TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found an 08 SGT- BJ

77vinny

Hi to everyone....Just joined this forum. Cruising the local craigslist on Sunday and saw a post for an 08 shelby. When I inquired I discovered that it was a Barrett-jackson model (08sgt2284). I pulled a vehicle history report on it and checked the Shelby registration which verified it was the real deal. It is a coupe with the premium package. A shaker 1000 system and an upgraded Alpine Nav system. It has 28k miles and in georgous shape. Aside from the owners manuals and a special black and red key fob there is no other doc's available for the car. I saw on the internet that one could order a window sticker and SMS sticker for the car by providing the vin. Has anyone done this? I know a photo was included with the original purchase, but I guess that would be almost impossible to find. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase an rp of the photo? needless to say I,m stoked! :wub2:Thanks for your time and any info you can provide.

The Barrett Jackson cars came with a framed and numbered photo signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Craig Jackson and Steve Davis. I would seriously doubt that any kind of replacement would be available. I would say if you don't have the rest of the documentation that came with the car the chances of locating the photo are nil. Also, be aware that the doc package included a Shelby GT supplement in addition to the regular Ford Mustang manual. Be sure it is there.

I think I do have a scan of mine photo I could send you.

Good luck! They are gorgeous cars but a full time job if you got OCD over keeping black paint clean. My wife will not allow me to have another black car.

The Barrett Jackson cars came with a framed and numbered photo signed by Carroll Shelby, Amy Boylan, Craig Jackson and Steve Davis. I would seriously doubt that any kind of replacement would be available. I would say if you don't have the rest of the documentation that came with the car the chances of locating the photo are nil. Also, be aware that the doc package included a Shelby GT supplement in addition to the regular Ford Mustang manual. Be sure it is there.

Good luck! They are gorgeous cars but a full time job if you got OCD over keeping black paint clean. My wife will not allow me to have another black car.

Thanks Tony. No luck on a supplement with the owners manuals. I sent you my email address if you want to send me a scan of the photo. best of luck, vinny

Vinny,

Congrats on your Shelby GT-BJ edition purchase. Replacement Shelby Automobiles window stickers (aka Monroney label) are available thru the Shelby Store. See link below.

http://www.shelbysto...ms-monroney.htm

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve, i will definitely check it out, vinny

Hi to everyone....Just joined this forum. Cruising the local craigslist on Sunday and saw a post for an 08 shelby. When I inquired I discovered that it was a Barrett-jackson model (08sgt2284). I pulled a vehicle history report on it and checked the Shelby registration which verified it was the real deal. It is a coupe with the premium package. A shaker 1000 system and an upgraded Alpine Nav system. It has 28k miles and in georgous shape. Aside from the owners manuals and a special black and red key fob there is no other doc's available for the car. I saw on the internet that one could order a window sticker and SMS sticker for the car by providing the vin. Has anyone done this? I know a photo was included with the original purchase, but I guess that would be almost impossible to find. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase an rp of the photo? needless to say I,m stoked! :wub2:Thanks for your time and any info you can provide.

Do you have the last few digits of the vin?

GG

1ZVHT82H485153066 2284 COUPE MANUAL 33,050

This is a new one on my list of 100 BJ/SGT Mustangs. The MSRP on the original Mustang was $33,050.00 prior to the addition of the Shelby GT Package in Las Vegas. My records show it was not built with Factory OEM Nav. Thanks for the info, it's a slow process as I add the CSM to my original list identifying all the Coupes and Verts.

GG

I thought the only GT suppliment came with the 07's. I have never seen one in an 08 car. Am I wrong? BYW I think that you can still get the Ford window sticker at FordShowParts.com or at Ford PerformanceGroup.

Supplements were used for both years. Cover is the same so it is a little difficult to tell them apart.

Steve

Thanks Steve will order one

Steve, I was reading down this thread and getting ready to give him all the info, but you beat me to it!

NICE!

Jer

Archived