TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Germany: Classic Remise, Car storage garage, Dusseldorf

Brad Barnett

This is the first installment of our trip to Germany a few weeks ago. This is a storage facility where private persons can store their cars either on the main floor or in the surrounding area behind glass and on a moveable platform that will move your car into the correct position so you can open the glass door and drive your car out of the garage. We went there and had a great brunch in the restaurant above the main floor (it is the behind the glass windows in the view from the main floor). I tried to take pictures of the Ford products but also of the other cars and American cars on display. Some of the pictures were hard to take of the cars behind the glass. The picture of the 66 Mustang is believe is a real GT350 since I could see the hole for the brake cooling duct behind the side scoop but it doesnt show up very well on the picture due to the glass. I dont know what the charge is for storing your car here but I would recommend a visit to it if you are ever in Dusseldorf if you are a car person. There was no charge for just coming in and looking at the cars. I plan on posting other photo shows of the All American car show and of the German 3rd Annual Shelby Meeting (their Bash) in the near future. This is my first time using this program and I think it turned out OK. I am hoping to get as good as my mentor, Larry Pierotti, who I met for a training session!! Stay tuned for more photos later. Brad

http://www.photoshow.com/watch/nc6SE5Xt

Great pix Brad...we met Albert and the German Shelby club at a place in Stuttgart very similar to that called the Meilenwerk.

I wish I knew about this place in D-dorf, as I went thru there with my daughter after we peeled off of the SRE on my way back to germany to go see my family. We had time and could've easliy squeezed it in...oh well, now I have something to do on my next trip back.

Great pix Brad...we met Albert and the German Shelby club at a place in Stuttgart very similar to that called the Meilenwerk.

I wish I knew about this place in D-dorf, as I went thru there with my daughter after we peeled off of the SRE on my way back to germany to go see my family. We had time and could've easliy squeezed it in...oh well, now I have something to do on my next trip back.

Yes it would be worth it to go there. Albert said there is one in Berlin and Stuttgart also called the same thing. I dont know if it was the place you mentioned.

Archived