TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Super Snake GT500

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
guys,

first off the KR is not just a hood and wheels, it has completely different suspension, cold air intake, calibration, carbon fiber parts, interior changes, badges, shifter, 373 rear , not gears, etc....

and there is another package.......

Amy

I was rolling my eyes at what he said.

question why didn't Shelby have all these packages and plans out when the car started rolling down the line it seems like you left a lot of money on the table. for me justifying another 10k +, almost a year after the car is out,is out of the question. but had this package been offered in august or even July people could have planed accordingly my car has over 7k miles and a few rock chips on her by now no way would i think about sending it to Shelby then its just another car with a bunch of after market parts stuck on, some cars are going to be over a year old by the time they get these 40th packages put on even if by some chance these car did become collectable in the future would you spend good money on a 2008 that was sent to Shelby new ,or a car that was sent there a year after production even if they were in the same condition and same miles that's like if Shelby back in 68 offered to all the 67 owners a package to put new gizmos and widgets in them would these car be worth as much as the non gizmos and widgets original cars

i don't know but my car is what it is

Have any of you guys and girls seen the new Motor Trend magizine? The 2008 GT500KR is on the cover, and there is a story about the car in the magazine. But, the big news is the "Shelby Super Snake" option that will go into production this summer. The option is outlined as a Shelby installed option, similar to the 40th Anniversary package, except that it features many GT500KYfeatures (including the hood). It reads on to say that the up-grade will be installed in LasVegas to new and used GT500s. The starting price for the package is $10,000.00. The package includes KR wheels, hood, aditional guages, side window louvers, "Super Snake" side stripes and other items. The article stated that modifications to the motor are expected to produce 600+ HP, but it did not state if these changes were part of or in addition to the $10,000.00 cost of the package. It went on to say that this package is expected to be rarer than the upcoming KR in 2008.

There is also a photo of a red GT500 with the "Super Snake" options installed.

What is the "GT500KY"? What is this world coming to?

What if you could get a 1967 GT500 that had a bunch of 67', or 68' King of the Road mods put on it? Would it really be a KR, or just a GT500 with some KR parts on it?

What if you could get a 1967 GT500 that had a bunch of 67', or 68' King of the Road mods put on it? Would it really be a KR, or just a GT500 with some KR parts on it?

That, to me, would not be appealing. But if the 67GT500 had extra "Shelby" mods, from SAI, it would be different. Not an attempt to be a KR. Just a modded GT500 with Shelby approved mods. IMO

Just like if I were to put a SC on my SGT. I would only want the Shelby one, but thats just me.

I don't already own one, so step one is to buy a car hence the KY. Comprende?

right back at ya! LOL --- it's "you're buying" not "your buying" and "there" not "their" :doh: please read it again real SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW

Great, :ohsnap: another Grammer/Spelling Queen like Ruf :doh:

Now go buy a car so you have something to do :hysterical2:

That, to me, would not be appealing. But if the 67GT500 had extra "Shelby" mods, from SAI, it would be different. Not an attempt to be a KR. Just a modded GT500 with Shelby approved mods. IMO

Just like if I were to put a SC on my SGT. I would only want the Shelby one, but thats just me.

I was just joking about the "KY" post! But hey: was that a Freudian slip, or what?? I am just joking again. Obviously we are not grammar aficionados around here.

I hear you MASTERSMECH1. I go back and forth and struggle with the issue of all these after market mods whether they are Shelby/Ford, or not. After-all it is already a stock 500 horsepower car. I try to think of the 07 GT500 as a collector's car. Is it good to just leave it alone and maintain it well for posterity, or mod the hell out of it for short term fun? The point is, look at the obnoxious mods of the 60's, 70's and 80's cars, did all those changes really add value to possible collector's status, or are they usually better left stock and well maintained? It is a tricky question. It seems like the highest valued cars are the ones maintained in the most perfect original condition. And what is good taste now might not be 20 years from now. I perfer the performance upgrades as long as it does not change the original appearance, i.e.: bizarre looking/sized wheels, tunnel ram bulging up through the hood, or pimped out badging and decals.

I think the 07 GT500 can benefit by a suspension upgrade and better exhaust signature and possibly one, or two power upgrades. I did enjoy driving the Shelby GT-H with the upgraded rearend, exhaust and tune. As far as larger wheels that were reported by Ford not to improve optimum performance, etc... I would probably not want to change this car that much. Once you change this too much is it really still a 2007 GT500 Shelby?

With all the modifications being discussed on these blogs it seems the rarest 07 GT500's will be the ones left in original factory condition.

:doh: Some folks don’t get it; I was being sarcastic by deliberately using a misspelled word. :finger:

Don't worry I get it. You have to appreciate good sarcasm. Have to have an intelligent sense of humor to blog effectively.

Archived