TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JLT's CC/OS improvement?

440sprint

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with the owner and ordered the separator sans all install parts, because I knew I wanted something other than black hose and brass fittings.

He now sells a striped separator along with a full kit for just such an install ( ie cheaper and no wasted parts)

You can get what you need from JEGS, Summit Racing, or even Auto zone if needed, and many other local speed shops in your area.

You can read more on how I did mine, parts and such here

I have enough blue line like you see in the pics for another few set ups... if your interested, PM me. It's cheaper to buy in bulk, by like 50%

What if I wanted everything that comes with the separator to be black? As in I want the braided hose like in your picture but instead of brass I want black filing. Or maybe it would be easier to just paint all the brass place and get a braided hose? I'm assuming the braided works better than the regular one that comes with it.

I don't know for sure but I have seen a lot of them. Thats a Ford Lightning IC with about 25000 miles I believe.

Edit:

The owner actually stated it had 93000 miles on it in the picture. But I believe it had been cleaned before. Usually by 100,000 miles the intercooler is completely black with no carmel color and the burnt oil is about 1/4" to 1/2" thick on top.

LightningSCIntercooler-Dirty.jpg

DEFINITELY ordering from Bob's ASAP for both cars. Forget about everything else, this photo is worth a thousand words.

For those who have done this, is it just passenger side, or is driver side recommended as well??

SOB now I have to switch too. I already contacted them about the braided hoses and powdercoating fittings and they said it would only be 20 bucks extra. Looks like my JLT is going in the for sale section.

So my car has 3300 miles now. Do I need to clean my intercooler or am I ok? Haven't really done much hard driving.

I called Moroso this afternoon.

They said that they have test fitted these on 07 up to 12. Part #85478

They told me to call back in a month or so to see about fitment for the 13 GT500.

Can't imagine it being that much different, but you never know.

If it looked THAT good, I could give up my JLT for a Bob's with it's hoses draped from the shock tower over to the bucking engine! Did u mean that u found a source for a complete kit like the nice one u created with the Bob's? I couldn't find it on the net.

No, not a kit, I built that set up from individual parts I sourced.

DEFINITELY ordering from Bob's ASAP for both cars. Forget about everything else, this photo is worth a thousand words.

For those who have done this, is it just passenger side, or is driver side recommended as well??

Passenger side only. Drives side collects nothing

What if I wanted everything that comes with the separator to be black? As in I want the braided hose like in your picture but instead of brass I want black filing. Or maybe it would be easier to just paint all the brass place and get a braided hose? I'm assuming the braided works better than the regular one that comes with it.

Thats doable.

Hose, fittings and canister all in black, then use the thermo plastic clamps like I did and you should have a completely black set up

Thats doable.

Hose, fittings and canister all in black, then use the thermo plastic clamps like I did and you should have a completely black set up

Yea Steve at Bobs told me he could do it with the braided hoses and such but he charged more for the oil separator. He told me just ask Van since Van would be able to get all of these parts.

Yea Steve at Bobs told me he could do it with the braided hoses and such but he charged more for the oil separator. He told me just ask Van since Van would be able to get all of these parts.

If your interested in doing it your self, I can send you a parts list.. .. the pricy part is the hose,,, it's $$$$ when you buy just the few inches you need for this MOD.

I bought 30FT section, made mine and one other set.. the rest will just sit on the shelf for another project someday.

If your interested in doing it your self, I can send you a parts list.. .. the pricy part is the hose,,, it's $$$$ when you buy just the few inches you need for this MOD.

I bought 30FT section, made mine and one other set.. the rest will just sit on the shelf for another project someday.

Could you PM me a parts list? Your set up looks very clean. Thanks.

Could you PM me a parts list? Your set up looks very clean. Thanks.

Yes, but which setup?

The red and blue fittings, blue hose and black thermoplastic Gates "clamps

'

Ditto! E., do u have any of that blue hose left?

I have some hose and 3 Gates Power Grip Clamps left. PM me if interested.

Catch cans have been discussed on this site, S197Forums, & SVTP. The fact that the JLT unit doesn't catch 100 % of the oil was admitted to by the JLT rep. on S197.................not a news item. I don't know of " any " unit available that catches 100 % of the blow-by......good luck with your quest !!

Catch cans have been discussed on this site, S197Forums, & SVTP. The fact that the JLT unit doesn't catch 100 % of the oil was admitted to by the JLT rep. on S197.................not a news item. I don't know of " any " unit available that catches 100 % of the blow-by......good luck with your quest !!

100% ?? likely none, But a product better than the others, You bet, not even a question.

The Bob's Auto Sport oil separator works and works better than the competition. It's been shown time and time again.

Someone else may come up with a better working unit one day, but for now, Bob's Auto Sport oil separator is the best one out there if performance is what you're looking for..

Archived