brake dust. As I was complaining about the amount of dust that shows up on by Alcoas, he was showing me how it doesn't show on his AMG SL. He said it lasts about 4 weeks and water is all that is necessary to clean them off. Well, before I buy ANOTHER miracle car product I thought I'd check with TS members first. Any comments would be appreciated. My search on this topic came up empty. Thanks for your help,as always.

Kevin

I was thinking this very same thing yesterday. I am trying turtle wax bug remover on the wheels. Why you ask? It has a little wax in it and I hope they are easier to clean next time around.

So far, I have not figured out how to drive it without using the brakes.

Anybody try Armor All's Wheel Protectant? My neighbor swears by the stuff and it does keep his wheels clean of the ever present brake dust. As I was complaining about the amount of dust that shows up on by Alcoas, he was showing me how it doesn't show on his AMG SL. He said it lasts about 4 weeks and water is all that is necessary to clean them off. Well, before I buy ANOTHER miracle car product I thought I'd check with TS members first. Any comments would be appreciated. My search on this topic came up empty. Thanks for your help,as always.

Kevin

Not to hyjack, just want to say your Kona Blue SS look very nice.

Works very well. I've got pads on my Mach 1 that dust like crazy. After a few days it made my wheels look like they hadn't been cleaned for weeks. I tried the AA product on the recommendation of another Mustang owner (who is a member here) and I am sold on it!

As a update to this thread, Target must be discontinuing the Armor All Wheel Protectant as I was able to buy it for $2.36 a can while supplies last. Just thought everybody should know.

yes, the will dull the shine slightly.

my advice would be to just try it. you may be so impressed with the reduction in dust that a little reduction in shine won't bother you

besides, brake dust reduces the shine and is black!

yes, the will dull the shine slightly.

my advice would be to just try it. you may be so impressed with the reduction in dust that a little reduction in shine won't bother you

besides, brake dust reduces the shine and is black!

I know, I know, I have to stay on top of my Alcoa's all of the time to keep the brake dust to a minimum.

My guess was that any coating or spray would dull the look to some extent.

R

Not to be a smart azz, but... Rather than figuring how to easily clean the dust off your rims, why don't you eliminate (reduce big time) the dust by using ceramic pads?

I changed my pads to DuraLast CMax Golds and the difference is night and day.

Not to be a smart azz, but... Rather than figuring how to easily clean the dust off your rims, why don't you eliminate (reduce big time) the dust by using ceramic pads?

I changed my pads to DuraLast CMax Golds and the difference is night and day.

^^^^^^How much are these pads for the Baer Extreme's?

R

i keep a bucket of soapy water and sponge in my garage and everytime after a run i wash the rims ( 10 mins before parking her...i'm fed up with spending $$$$$$ on products that do the same as soapy water does.....oh I also wax the rims every second week which helps to remove the dust . my 2cts....

Spent most of the day trying to find a ceramic pad for he Wilwoods to no avail. Nobody makes them, not even Wilwood so I guess I'm stuck with the ones that came on the car and use a wheel protector. Bummer.

Spent most of the day trying to find a ceramic pad for he Wilwoods to no avail. Nobody makes them, not even Wilwood so I guess I'm stuck with the ones that came on the car and use a wheel protector. Bummer.

My guess is that maybe the mention of ceramics was for a regular production GT500, and not a Super Snake? I have not researched what is available for the Baer Extremes........

R

• 4 weeks later...

Archived