TEAM SHELBY FORUM

if you are thinking about tvs for kr !!!!

twicebitten

i need to make my self clear after reading the post .i have 2 shelbys i already have a tvs on my kr i bought the kit for my other shelby . i was just stating that if you own a kr and was thinking about a tvs kit this would be the time to purchsae one.i realize that the kit comes with cold air and tuner . i do not think you can find a new tvs by itself. unless it is used .

I also recently picked one up which I should have installed soon. For some reason, I couldn't see myself with the new blower with the 5.8 stamped on it. The original FRPP TVS looks likes it belongs under the hood of a KR while the 2013 TVS looks out of place IMHO.

I have the TVS on one of my KRs and was told by more than one reputable Tuner that the KR tune was sufficient, but if you get to swapping pulleys, etc.., it would be a good idea to get a tune. I went with the L&M high flow elbow and 66mm L&M TB and got a tune. I am very happy with the end results.

Twicebitten, thanks for the heads up on the discontinued FRPP TVS. I was on the fence about getting one for my other car, but after reading your post I bit the bullet. $1995 from Capital Ford in N.C. They said that they had purchased what was left from Ford Racing and that I got the last one. They were great to work with and if I ever need anything else from FRPP I'll definitely give them a call. :victory:

Twicebitten, thanks for the heads up on the discontinued FRPP TVS. I was on the fence about getting one for my other car, but after reading your post I bit the bullet. $1995 from Capital Ford in N.C. They said that they had purchased what was left from Ford Racing and that I got the last one. They were great to work with and if I ever need anything else from FRPP I'll definitely give them a call. :victory:

man it sounds like you got a great deal.

IS THIS TRULY A BOLT ON SWAP WITH NO POSSIBILITY OF MIS-ALIGNED PULLIES, THROWN BELTS THROUGH A $12,000 HOOD??!!! ETC. THROTTLE BODIY MATES UP OK? MY SERVICE MGR. SAYS THAT THEY HAVE HAD NUMEROUS PROBS WITH SUPERCHARGER INSTALLS, BUT HAS NEVER DONE A SWAP ON A GT500.

08krrick, if I can do it I believe just about anyone could. There are a couple of members on TS who have extensive threads with pics on this install. I took my time and had the stock components off and the new on in less than three hours and I was very cautious (slow). Just be sure to have someone handy to help you lift the old one off and put the new one in place. They're kinda heavy.

Wow, great deal. Is that the supercharger only or the whole kit including the CAI?

Captain, that was for the supercharger only. It does have a pulley already installed, but it is the same size as stock. 3" I think. I didn't want the whole kit, since the KR already has the CAI. I'm gonna send this one out to get polished along with a polished L&M high flow elbow and polished TB. It should look sweet on my red car. :yahoo:

i'm finding several different part numbers for this upgrade kit. which one is a direct bolt on? m-6066-sgt or m-6066-svta, or m-6066-tva? what's the difference?

m-6066-sgt = complete kit with tuner and CAI (for 2007-2009)

m-6066-msvta = complete kit with tuner and air inlet resonator eliminator (for 2010 and newer)

not sure what m-6066-tva is.

tvs without tuner and CAI was also available under parts number m-6066-tvs (76mm pulley) or m-6066-msvtt72 (72mm pulley).

thanx for the explanation. will the 72 and 75 mill pulley both work withour belt or pulley changes? what size pulley comes with the sgt?

The sgt has the bigger pulley. I don't think that the change in pulley size would require changing the belt. On my '07 GT500, I had a 2.6' pulley and kept the same belt, with a idler pulley. A 72mm pulley is larger than 2.6' (roughly 2,83') so I don't think a idler would be needed.

THANX, JUST PULLED THE TRIGGER ON AN SGT OFF OF EBAY FOR $ 2899. MOST OTHER SITES WERE 3299. WILL INSTALL UPON ARRIVAL AND HAVE TO WAIT 8 MONTHS TO SEE HOW IT WORKS WHEN THE WEATHER GETS BACK OVER 80 DEGREES AND THE TIRES WILL HOOK. YUK? WHY DO I STILL LIVE IN UTAH???!!!!!

THANX, JUST PULLED THE TRIGGER ON AN SGT OFF OF EBAY FOR $ 2899. MOST OTHER SITES WERE 3299. WILL INSTALL UPON ARRIVAL AND HAVE TO WAIT 8 MONTHS TO SEE HOW IT WORKS WHEN THE WEATHER GETS BACK OVER 80 DEGREES AND THE TIRES WILL HOOK. YUK? WHY DO I STILL LIVE IN UTAH???!!!!!

You have a pm.

OK GUYS, GOT THE TVS. NOW MY QUANDRY IS: SHOULD I RUN IT WITH THE KR TUNE AND SAVE THE PROCAL VOUCHER FOR LATER IF I EVER DECIDE TO CHANGE TO A SMALLER PULLEY. OR SHOULD I GET A PROCAL TUNE BECAUSE THE CAR LIVES AT 4300 FEET. DOES IT MATTER TO THE KR TUNE? ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION?

Archived