TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Placed my order Today. Dealer has one< Black with White Stripes

lsquared

Placed my order here today in Richmond Va. Ordered Red Candy with white stripes. Recaro seats, electronics package and SVT performance package. What's the best guess for delivery? Around Christmas maybe? Be a great Christmas gift. Dealer has a black w/white stripes, SVT performance package, electronics package, and Track Pack. Asking $5000 over MSRP.

Congrats! Mine took 10 weeks, but that was a year ago. What ever it turns out to be it will feel like an eternity. Hang in there - getting EXACTLY what you want is well worth the wait! Good luck.

Placed my order here today in Richmond Va. Ordered Red Candy with white stripes. Recaro seats, electronics package and SVT performance package. What's the best guess for delivery? Around Christmas maybe? Be a great Christmas gift. Dealer has a black w/white stripes, SVT performance package, electronics package, and Track Pack. Asking $5000 over MSRP.

Been waiting for mine 15 weeks. Was built Oct 1st and had delivery date of Oct 11th but car is no show so far. My dealer is only 50 miles from the assembly plant. Maybe 5 guys are pushing it to the dealer along side the road. :unsure:

around christmas would be about right, i ordered mine on 10/2, got VIN on 10/18 with build date of 11/26 with an estimated 2-4 weeks delivery so you're in that same time line

around christmas would be about right, i ordered mine on 10/2, got VIN on 10/18 with build date of 11/26 with an estimated 2-4 weeks delivery so you're in that same time line

The assembly plant is closing for 3 weeks in November according to news reports for some retooling. Probably start back up the Monday after Thanksgiving. Then the UAW gets Dec 22nd to Jan 2nd off for holidays. So that gives them about 2 weeks more run time from today before they shutdown. Then they run again for one month and shut down again. So, it might be a while longer to get the car.

Just noticed on my order that the priority is 18 with an order type 1. This may have been covered before, but can anyone tell me what all this means. Going back to the dealer Monday for more info. I've ordered many cars and trucks from Ford but this one is the most special. I need to have some confidence that the people I'm dealing with are doing their part.

Been waiting for mine 15 weeks. Was built Oct 1st and had delivery date of Oct 11th but car is no show so far. My dealer is only 50 miles from the assembly plant. Maybe 5 guys are pushing it to the dealer along side the road. :unsure:

I really doubt that your car is being hand pushed to your dealer . If it was, you would have had it in 2 days .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:hysterical3: Was able to print my window sticker today, 12/1. Another step closer. Placed my order at the dealer 10/19, received VIN about a week later, called SVT and got build date of 12/12, received window sticker 12/1. Now have an ETA of 12/23 which is a Sunday, need to check to see if dealer accepts deliverys on Sunday. This thing is getting close..

My dealer up here in Quebec, Canada confirmed my 2014 order on November 20th for a Convertible, Race Red, Black Stripe, SVTPP, Recaro, Shaker Pro, Electric package(NAV). They tell me not to expect it before March 2013, can anyone tell me if March is a possibility? Before or hopefully not much after? Although here in Quebec we have a winter tire only law between Dec 15 - March 15, I'd love to make my first drive March 16th 2013!

:hysterical3: Was able to print my window sticker today, 12/1. Another step closer. Placed my order at the dealer 10/19, received VIN about a week later, called SVT and got build date of 12/12, received window sticker 12/1. Now have an ETA of 12/23 which is a Sunday, need to check to see if dealer accepts deliverys on Sunday. This thing is getting close..

I ordered mine on September 24. Didn't get a production date (December 17) until November 5, and it took until November 9 to receive the VIN. That's 46 days to get my VIN, and it took you only a week? That's not fair! I'm gonna write a strongly worded letter! Just kidding. Haven't been able to download the window sticker as of today (get the "not in our system" message). If it's not in their system as of Monday (one week before the scheduled production date -- which I had confirmed with SVT), then I guess it may be cause for concern and time to bust off a couple of phone calls.

By the way, I ordered the same as you (Red Candy w/White Stripes, 821a, Recaros,) but without the E-package. I requested a change from Race Red to Red Candy a couple of weeks after I ordered the car. Even if that's the reason for my car being longer in the pipeline that it was for yours, I'm okay with it, because the more I see it, the more I like the Red Candy.

Rick

I ordered mine on September 24. Didn't get a production date (December 17) until November 5, and it took until November 9 to receive the VIN. That's 46 days to get my VIN, and it took you only a week? That's not fair! I'm gonna write a strongly worded letter! Just kidding. Haven't been able to download the window sticker as of today (get the "not in our system" message). If it's not in their system as of Monday (one week before the scheduled production date -- which I had confirmed with SVT), then I guess it may be cause for concern and time to bust off a couple of phone calls.

By the way, I ordered the same as you (Red Candy w/White Stripes, 821a, Recaros,) but without the E-package. I requested a change from Race Red to Red Candy a couple of weeks after I ordered the car. Even if that's the reason for my car being longer in the pipeline that it was for yours, I'm okay with it, because the more I see it, the more I like the Red Candy.

Rick

I don't really understand the ordering system that is in place, seems to not always be logical. It may be the way the dealers process the orders or what allocation it is for the dealer. My order was the second allocation of two the dealer had for the model year. I was surprised to get the VIN so quick but seems like it is taking forever now. Found out this week that the ETA has changed from 12/23 to 12/29. Not a big deal because I was originally expecting delivery after first of the year. I had originally ordered the DIB but drove a couple of hours to see a Red Candy in person (wanted $20k over sticker, just looked) and decided on the red. Changed the order before the dealer had received confirmation. Getting very anxious, be great to get it before Christmas but not really expecting it. Good luck, bet you have your window sticker by now. I was relieved to get it.

I don't really understand the ordering system that is in place, seems to not always be logical. It may be the way the dealers process the orders or what allocation it is for the dealer. My order was the second allocation of two the dealer had for the model year. I was surprised to get the VIN so quick but seems like it is taking forever now. Found out this week that the ETA has changed from 12/23 to 12/29. Not a big deal because I was originally expecting delivery after first of the year. I had originally ordered the DIB but drove a couple of hours to see a Red Candy in person (wanted $20k over sticker, just looked) and decided on the red. Changed the order before the dealer had received confirmation. Getting very anxious, be great to get it before Christmas but not really expecting it. Good luck, bet you have your window sticker by now. I was relieved to get it.

Checked for the window sticker again this morning, but still no dice. I called SVT and gave the gentleman the last eight digits of my VIN: "D6 - - - - - - ." He couldn't find it, but then noticed the other six digits matched up with one of the VINs on his screen. He read off the specs on that one, and sure enough, it was my car (same order, same dealer, same city). Turned out the 6 my sales rep gave me should have been a 5. With that small change, I was able to pull up the window sticker. Now I'm really getting stoked! I was relieved to get mine, too!

Except the SVT guy poured cold water on the whole thing by pointing out that it will take three to six weeks after the car is built until it arrives at the dealer. On a phone call to SVT in early November, they gave me an ETA of December 31, but three to six weeks after build does sound more realistic.

Coincidentally, my sales rep called me this afternoon, just to check in. He prefaced his call by saying I probably know more about the status of my car than he does. I told him about my conversation with SVT this morning, and asked him if he had the VIN in front of him. He did, and blamed the 6-instead-of-5 mixup on the small print he was reading. (No big deal.) But he said it was good that I pointed out the correction, and he would make a note of it.

Three to six weeks. Hmmm. . . . I suppose that applies to your order, too. So in theory, I could still receive my car before you receive yours. Which would only be fair, since I placed my order almost four weeks before you did. I'm kidding! I hope we both get our cars pronto!

Rick

Checked for the window sticker again this morning, but still no dice. I called SVT and gave the gentleman the last eight digits of my VIN: "D6 - - - - - - ." He couldn't find it, but then noticed the other six digits matched up with one of the VINs on his screen. He read off the specs on that one, and sure enough, it was my car (same order, same dealer, same city). Turned out the 6 my sales rep gave me should have been a 5. With that small change, I was able to pull up the window sticker. Now I'm really getting stoked! I was relieved to get mine, too!

Except the SVT guy poured cold water on the whole thing by pointing out that it will take three to six weeks after the car is built until it arrives at the dealer. On a phone call to SVT in early November, they gave me an ETA of December 31, but three to six weeks after build does sound more realistic.

Coincidentally, my sales rep called me this afternoon, just to check in. He prefaced his call by saying I probably know more about the status of my car than he does. I told him about my conversation with SVT this morning, and asked him if he had the VIN in front of him. He did, and blamed the 6-instead-of-5 mixup on the small print he was reading. (No big deal.) But he said it was good that I pointed out the correction, and he would make a note of it.

Three to six weeks. Hmmm. . . . I suppose that applies to your order, too. So in theory, I could still receive my car before you receive yours. Which would only be fair, since I placed my order almost four weeks before you did. I'm kidding! I hope we both get our cars pronto!

Rick

Received an update today (12/11) and Ford tells me that my car is in transit with a ETA of 12/29. Wouldn't think it would take very long from Michigan to Virginia. I am prepared for it to show up anytime but the 29th sounds about right. Not sure where you are located but 6 weeks just sounds way to long. At least we now have the window sticker to look at.

Received an update today (12/11) and Ford tells me that my car is in transit with a ETA of 12/29. Wouldn't think it would take very long from Michigan to Virginia. I am prepared for it to show up anytime but the 29th sounds about right. Not sure where you are located but 6 weeks just sounds way to long. At least we now have the window sticker to look at.

Wait a minute! You said your scheduled build date is 12/12 -- and your car is already in transit as of today, which is 12/11?

Just curious, was the date of 12/12 the blend date on your window sticker? I ask because it seems that the blend date might not be set in stone, which would explain why your car is already in transit.

And to be on a railcar so soon after production? I've read the Internet message board stories about cars sitting in "Area 51" (Ramp 51) for weeks and weeks before they got onto a railcar. Yet yours is already on its way so soon? Congratulations! I must sat that you, sir, are living a charmed life!

I'm in Albuquerque, and judging from my atlas, it looks to be about three times the distance (as the crow flies) from Michigan as Richmond is. I'm not concerned about the distance, though. Once the car gets on a train, modern trains haul ass across the country -- through technology, they move freight and goods from point A to point B faster than ever. So in that regard, six weeks from build to delivery is way too long a time -- unless the car spends an undue amount of time languishing in "Area 51."

The guy I talked to at SVT yesterday told me to call them on the 18th to get an update.

Yes, getting the window sticker was a big relief. And I was really pleased that my change to Red Candy is specified on it (my sales rep told me we caught that in the nick of time).

As I said earlier somewhere, the more I see of the Red Candy, the more I like it. On the YouTube video "Shelby GT500 Chases 200 MPH!", stop it at 5:56. Put it on your flat screen via an HDMI cable and marvel. For a Red Candy 2013 GT500 with white stripes is a wondrous sight to behold. Absolutely gorgeous! No doubt it's gonna look even better in reality. I am so looking forward to it!

Wait a minute! You said your scheduled build date is 12/12 -- and your car is already in transit as of today, which is 12/11?

Just curious, was the date of 12/12 the blend date on your window sticker? I ask because it seems that the blend date might not be set in stone, which would explain why your car is already in transit.

And to be on a railcar so soon after production? I've read the Internet message board stories about cars sitting in "Area 51" (Ramp 51) for weeks and weeks before they got onto a railcar. Yet yours is already on its way so soon? Congratulations! I must sat that you, sir, are living a charmed life!

I'm in Albuquerque, and judging from my atlas, it looks to be about three times the distance (as the crow flies) from Michigan as Richmond is. I'm not concerned about the distance, though. Once the car gets on a train, modern trains haul ass across the country -- through technology, they move freight and goods from point A to point B faster than ever. So in that regard, six weeks from build to delivery is way too long a time -- unless the car spends an undue amount of time languishing in "Area 51."

The guy I talked to at SVT yesterday told me to call them on the 18th to get an update.

Yes, getting the window sticker was a big relief. And I was really pleased that my change to Red Candy is specified on it (my sales rep told me we caught that in the nick of time).

As I said earlier somewhere, the more I see of the Red Candy, the more I like it. On the YouTube video "Shelby GT500 Chases 200 MPH!", stop it at 5:56. Put it on your flat screen via an HDMI cable and marvel. For a Red Candy 2013 GT500 with white stripes is a wondrous sight to behold. Absolutely gorgeous! No doubt it's gonna look even better in reality. I am so looking forward to it!

Actually the build date for my car has always been 12/10. The 12/12 was a fat finger error. I checked the week of 12/3 and was told it was in production so a build date may be the date that the car is complete. Don't know exactly how that works, also in transit might mean that it isn't in the plant anymore not necessarily on rail or truck. I asked the customer service person what "transit" meant and he told me " just in transit". My sticker shows the blend date is 12/10 as well as the build date so who knows, but when they tell me in transit I'm taking that to mean that it has been built and "could" be headed my direction. I've got a ph# for rail yard at Flat Rock and I'm going to try to find my car. I will let everyone know how successful I am. Good luck, I'm trying to be patient but I just feel that someone out there knows EXACTLY where my car is and I'm going to try to find that person. UPDATE.. Called the shipping facility today and was told my car arrived there yesterday (Ramp 51 I'm assuming). Told me they are shipped FIFO so mine has other cars ahead of it. Couldn't tell me when it would be on the rail but I can call back later this week. Finally someone who knows EXACTLY where my car is.. The # I called is 734 789-1752.

Actually the build date for my car has always been 12/10. The 12/12 was a fat finger error. I checked the week of 12/3 and was told it was in production so a build date may be the date that the car is complete. Don't know exactly how that works, also in transit might mean that it isn't in the plant anymore not necessarily on rail or truck. I asked the customer service person what "transit" meant and he told me " just in transit". My sticker shows the blend date is 12/10 as well as the build date so who knows, but when they tell me in transit I'm taking that to mean that it has been built and "could" be headed my direction. I've got a ph# for rail yard at Flat Rock and I'm going to try to find my car. I will let everyone know how successful I am. Good luck, I'm trying to be patient but I just feel that someone out there knows EXACTLY where my car is and I'm going to try to find that person. UPDATE.. Called the shipping facility today and was told my car arrived there yesterday (Ramp 51 I'm assuming). Told me they are shipped FIFO so mine has other cars ahead of it. Couldn't tell me when it would be on the rail but I can call back later this week. Finally someone who knows EXACTLY where my car is.. The # I called is 734 789-1752.

Thanks for the number. I will write it down and start pestering them toward the end of next week, after I've confirmed with SVT that the car has been built.

My local dealer just got one in this week on a dealer trade. The cool part is the sticker has the original dealer name on it from SHELBYVILLE, Kentucky.

Nice care too. Black with the SVT and Track pack.

http://www.ryanford.com/2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Coupe-Sealy-TX/vd/12602560

Well, my car finally hitched a ride and is on its way to Virginia. Just got off the phone with Norfolk/Southern and the car should arrive at the local rail yard Thursday night. Talked to the dealer (about 20 miles from rail yard) and they tell me it might be after Christmas before the car is delivered to them. Told them, get off the stick and get the car home. Said they will try, we will see. Looks like it's going to be about 2 months total from order to delivery. Not bad considering some of the stories I have read. Now just hoping everything is good with the car.

Well, my car finally hitched a ride and is on its way to Virginia. Just got off the phone with Norfolk/Southern and the car should arrive at the local rail yard Thursday night. Talked to the dealer (about 20 miles from rail yard) and they tell me it might be after Christmas before the car is delivered to them. Told them, get off the stick and get the car home. Said they will try, we will see. Looks like it's going to be about 2 months total from order to delivery. Not bad considering some of the stories I have read. Now just hoping everything is good with the car.

Congratulations! That was fast! Glad to hear your car didn't spend an undue amount of time in "Area 51," unlike some others I have read about. Seven or eight days from build to getting on a railcar seems to be above average.

I called SVT this morning and the guy told me my car went into production on December 14, which is three days before it was scheduled for. Maybe some of your charm is wearing off on me!

Hope you have your GT500 in time for Christmas!

Rick

I also found out thru all the conversation with a lot of folks at Ford that the build date that we are given is the "born on" date, the actual date the car is complete and rolls out the plant. My car actually left Ford on a truck to the rail yard at Melvindale Mi. where it was loaded on the train. It should arrive at Petersburg Va. on Thursday. I'm trying to to get it to my house before Christmas, so close..

This afternoon I called that number you gave me, and the lady said the car shipped out today. Now I'm really stoked! It's been 10 days or so since the car was built, so I hope it didn't get snowed on too much. The lady couldn't give me an ETA, so I'll call the dealer tomorrow to see what they can tell me. I think it's reasonable to expect to pick up the car a week from Saturday.

Good luck. My car was 11 days from build date to delivery date. I called Melvindale rail yard, gave them the VIN and they gave me the rail car number that I tracked with Norfolk Southern Railroad. The Melvindale yard number is 734 246-1852. They were very helpful. I did put a lot of pressure on my dealer to get it to me ASAP and they came thru. Going to post some pics soon. You will not be disappointed, it is a beauty. Installed my Redline hood struts yesterday. Absolute mod, work great. I installed the black ones.

My dealer's sales manager confirmed that the car is in transit (his information told him that the car is still somewhere in Michigan), and his best guess for delivery is the week of January 7. He said he should have more accurate information by mid-to-late next week, and he will text me with updates on a daily basis (I have no reason not to believe him). He did say that once the car gets to the rail terminal (which is in a town about 30 minutes south of here), he will do everything he can to see that the car is trucked to the dealer, pronto.

So that's that.

On the plus side, I sent an e-mail to my insurance agent advising her of my upcoming trade (I gave her the car description, the VIN, and even attached a copy of the window sticker). Going from a 2001 SVT Cobra to a 2013 GT500, I was dreading a significant rate increase, but I was pleasantly surprised with her response:

Great car, you must be excited! The day you trade in the vehicle we will replace your vehicle and issue you a new insurance card. Your premium will decrease and I do recommend higher liability limits For your Bodily injury and unisured motorist. Your current premium is $740 every six months once we replace and increase limits to 100/300/100 versus 30/60/25 your premium will be $543 every 6 months. Do you want towing and roadside assistance and rental car for an additional $10 per month?

Who knew? (And this is with Farmers, which has a solid reputation for claim service.) Maybe the reduced rate is a function of me being a geezer. Or maybe it's because of competitive pressure within the industry, combined with the fact that I don't really have much contact with my agent because of automatic bill pay. Either way, I'll take it!

I haven't really even begun thinking much about mods. The only thing I've ordered so far are the front wheel-well stone guards from Shelby. But I'm seriously considering Xpel applications for the front surfaces of the car, based on past experience living in the desert. And ditching the Goodyears for the Michelins. And a Watts link. And a Bob's oil separater. And hood struts. And a Tom Tom, just for those road-trip adventures to places I've never been. And the latest technology in radar detection. And . . . Well, as I said, I haven't been thinking much about mods or upgrades or add-ons.

My dealer's sales manager confirmed that the car is in transit (his information told him that the car is still somewhere in Michigan), and his best guess for delivery is the week of January 7. He said he should have more accurate information by mid-to-late next week, and he will text me with updates on a daily basis (I have no reason not to believe him). He did say that once the car gets to the rail terminal (which is in a town about 30 minutes south of here), he will do everything he can to see that the car is trucked to the dealer, pronto.

So that's that.

On the plus side, I sent an e-mail to my insurance agent advising her of my upcoming trade (I gave her the car description, the VIN, and even attached a copy of the window sticker). Going from a 2001 SVT Cobra to a 2013 GT500, I was dreading a significant rate increase, but I was pleasantly surprised with her response:

Great car, you must be excited! The day you trade in the vehicle we will replace your vehicle and issue you a new insurance card. Your premium will decrease and I do recommend higher liability limits For your Bodily injury and unisured motorist. Your current premium is $740 every six months once we replace and increase limits to 100/300/100 versus 30/60/25 your premium will be $543 every 6 months. Do you want towing and roadside assistance and rental car for an additional $10 per month?

Who knew? (And this is with Farmers, which has a solid reputation for claim service.) Maybe the reduced rate is a function of me being a geezer. Or maybe it's because of competitive pressure within the industry, combined with the fact that I don't really have much contact with my agent because of automatic bill pay. Either way, I'll take it!

I haven't really even begun thinking much about mods. The only thing I've ordered so far are the front wheel-well stone guards from Shelby. But I'm seriously considering Xpel applications for the front surfaces of the car, based on past experience living in the desert. And ditching the Goodyears for the Michelins. And a Watts link. And a Bob's oil separater. And hood struts. And a Tom Tom, just for those road-trip adventures to places I've never been. And the latest technology in radar detection. And . . . Well, as I said, I haven't been thinking much about mods or upgrades or add-ons.

You mention a Tom Tom. Did you order your car or get one off a lot? I'm surprized you did not get the electronics pack which included navigation.

You mention a Tom Tom. Did you order your car or get one off a lot? I'm surprized you did not get the electronics pack which included navigation.

I did special order the car. Call me "old school," but I never considered the NAV package. Maybe I should've, but it seemed a bit expensive when I can get a Tom Tom for less than $200. And I find it a bit creepy (not to mention ironic) talking to an onboard computer, dictating and confirming cabin temperatures and radio station settings and whatnot, as if I were talking to HAL 2000, when instead, I consider the 2013 GT500 as sort of a modern-day variant of the original AC Cobra, which didn't even have a heater or a radio. The Tom Tom is a neat little gadget, but not a priority. I've navigated the entire lower 48 with just road maps with no problem -- I just thought the Tom Tom might be useful in the cities.

Rick

Archived