TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Super Snake GT500

Have any of you guys and girls seen the new Motor Trend magizine? The 2008 GT500KR is on the cover, and there is a story about the car in the magazine. But, the big news is the "Shelby Super Snake" option that will go into production this summer. The option is outlined as a Shelby installed option, similar to the 40th Anniversary package, except that it features many GT500KY features (including the hood). It reads on to say that the up-grade will be installed in LasVegas to new and used GT500s. The starting price for the package is $10,000.00. The package includes KR wheels, hood, aditional guages, side window louvers, "Super Snake" side stripes and other items. The article stated that modifications to the motor are expected to produce 600+ HP, but it did not state if these changes were part of or in addition to the $10,000.00 cost of the package. It went on to say that this package is expected to be rarer than the upcoming KR in 2008.

There is also a photo of a red GT500 with the "Super Snake" options installed.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have any of you guys and girls seen the new Motor Trend magizine? The 2008 GT500KR is on the cover, and there is a story about the car in the magazine. But, the big news is the "Shelby Super Snake" option that will go into production this summer. The option is outlined as a Shelby installed option, similar to the 40th Anniversary package, except that it features many GT500KY features (including the hood). It reads on to say that the up-grade will be installed in LasVegas to new and used GT500s. The starting price for the package is $10,000.00. The package includes KR wheels, hood, aditional guages, side window louvers, "Super Snake" side stripes and other items. The article stated that modifications to the motor are expected to produce 600+ HP, but it did not state if these changes were part of or in addition to the $10,000.00 cost of the package. It went on to say that this package is expected to be rarer than the upcoming KR in 2008.

There is also a photo of a red GT500 with the "Super Snake" options installed.

Thanks for the info timtnt.

In all honesty though I really hope there is another, bigger, better surprise coming. Otherwise all this hype was for nothing :do what:

:rolleyes:

guys,

first off the KR is not just a hood and wheels, it has completely different suspension, cold air intake, calibration, carbon fiber parts, interior changes, badges, shifter, 373 rear , not gears, etc....

and there is another package.......

Amy

guys,

first off the KR is not just a hood and wheels, it has completely different suspension, cold air intake, calibration, carbon fiber parts, interior changes, badges, shifter, 373 rear , not gears, etc....

Amy

Just to clarify something, just 1 other package only 1 price, or stages?

guys,

Amy

Amy, What ever you call it I'm getting it no matter what the other folks think. :shift: :burnout:

guys,

Amy

Count me in! :happy feet:

Hey, Timtnt started this, who is he anyway he posts once and gone look what he started, Iv'e been patient now look at what he started! Not me. Amy looks as if the cat is scratching to get out of the bag, will you tell us before we hear it from some stranger? I don't know how long the bag will hold...... :headspin::hysterical:

Is the "KY" what's needed when you finally decide to pay the ADM for the car? LOL

Dude, IF you already own a car 2007 or if your buying a new 2008 their is no ADM for this package (the car from the dealer, maybe?) because you send your car to them to have the conversion done :doh: please read it again real SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW

guys,

Amy

Hi Amy, maybe a typo but what do you mean by "not gears"? When might the guy that can't afford 10K all at once, be able to purchase true performance enhancing parts from SAI for the GT500?

Thank you,

Blayne

Hi Amy, maybe a typo but what do you mean by "not gears"? When might the guy that can't afford 10K all at once, be able to purchase true performance enhancing parts from SAI for the GT500?

Thank you,

Blayne

We are not doing a rear gear upgrade, meaning, we are removing the complete 3:31 housing and gears and we are installing the full 3:73 rear gears and housing Sorry, I was typing fast.

Amy

We are not doing a rear gear upgrade, meaning, we are removing the complete 3:31 housing and gears and we are installing the full 3:73 rear gears and housing Sorry, I was typing fast.

Amy

Thank you Amy, sounds like the whole differential is being upgraded.

Amy

Hmm I don't enough about gears to know what the benefit of this would be over a basic gear swap but it sounds interesting. So is it safe to assume that the unknown upgrade package yet to be released is the big "secret"? Do we have an ETA on the release of info?

Dude, IF you already own a car 2007 or if your buying a new 2008 their is no ADM for this package (the car from the dealer, maybe?) because you send your car to them to have the conversion done :doh: please read it again real SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW

I don't already own one, so step one is to buy a car hence the KY. Comprende?

right back at ya! LOL --- it's "you're buying" not "your buying" and "there" not "their" :doh: please read it again real SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW

Amy

Okay guys, it seems that we are getting closer to understanding the package, or at least another part thereof. :hyper: I can wait some more but still think that the base 40th Anniversary package should include what is shown on the SAI webpage now plus, address wheel hop, air-intake and tuning with FoMoCo (or Ford Racing) blessing everything such as to keep our warranties intact. Whatever the reason for not having taken care of these things initially is unjustifiable to a die-hard Shelby fan since 1965. :censored:

Hmm I don't enough about gears to know what the benefit of this would be over a basic gear swap but it sounds interesting. So is it safe to assume that the unknown upgrade package yet to be released is the big "secret"? Do we have an ETA on the release of info?

I am shooting for tomorrow....

Amy

Archived