TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTS In My Future .. Hope So

Gotmytoy

Thinking about the tune now. Still not totally sure but if it fixes the shift, then it is worth the investment. Would definately put the DS in at that point. Not that I would romp on it to 130 but seeing the videos makes you wonder if the stocker can handle the harder shifts or not. I like the power the little 6 has but sure wish mine had the same shift quality of the wifes GT. Got hers back yesterday and it is a monster now. I also want to upgrade the sound system to Navigation. Found a sweet kit at Crutchfield that Alpine just came out with. Looks nice but also expensive with the Alpine name attached to it. That's a lot to put in it so still weighing my options.

Looked the silver 2012 GT over really close yesterday. I had only looked at it from a distance and was being told they would deal on it. So I finally asked to take a look when we were picking up her car yesterday. Total mess is an understatement. It had 2K hard miles and every one of them showed in the condition of the car. So I thanked them kindly and walked away while watching the wife give me the "don't you dare buy that thing look". I could see it clearly and she was even wearing sunglasses !!

Still may wait a month for the final decision. I know I am procrastinating but want to make the best decision. If history repeats, there will $3000 Mustang rebates just before Thanksgiving on the 13's. Using X-Plan that could easily take $6K off the sticker and put me in a 13 GT Premium without a lot of hurt. I even found three more 2012's locally today that have not been molested by the dealer. Only problem is the best one is Grabber Blue like the wife's. I don't want two of the same color. I like the blue but not that much. Did see a Grabber Blue Boss today. If anyone is wondering, that color looks great with black stripes.

So the saga contiues a bit longer. In the mean time I am going to replace the spoiler with the new one I have and put the stock mufflers back on. The orignal spoiler warped due to the vent hole being plugged up from the manufacturer installed adhesive tape. Pressure built up and caused it to swell. I drilled holes in it to release the air but it still has a small buldge left. The manufacturer sent me a new one when I notified them. Just been too lazy to install it because it is a real pain to take it off and runs the risk of damaging the trunk lid if not done right.

Good luck with the Procharger. I forget were but think they are or were offering a $500 rebate. I know there is value added in SA doing the install but the cost seems a bit high. I think having it done local is your best option since it is a long boat ride back to Shelby. I know they are wild rides with the kit and since you have the DS may as well take the plunge .. wife premitting of course.

Archived