TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Track tires and wheels for 2007 SS?

I've been off the forum for awhile, was any of this discussed in the past: What have people done to run on the track? In the past I have tracked using the SS 20"alcoa wheels and originally the Pzeros, currently using Vredesten street tires. I would like to move to dedicated track tires

I have a 2007 Super Snake with the Ford racing suspension modified with a custom Watts Link, Boss 302 upper control arm, and TrueTrac diff on rear; export brace and caster/camber plates on front.

First idea would be to use the original SVT 18" wheels: What brand/type/size tire did you use? Front/rear differences? Did you have to modify anything like the air duct, etc? Performance results?

Second would be with new wheels.

I would like to keep costs down and use the SVT wheels but am I wasting my time? What experience or problems have people had?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!!

I have a set of OEM GT500 wheels with Nitto-NT-01's for sale on ebay...check them out at http://www.ebay.com/itm/300791182242?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649. Wheels are Ford SVT OEM...not cheap knock=offs.

Only ran them at one event and it's a great combo...tons of grip in the tires, very easy to clean compared to other SVT wheels, great OEM look, and far less cost then a set of 3-piece forged wheels.

I prefer the 18" wheels over larger sizes as they are less rotating mass, which will help to improve handling and braking.

18" x 9.5"...they are brand new...mounted and balanced and used only 1x. This is a factory Ford wheel, absolutely no issues with fitment or clearance on any 2005 - 2013 Mustang with 14" Brembo brakes. Decided not to open track my 2012 GT500 any more and just keep it as a street car. Would rather build a dedicated track car then abuse my street Shelby.

It looks like I'm going to go with the Nitto NT01 so your tires/wheels offer looks interesting, but I already have my original wheels and can get the tires new for about $1200 total. Your wheels would look nicer but not for $600 more plus being slightly used. It looks like your ebay offering isn't getting much interest so far. I don't want to insult you but would you consider $1400 for the set? Time is getting critical so I need to decide this week. Let me know.

Archived