TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake Reservoir Covers Now Available!

Jer

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Black MAY be on the horizon, but not anytime soon, unfortunately. These covers and the black anodized tanks are from two different companies, BTW, so a good color match may be a challenge, as well. I'll look into it and update this thread when I have more info.

Jer

Is this tank from Morosso???

Yes, it is the Moroso cover, my oem master cylinder in under this cover. Originally this cover had "MOROSO" engraved ahead of where the cap screws on. I did not want MOROSO labeling so I removed it with a side grinder, and then had a friend powder coat it in Low Gloss (or maybe it was Satin) Black. <<I think it was Low Gloss Black, I brought one of the Shelby cooling tanks to him and he matched the Black.

I have not installed my cooling system upgrade yet, with the black tanks..............but at least the m/c is ready to blend-in, when that time comes.

R

Jer

Why won't the Shelby cover fit a pre- 5/27/2008 brake reservior? Could it be modified to fit?

Thanks!

Here is the B4 5/27/2008........

MOR-74221_zps7a82a23c.jpg

Here is the After 5/27/2008

MOR-74222_zps94449866.jpg

Because the earlier version appears to be a wider (possibly larger overall) reservior and the later version a narrower reservoir, I would guess that there would be no modding the later version to fit the early cars......

R

Yes, it is the Moroso cover, my oem master cylinder in under this cover. Originally this cover had "MOROSO" engraved ahead of where the cap screws on. I did not want MOROSO labeling so I removed it with a side grinder, and then had a friend powder coat it in Low Gloss (or maybe it was Satin) Black. <<I think it was Low Gloss Black, I brought one of the Shelby cooling tanks to him and he matched the Black.

I have not installed my cooling system upgrade yet, with the black tanks..............but at least the m/c is ready to blend-in, when that time comes.

R

Very nice! I think I'm going to put one of these on order for a nice add in the spring. If Shelby comes out with one, I can always grab one then.

thanks

Hey Robert

Thanks for pointing that out. Clearly a mod isn't possible there ;-)

Jer, will one be made available for older 2008s and 2007s? I'd hate to put a Moroso instead of a Shelby in mine :-D Not so worried about the black anodize as I could always have finished. Better to have an aluminum finish than none at all!

Thanks!

Hey Robert

Thanks for pointing that out. Clearly a mod isn't possible there ;-)

Jer, will one be made available for older 2008s and 2007s? I'd hate to put a Moroso instead of a Shelby in mine :-D Not so worried about the black anodize as I could always have finished. Better to have an aluminum finish than none at all!

Thanks!

I agree "better to have alum. than none at all". The issue with not having it powder coated black and then engraved as part of its process, is that powder coating "after the fact" will fill in most, if not all of the Super Snake and Shelby engraving. If a person were to shoot it with black paint after the fact to blend in with their black tanks, being around brake fluid.......it would turn into a real mess with any sort of spill or drip of brake fluid.

One other point of interest in the applications listed below.........Apparently the GT500 (and GT500KR) master cylinder was unique to the GT500 in the B4 5/26/2008 cars built and not the regular production Mustang GT unit. After 5/27/2008 it appears that all Mustangs shared the same master cylinder? The Shelby GT would share the same m/c as the Mustang GT.

Applications:

2005-2008 Mustang & Shelby GT*

2008-2012 Shelby GT500**

*Shelby GT Cover fits cars built before 5/26/2008

**GT500, GT500KR, & Super Snake cover fits cars built after 5/27/2008

• 1 year later...

Anyone check these forums anymore? Give it a little more time and guess I will have to buy elsewhere.

I'm here!!

Have you checked with the Shelby Performance Parts link above, that is where these can be ordered if they are in stock.

R

Anyone check these forums anymore? Give it a little more time and guess I will have to buy elsewhere.

Can't check them all every day… very sorry.

These covers are very difficult to stock and fulfill, with different sizes, engravings… and the laser etching makes the lead time almost 90 days.

We've considered making all of them simply say "Shelby", so the tanks, covers, etc, are easier to stock and order. THIS way creates a mountain of part numbers and only SLOWS the lead times.

Regardless, we're working on it!

BTW… anyone with questions should ALWAYS email me directly, these forums and the Shoutbox are the WORST way to get a fast response, unfortunately!

Jer

My question was it has 2 listings for a 13/14 GT500.

One just says GT500

The other says "GT500 Large Reservoir"

I have no idea which one to order.

BTW, Marc,

This is the section in the Item Description you missed. Any car after 5/27/2008 would be a "Small".

Applications:

2005-2014 Mustang*

*Large Cover fits cars built before 5/26/2008

Small cover fits cars built after 5/27/2008

Jer

My question was it has 2 listings for a 13/14 GT500.

One just says GT500

The other says "GT500 Large Reservoir"

I have no idea which one to order.

If you go further down in the application listing you will find the information I have copied and pasted below................

"2005-2014 Mustang*

*Large Cover fits cars built before 5/26/2008

Small cover fits cars built after 5/27/2008"

• 1 month later...

Archived