TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby power packs

Larry T

Hello Jer, just wondering if there has been thoughts on teaming with SA speedshop and releasing SA inspired power packs to increase the HP and TQ and still be able to have it reflected in the registry?

That is already in place - It is not done through us here at SPP, as with all Registry entries (except "owner-modified" entries) they are documented Packages installed here at Shelby American Motorsports. Post in that forum for more info.

Jer

That is already in place - It is not done through us here at SPP, as with all Registry entries (except "owner-modified" entries) they are documented Packages installed here at Shelby American Motorsports. Post in that forum for more info.

Jer

I'd like to see Shelby sell "tunes" such as VMP, Lethal, Lund, Revan, etc. do. With either a Ford Racing Pro-Cal or a SCT tuner. Frankly, I'm surprised they (Shelby Mod Shop/Gil) don't already. There's a LOT of money in it and with Gil's experience, it would be money in the bank.

To take it a step farther, maybe market "Power Packs" like Ford Racing does. A complete bolt-on all inclusive kit, including a tuner and 'canned' tune (which is what I thought the OP was suggesting).

BUT....I'm also under the impression that Gil Naverez tunes the Ford EEC systems 'the right way'. That is, by not screwing with the MAF transfer curve like Ford Racing recommends (and utilizes) and such as Tasca Ford RI already does it. The "fudge factor" that the MAF system affords would alleviate much of any real or perceived liability issue concerns (it allows for modifications (up to a point within its ROA) without requiring a re-flash (i.e. "tune")).

There's money to be made in 'tunes'. Proof is in the existing aftermarket tuners who are currently making a small fortune doing it and the industry it has created.

Phill

I'd like to see Shelby sell "tunes" such as VMP, Lethal, Lund, Revan, etc. do. With either a Ford Racing Pro-Cal or a SCT tuner. Frankly, I'm surprised they (Shelby Mod Shop/Gil) don't already. There's a LOT of money in it and with Gil's experience, it would be money in the bank.

To take it a step farther, maybe market "Power Packs" like Ford Racing does. A complete bolt-on all inclusive kit, including a tuner and 'canned' tune (which is what I thought the OP was suggesting).

BUT....I'm also under the impression that Gil Naverez tunes the Ford EEC systems 'the right way'. That is, by not screwing with the MAF transfer curve like Ford Racing recommends (and utilizes) and such as Tasca Ford RI already does it. The "fudge factor" that the MAF system affords would alleviate much of any real or perceived liability issue concerns (it allows for modifications (up to a point within its ROA) without requiring a re-flash (i.e. "tune")).

There's money to be made in 'tunes'. Proof is in the existing aftermarket tuners who are currently making a small fortune doing it and the industry it has created.

Phill

Not out of the question for the future, although I will say, Gil is already one BUSY guy!

Jer

Jer

Hello Jer, thank you for the information but I meant power packs in different variations (I.E. a NA version, Stage 1, Stage 2 with price points to match) that may be available to be shipped to Canada and installed here as I do not live near any Shelby authorized facilities.

Thanks in advance

OK, Larry, got it. I'll look into it.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jer, are any updates available??

Busy at SEMA this week... so, no updates yet.

Jer

Cool ... thanks, and have a BLAST !!!!!

Thanks... it's a LOT of walking, like most conventions. My feet need a vacation!

But we've had some great meetings and development sessions. Lots of good stuff in the works.

Jer

Archived