TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wide Body kit

NMAv

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it but I think it would look better without the nonfunctioning vent.

Stay tuned.

Jer

I'll post some great pix I have as soon as the photo display glitch on the site is worked out.

Jer

My Mustang will arrive this month for conversion to a wide body GTS. Is something going to change before it gets built?

The upper "faux vent" on the rear quarter panel has been eliminated, and it now more closely matches the 2005-2009 version (see my pix of the black Shelby GT above in Post # 41)).

Jer

The upper "faux vent" on the rear quarter panel has been eliminated, and it now more closely matches the 2005-2009 version (see my pix of the black Shelby GT above in Post # 41)).

Jer

Thanks. I didn't notice the change when you posted the black photos. I like the clean look.

Thanks. I didn't notice the change when you posted the black photos. I like the clean look.

We had a team meeting where EVERYONE at the table agreed that the 2005-2009 kit looked better than the 2010+, all because of that "vent" (or lack thereof). So we nixed it.

Jer

I liked the vent. Most every super car has vents on the side (although they are functional in that case)

When is this kit and pricing going to be released? And Jer you still didn't answer me if the rear wide body just attaches on top of the existing rear panels or if the rear panels are removed. :)

I liked the vent. Most every super car has vents on the side (although they are functional in that case)

When is this kit and pricing going to be released? And Jer you still didn't answer me if the rear wide body just attaches on top of the existing rear panels or if the rear panels are removed. :)

I saw the faux vent in person and while it wasn't completely objectionable it did look a little cheap. Not enough to prevent me from ordering one, but not the best. A functional vent would probably be the best solution but I also like the clean no vent look.

Pricing for adding the wide body to a GTS, GT350 or GT500 SuperSnake has been released. It's on my order and includes the wheels and tires. I better not state the number here in case it has changed. Talk to the sales guys if you're interested in the installed price.

I saw the faux vent in person and while it wasn't completely objectionable it did look a little cheap. Not enough to prevent me from ordering one, but not the best. A functional vent would probably be the best solution but I also like the clean no vent look.

Pricing for adding the wide body to a GTS, GT350 or GT500 has been released. It's on my order and includes the wheels and tires. I better not state the number here in case it has changed. Talk to the sales guys if you're interested in the installed price.

edit

Got my pics from Jeremy with a price to be installed at SA.....seriously pondering it, looks awesome!!!

Could you please PM the price too. I am going to the "Holy Land" (Vegas) this weekend and to check out the work on the widebody first hand!! Dying to see this thing in person!!! :happy feet:

I heard the price. Thanks but no thanks. Might as well get a new car at that price.

Don't know how THAT is possible. I'm the one pricing it, and I haven't announced it.

Jer

Archived