TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got a GT500 on its way!

Zoobear

This summer, my wife looks at me and says, "You really need to get yourself a race car." Do I have an amazing gal or what? So after months of searching, I finally found one that fit everything I was looking for. This is by far the most excited I've ever been to get a car.

Now if I can only keep still for the next few weeks until it arrives...

I'm so excited to join the group and to get out and meet some folks with the same passion. Is there anyone in the Denver / Mountain area, or any groups you recommend that I could join? I'm totally new to the forum, and have never had a car like this before. I'm looking for any advice. This is AWESOME!

post-39380-0-30052000-1349989199_thumb.jpg

post-39380-0-30052000-1349989199_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Yes, there is a very large group of us in the Denver area. Check out the Mountain Region Section here, and also check out the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/99-mountain-region/

In fact, we have a breakfast this weekend on the west side of Denver. Saturday October 13th at 9:30 am at the Mimi's Cafe, located at the Colorado Mills Mall, 14265 West Colfax.

http://shelbybreakfastclub.org/

Congrats on your new purchase and hope to see you out there!

Thanks guys. I can't wait!

Congrats! And welcome to the BEST site for Shelby owners. It's a great community, you'll learn a TON from its members. Enjoy!

Jer

Welcome! Yes, there is a very large group of us in the Denver area. Check out the Mountain Region Section here, and also check out the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club.

http://www.teamshelb...ountain-region/

In fact, we have a breakfast this weekend on the west side of Denver. Saturday October 13th at 9:30 am at the Mimi's Cafe, located at the Colorado Mills Mall, 14265 West Colfax.

http://shelbybreakfastclub.org/

Congrats on your new purchase and hope to see you out there!

Is the breakfast club doing anything any more? Nothing since spring. I've gotten nothing since like March... And I think I posted the last few topics there.

Is the breakfast club doing anything any more? Nothing since spring. I've gotten nothing since like March... And I think I posted the last few topics there.

Tomorrow morning, Mimi's on west Colfax by Colorado Mills, 9:30 for Breakfast. Tony, is your e-mail still the same? I've been getting the e-invites all year for many events, I just haven't been able to do many as they have been on weekends when I'm out of town for a race.

Wow. Be careful. I'm pretty sure she has to be from Mars. A couple of us (two GTs and a GT40) are going for a ride Sunday morning.

I laid a lot of positive groundwork before she told me that this summer. But she is amazing, and I know how lucky I am. She's from South Carolina and her father was a concept car designer - so she has hot rodding in her blood and it wasn't too hard to show her a wicked muscle car and get the nod of approval.

She and I will definitely be joining you at Mimi's tomorrow - and bringing our little girls who will grow up with this in their veins too.

Thanks everyone! What a blast!

Tomorrow morning, Mimi's on west Colfax by Colorado Mills, 9:30 for Breakfast. Tony, is your e-mail still the same? I've been getting the e-invites all year for many events, I just haven't been able to do many as they have been on weekends when I'm out of town for a race.

Email hasn't changed. Maybe I got dropped because I haven't gone to anything for a few years. I will try to come down tomorrow but it all depends on the weather. Forecast says rain.

The breakfast tomorrow is looking iffy. I'm just not liking driving (even my truck) in the rain, and the forecast says rain not a chance of rain in the morning. But...

if it is not raining at my usual wakeup time at 5;30 and if the weather radar looks good I will be at Red Rocks a little after 6:00. The goal is to get some sunrise photos of the GT at the place we had the breakfast club photoshoot a couple of years ago. That is the spot I used for the Shelby GT photos for Barrett Jackson auction car, the second SGT, and the Cobra photos. If the sun shines it will be "glowing", if overcast it will be subdued, but he colors will be great.

But we are still planning the "terrorize the fish in the St. Vrain and Big Thompson" drive of the GTs up on Sunday AM. Anyone wan to join?

Zoobear - Congrats on ur 2013 GT500 and welcome to TS! Didn't know there were any 2013's for sale in Colorado. Hopefully this spring & summer my wife and I will start attending some of the functions hosted by the Colorado Shelby Club. If you haven't already drop by the Shelby American Collection in Gunbarrel, great place to visit.

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks everyone! It was great to meet so many great folks today at Mimi's - awesome cars abound with the group - and Sarah and I were really taken by the warm greetings and conversations we had with everyone. So thanks so much for the advice and the invitation. We will be joining you for the upcoming social and track events.

As for the car - I've got the shippers lined up, but no specific delivery date yet. It's an already completed car that I bought from a dealership in the mid-west. I'll forego the rock chips and my innate ability to draw snowstorms wherever I travel and rely on the shippers. It's the first time I've ever shipped a car though, so have no idea how long this might actually take. Does the promise of a bigger "tip" sometimes speed up the process?

I made the offhand comment this morning that I'd try to keep it stock for a few years before embarking on the inevitable modding. Micky told me that's what everyone says and it usually lasts about 6 months... my wife just chuckled. Yeah - this is going to be fun.

Cheers!

I made the offhand comment this morning that I'd try to keep it stock for a few years before embarking on the inevitable modding. Micky told me that's what everyone says and it usually lasts about 6 months... my wife just chuckled. Yeah - this is going to be fun.

6 months? My SGT went for the GT/SC upgrade within about 3 months.

I never even saw the FGT until the shopping list was done. Just cosmetic mods after that but I'm building the winter list now :)

It was great to meet you and hope to see you through the summer season next year!

Zoobear - Congrats on ur 2013 GT500 and welcome to TS! Didn't know there were any 2013's for sale in Colorado. Hopefully this spring & summer my wife and I will start attending some of the functions hosted by the Colorado Shelby Club. If you haven't already drop by the Shelby American Collection in Gunbarrel, great place to visit.

Cheers,

Ray

Thanks Ray - I've heard about the collection in Boulder for years, but have never stopped in to check it out. Now I have a great excuse. Hope to meet you at one of the functions coming up!

P.S. For the Breakfast Club team this morning, I did go down a couple of hours early and did a photo shoot at Red rocks. Posting here :

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

Sweet picts - just a great background for an amazing car. And great to meet you this morning as well. Enjoy your outing tomorrow - If I had mine I'd be there with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived