TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Center Cap for 20" Alcoa Wheels!

Jer

These KR-specific center caps fit the 20" Alcoa wheels and are are only available to GT500KR owners.

A perfect addition to the new "Fifty Years" Limited Edition Forged Wheel set.

Notes:

Sold in a set of 4 for $149.99

Restricted Access Part: NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE

CSM number required for purchase.

Available to 08-09 GT500KR owners ONLY.

Proof of registration required.

Vehicle must be in Shelby Registry.

Call Wendy C. at 702.405.3500 to order.

KR ALCOA 20 INCH CAP.jpg

KR ALCOA 20 INCH CAP.jpg

Those look great! Will get a set ordered today. Thanks again, Jer!

Thank YOU for your support!

:salute:

Jer

Wendy just called & I got my order placed. Now that's service. Thanks, Jer and SPP.

:beerchug:

Jer

I have a serious question for folks here, because I think others are in the same dilemma. I love these KR-specific center caps, but I don't have any 20" wheels (yet). I couldn't afford to buy the wheels Jer worked hard to get for everyone, but in the next year that could be possible. I can, however, afford $149 for the KR center caps and I do not want to miss out on this KR-specific item since I figure it is in short quantity.

My question is this...should I buy the center caps now, before they disappear, thinking that I can get a set of 20" Alcoas in the future when I have the money for them? Or, is this a non-starter since the 20" wheels won't be available ever again?

There will always be wheels that could be found on EBay and other sites. The problem with that is the price will only rise as time goes on. I say buy the caps and get the wheels when you can.

After December there might be a few wheels available from SPP, but once available they will be gone in a flash.

You would have to be quick.

You could also just by new black 18" KR rims and for less money.

I have a serious question for folks here, because I think others are in the same dilemma. I love these KR-specific center caps, but I don't have any 20" wheels (yet). I couldn't afford to buy the wheels Jer worked hard to get for everyone, but in the next year that could be possible. I can, however, afford $149 for the KR center caps and I do not want to miss out on this KR-specific item since I figure it is in short quantity.

My question is this...should I buy the center caps now, before they disappear, thinking that I can get a set of 20" Alcoas in the future when I have the money for them? Or, is this a non-starter since the 20" wheels won't be available ever again?

If you're keeping the KR long term, buy what you can afford to now, as it will likely be cheaper than down the road. The future will look after itself. If you buy 20's down the road and they have caps, sell them to a nice KR owner who missed out and make a little extra jingle. It's usually this little stuff that becomes difficult to find down the road.

Just placed my order yesterday for these; I already ordered the shifter knob and billet fuel door the day before. Thanks Jer for making these happen for KR owners! Now the only item that would be missing for me would be the engraved brake fluid reservoir cover that matches the fuse box cover. Hoping these are brought back soon for both '08 and '09 owners.

I'm in for the center caps!! I'll call tomorrow.

I posted this in the parts section earlier. The master cylinder cover was made for the smaller of the two master cylinders. If you have an early 08, the master cylinder was larger and this cover would not fit on it. I had bought the first one, it was sitting on a tool box at the Shelby store during the 11 Shelby bash. First, they didn't want to sell it, but they did. When I found out that it didn't fit, I told Robert and then sent it back. At the time, we didn't even realize there were two different size master cylinders.

I followed up with this a couple a months ago first with SPP then the gift shop and then the mod center and no one knew what I was talking about or seemed interested in finding out. Hopefully with Jer on board at SPP these could be offered. They are identical to the ones offered by Moroso, but were engraved with the KR logo like the fuse box covers as others have posted. Moroso offers both master cylinder styles so I know all SPP would have to do is get with the manufacturer and whomever engraves these. I think they would be a hit for the SS, SGT and other models as well. :drool:

I followed up with this a couple a months ago first with SPP then the gift shop and then the mod center and no one knew what I was talking about or seemed interested in finding out. Hopefully with Jer on board at SPP these could be offered. They are identical to the ones offered by Moroso, but were engraved with the KR logo like the fuse box covers as others have posted. Moroso offers both master cylinder styles so I know all SPP would have to do is get with the manufacturer and whomever engraves these. I think they would be a hit for the SS, SGT and other models as well. :drool:

Stay tuned, I should have news for you all this week.

Jer

Hello,

Is there any chance that GT500 owners could get a set of these caps without the kr lettering? I like the style.

Thank you,

Blayne

I don't believe so, but I can look into it for you.

Jer

Caps came in today. They're FANTASTIC! Thanks Jer and SPP.

You're welcome! Thanks for your support!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

I am ordering mine Monday. I just want to say thanks Jer, you have really demonstrated the commitment of SPP to listen to the owners and provide the parts we are asking for. I know these small batch runs are not easy to do sometimes, but we do appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

I am ordering mine Monday. I just want to say thanks Jer, you have really demonstrated the commitment of SPP to listen to the owners and provide the parts we are asking for. I know these small batch runs are not easy to do sometimes, but we do appreciate it!

+1

A refreshing change that SPP very much needed. Very impressed so far.

+1

A refreshing change that SPP very much needed. Very impressed so far.

Thanks, everyone!!!!!

If there's one thing I want to communicate to Shelby owners: I'M ONE OF YOU. Shelby hired me knowing full well that I intended to create the environment *I* wanted as a Shelby owner, and John Luft has supported me 100% from the beginning. The fun has only just begun!

Jer

• 1 month later...

Archived