TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT owners, need your help with mods. . .

A good friend of mine and his wife just purchased a super low mileage 2007 GT, black on black. This is their first Mustang and although it is not a Shelby they are hoping I can get them some advise for some small mods that will wake up the 4.6 and give it their personal touch. Nothing major or obnoxious, but just want to make it theirs.

They are considering. . .

Mufflers (just mufflers, not full system), CAI, Tune

What do you recommend? What brand etc?

Anyone have any of their take off parts for sale that would be upgrades from factory parts?

A good friend of mine and his wife just purchased a super low mileage 2007 GT, black on black. This is their first Mustang and although it is not a Shelby they are hoping I can get them some advise for some small mods that will wake up the 4.6 and give it their personal touch. Nothing major or obnoxious, but just want to make it theirs.

They are considering. . .

Mufflers (just mufflers, not full system), CAI, Tune

What do you recommend? What brand etc?

Anyone have any of their take off parts for sale that would be upgrades from factory parts?

The best mod would be 410 gears, hands down.Cold air induction and a tune would be next , doing this as a combination. I had the brenspeed tune and it was very noticeable. I have the one piece driveshaft installed but that is to pricey for what you get. And of course an supercharger is the best but very costly. Shorty headers are marginal but long-tubes would be noticeable but more costly.The list goes on and on.Good-Luck

Don't under estimate the effects of suspension mods.

After renting a stock Mustang on this years vacation, I have a totally new respect for the SGT suspension package.

You don't need to go really fast to tell the difference.

Don't under estimate the effects of suspension mods.

After renting a stock Mustang on this years vacation, I have a totally new respect for the SGT suspension package.

You don't need to go really fast to tell the difference.

THIS is the best answer for sure. Stance and handling first, then wheels (chose carefully IF any plans for big brakes later though), then exhaust.

If not a supercharger definitely the 4:10 gears then the stickiest street tires you can get. Go for the grip with the tires, it's not a Honda civic and your probably not going to drive it 20k miles a year anyway, and even if you did it's a heck of a lot more fun.

Handling package.

Brakes.

Cold air kit + Underdrive pullies + Dyno tune (as a package).

In that order.

Just my 2 cents!

Jer

Archived